My Theory on Who Is the Holy Ghost

clbent04

8 hours ago, Rob Osborn said:

So, does the Holy Ghost go around from person to person on Earth or what? We speak of having the Holy Ghost dwelling in us, but is that his actual being or just what?

Is this your point of confusion? If so, I can can provide you a link (perhaps several) that explains it perfectly, if you don't find it before I do. If not, tell what is the most troublesome point for you and I will be happy to address that.

@Anddenex Has anyone else besides the Holy Spirit been specifically referred to as a “personage of spirit” within the canonized doctrine of the gospel?

Even if that’s the case, could it not be under my theory that since the Grandfather has an immortal body in another domain and is not physically present in our domain, His spirit nonetheless resides with us as the Holy Spirit? And this because He and Heavenly Father are inseparably connected, and it is the eternal order to these things?

Edited by clbent04

1 hour ago, clbent04 said:

@Anddenex Has anyone else besides the Holy Spirit been specifically referred to as a “personage of spirit” within the canonized doctrine of the gospel?

Even if that’s the case, could it not be under my theory that since the Grandfather has an immortal body in another domain and is not physically present in our domain, His spirit nonetheless resides with us as the Holy Spirit? And this because He and Heavenly Father are inseparably connected, and it is the eternal order to these things?

The spirit of a just man made perfect (D&C 129:6), and the Spirit of the Lord (1 Nephi 11, notably verse 11), are two that come to mind immediately.

Resurrected beings are not inseparably connected to each other; this inseparability refers to the spirit and attendant element of the individual (D&C 93:33). They are one in other ways than that.

God the Father's Father is mentioned in Joseph Smith's Sermon in the Grove.  I posted the link to it earlier but as usual, no one commented on it.  See below bolded and underlined.

http://emp.byui.edu/jexj/courses/sermon_in_the_grove.htm

I have always declared God to be a distinct personage, Jesus Christ a separate and distinct personage from God the Father, and the Holy Ghost was a distinct personage and a Spirit: and these three constitute three distinct personages and three Gods. If this is in accordance with the New Testament, lo and behold! we have three Gods anyhow, and they are plural; and who can contradict it?...

Abraham's Reasoning

I learned a testimony concerning Abraham, and he reasoned concerning the God of heaven. "In order to do that," said he, "suppose we have two facts: that supposes another fact may exist -- two men on the earth, one wise than the other, would logically show that another who is wiser than the wisest may exist. Intelligences exist one above another, so that there is no end to them."

If Abraham reasoned thus -- If Jesus Christ was the Son of God, and John discovered that God the Father of Jesus Christ had a Father, you may suppose that He had a Father also. Where was there ever a son without a father? And where was there ever a father without first being a son? Whenever did a tree or anything spring into existence without a progenitor? And everything comes in this way. Paul says that which is earthly is in the likeness of that which is heavenly, Hence if Jesus had a Father, can we not believe that He had a Father also? I despise the idea of being scared to death at such a doctrine, for the Bible is full of it.

I want you to pay particular attention to what I am saying. Jesus said that the Father wrought precisely in the same way as His Father had done before Him. As the Father had done before? He laid down His life, and took it up the same as His Father had done before. He did as He was sent, to lay down His life and take it up again; and then was committed unto Him the keys. I know it is good reasoning.

But notice that Joseph Smith makes no attempt to associate the Holy Ghost with 'Heavenly Grandfather'

And

The Holy Ghost is pretty well defined within our scriptures. 

We do not know the Holy Ghost’s name, but we do know his gender. Jesus refers to the Holy Ghost with the pronouns he and him (and notice that neither pronouns are capitalized) in John 16: 7, 13-14. And although there is some discord, the prevailing idea is that the personage that speaks with Nephi about the interpretation of Lehi’s dream in 1 Nephi 11 is the Holy Ghost.

1 Nephi 11:11 And I said unto him: To know the interpretation thereof—for I spake unto him as a man speaketh; for I beheld that he was in the form of a man; yet nevertheless, I knew that it was the Spirit of the Lord; and he spake unto me as a man speaketh with another.

Marion G. Romney, James E. Talmage, Sidney B. Sperry, and Robert L. Millet all shared their viewpoint that the personage speaking with Nephi in 1 Nephi 11 is the Holy Ghost.[1] [2] [3]  These three references (the first is a General Conference talk and the other two are chapters in books) are excellent well written sources giving multiple explanations as to why it appears that the personage is the Holy Ghost.

1) In 1 Nephi 10:17 Nephi states that he “was desirous also that I might see, and hear, and know of these things, by the power of the Holy Ghost.”  And in 1 Nephi 10:22 Nephi testified that, "the Holy Ghost giveth authority that I should speak these things, and deny them not."

2) Nephi never spoke of the Lord Jesus Christ as the “Spirit of the Lord” when the Master appeared to him on other occasions (1 Nephi 2:16; 2 Nephi 11:2–3).

3) "Spirit of the Lord" phrase is used 40 times in the Book of Mormon and in all accounts, none of them describe Jehovah. In most cases, the Spirit of the Lord is used to explicitly describe the Holy Ghost. (Mormon 2:26, Mormon 5:16, & Moroni 9:4).

4) In 1 Nephi 11:6 the Spirit of the Lord uses the word Hosanna and worships both the Father and the Son. The word hosanna is from the Hebrew - ‘please save us’.   Furthermore, It would be contrary to the hierarchical  relationship for 'Heavenly Grandfather' to worship His son or grandson.  

Offering the contrary perspective, Bruce R. McConkie in the 2nd edition of Mormon Doctrine under the title of Spirit of the Lord writes:

But when we read the account of the appearance of “the Spirit of the Lord” to Nephi (1 Ne. 11), we are left to our own interpretive powers to determine whether the messenger is the Spirit Christ or the Holy Ghost. Presumptively it is the Spirit Christ ministering to Nephi much as he did to the Brother of Jared, for such is in keeping with the principle of advocacy, intercession, and mediation, the principle that all personal appearances of Deity to man since the fall of Adam, excepting appearances of the Father and the Son together, have been appearances of Christ.

Personally, I like the idea that the Holy Ghost visited Nephi and directly taught him the interpretation of Lehi’s dream. Nephi knew instinctively that this personage was a spirit. Nephi does not say why or how he knew that it was a spirit, perhaps the appearance of the personage was obvious. D&C 129 is a great chapter that discusses the differences and how to distinguish between resurrected beings, spirits of just men made perfect, and devils (emphasis on verse 6). Joseph Smith also provided the following statement.

The spirit of a just man made perfect if he made his appearance he would appear or be enveloped in flaming fire and no man in this mortal state could endure it, but an angel could come and appear as an other man for Paul says be careful to entertain an strangers for some have entertained Angels unawares. But to prove spirits view the Saviour after his resurrection when he appeared unto his diciples. they were afraid and thought they had seen a spirit but he convinces them of their mistake by teling them to handle him for says he a spirit has not flesh and bones as ye see me have.[4]

It is interesting that McConkie compares this vision of Nephi (1 Nephi 11) to the vision of the Brother of Jared (Ether 3), because Nephi knows that this personage is a spirit whereas the Brother of Jared was initially convinced that Jehovah had a body of flesh and blood (Ether 3:6,8).

The body that Jehovah showed to the Brother of Jared should not be compared to the personage of spirit that Nephi witnessed during his encounter with the Holy Ghost.

[1] Marion G. Romney, The Holy Ghost, Sunday Morning Session April 7 1974, Ensign Mary 1974

[2] Sidney B. Sperry, Answers to Book of Mormon Questions, Ch 5 Did Nephi Talk to the Holy Ghost in Person, Bookcraft, SLC, UT (1967)

[3] Robert L. Millet, “Another Testament of Jesus Christ,” in First Nephi, The Doctrinal Foundation, ed. Monte S. Nyman and Charles D. Tate Jr. (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 1988), 161–76.

[4] Joseph Smith, General Conference, Nauvoo, Illinois October 9, 1843 as recorded in James Burgess Notebook

3 hours ago, clbent04 said:

A good thought, what you would have to then determine for yourself (I think you know where I stand :) ) is the following verse of scripture, "but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us."

If God our Father in heaven has a Father, his Father would have a glorified body of flesh and bone which could not "dwell in us."

On 11/30/2018 at 3:09 PM, mikbone said:

“Joseph also said that the Holy Ghost is now in a state of probation which if he should perform in righteousness he may pass through the same or a similar course of things that the Son has.” 

I'm struggling a bit with the idea that God would place someone on probation in such an important role. I thought that the position of Holy Ghost would best be filled by someone/something that has already proven themselves in all ways that are necessary and that doesn't require any further observation/testing. 

On 11/30/2018 at 2:23 PM, clbent04 said:

My theory is based on us eternally progressing as gods, not on a spectrum of perfection, but in terms of what we organize and create. As we continue to organize and create, we progress further as our domain expands.  And as our domain expands, our own spiritual presence expands.

But wait, you might say. How would God’s spiritual presence grow any further when He has already ascended to being the Almighty?  The answer: He is the Almighty within His domain and His domain alone. 

God will continue expanding His domain not only by creating more worlds, but as we become gods we will share dominion of our own domains with God, continuing to give Him glory as we receive glory from our own spirit children.

And so it is that the Son, Father and Grandfather all share dominion of this domain even though the Grandfather is not physically present. The Grandfather has spiritual presence in the domain created under Him by Heavenly Father and the Son. 

I see some similarities with multi level marketing. (This is not a critique or acceptance of the idea, just an observation)

8 hours ago, CV75 said:

Is this your point of confusion? If so, I can can provide you a link (perhaps several) that explains it perfectly, if you don't find it before I do. If not, tell what is the most troublesome point for you and I will be happy to address that.

So, our belief is in the Holy Ghost being a personage and that he is a spirit so that he can dwell within us. And, we also believe that we can have the constant companionship of Him within us. So, obviously that companionship isn't his personal presence, or spirit with us. So then, why the need to be in Spirit form? What that "presence" is and what or how it operates is quite a mystery.

25 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

I'm struggling a bit with the idea that God would place someone on probation in such an important role. I thought that the position of Holy Ghost would best be filled by someone/something that has already proven themselves in all ways that are necessary and that doesn't require any further observation/testing. 

If we dont challenge ourselves we cannot grow.  And until we understand all the mysteries of the universe we will still have something to learn and experience.   

Jesus Christ was certainly challenged during his mortal experience as our savior.  But after his resurrection He declared himself as perfect.  3 Ne 12:48

We don’t know very much about the Holy Ghost as a person.  We know his gender, some of his abilities, and we get to feel and experience his influence.

But some questions logically arise when we ponder his future.  Will he eventually receive a body.  Will he be able to create his own worlds.  Will he be able to create his own spirit children.

In essence does he have the potential to become like Heavenly Father now is?  Or do you think that he is essentially damned and will exist forever in his position as a comforter to mortal sinners.  

Joseph Smith makes an excellent arguement in his last General Conference address that becoming a God like Heavenly Father takes time through multiple steps like climbing a ladder, Jacob’s Ladder.

Jesus has overcome and will eventually will become like Heavenly Father now is.  It seems reasonable that the Holy Ghost has that same opportunity.  And the Holy Ghost is likely learning during his role as the Comforter.

I’ll likely have a better response after the Alabama / Georga game.  

29 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

He did prove himself, as a spirit for these purposes and assumed his role as a spirit in the Godhead accordingly. The term "on probation" may carry a sense of imposed discipline or punishment to some, but this is not how it is used in the scriptures and not what it means here.

Oh believe you me, humility is something I have been challenged with...

Halftime - I got a few minutes.

If we want to be like Heavenly Father and have all his wisdom and power then we logically must obtain it the same way that He did.  

He is humble, but also omnipotent and omniscient.

If we dont challenge [humble] ourselves we cannot grow.

It is a basic law.  

A Neurosurgeon cannot lay his hands upon you and make you a neurosurgeon.

If you want to be a neurosurgeon you have to: get a high school diploma, then a college degree, then go to med school, then get a neurosuricigal residency, then start practicing until you can take the tests to become board certified.  And they still must continue with continuing medical education.  And if a Neurosurgeon acts in a way that is contrary to standards he or she might be required to relinquish their practice and license.  

Its the same thing for any position of authority. Except perhaps for our elected officials...

Edited by mikbone

1 hour ago, Rob Osborn said:

So, our belief is in the Holy Ghost being a personage and that he is a spirit so that he can dwell within us. And, we also believe that we can have the constant companionship of Him within us. So, obviously that companionship isn't his personal presence, or spirit with us. So then, why the need to be in Spirit form? What that "presence" is and what or how it operates is quite a mystery.

Regarding D&C 130:22, the Holy Ghost could dwell in a person as well as a devil could, but for the most part neither does that very often for a variety of reasons not the least of which hinges upon the agency of the individual. That is the most basic explanation of the relationship between the Holy Ghost not having a physical body and where he can dwell.

Devils and the Holy Ghost certainly communicate with us spiritually, and we are all familiar with this. For those who believe the Holy Ghost has his own emissaries and delegates, the same. These and other functions of the Holy Ghost operate in much the same way as the light of Christ does, each emanating from the spirit of the respective member of the Godhead.

Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will not inhabit anyone’s body for obvious reasons, and rarely do They communicate with a mortal in person face to face. But when They do, we need to be quickened to tolerate their glory and not be destroyed.

On the other hand, we can tolerate the glory of devils and the Holy Ghost in our mortal glory because it is not transmitted through physical medium, whether that be greater (divine) or lesser (devils’) glory. Not having a body permits mortals at any spiritual level of development to begin from ground zero to develop faith and ultimately receive what can be given in the flesh and in person by the Second Comforter, who indeed has a body.

Spirits can communicate with mortally embodied spirits freely, but beings of unlike degrees of physical glory require special dispensation and quickening to interact. So, it is also a matter of economy and order that the Holy Ghost not have a body. Not having a body also relates to His ability to with godly perfection testify of something he is not yet himself, as a witness of the perfect reliability of faith in Christ. Thus he has the godly power to perfectly promise and ratify that which has not yet been realized (our exaltation).

Thus the Holy Ghost can do his job, or fulfil his probation as some would call it, only by not having a body.

"Constant" does not only mean "continual," but also "true and faithful" or "reliable" as in "firmly adherent" or "fixed or in purpose, affection or principle." Especially in the 1800s.

6 minutes ago, CV75 said:

Regarding D&C 130:22, the Holy Ghost could dwell in a person as well as a devil could, but for the most part neither does that very often for a variety of reasons not the least of which hinges upon the agency of the individual. That is the most basic explanation of the relationship between the Holy Ghost not having a physical body and where he can dwell.

Devils and the Holy Ghost certainly communicate with us spiritually, and we are all familiar with this. For those who believe the Holy Ghost has his own emissaries and delegates, the same. These and other functions of the Holy Ghost operate in much the same way as the light of Christ does, each emanating from the spirit of the respective member of the Godhead.

Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will not inhabit anyone’s body for obvious reasons, and rarely do They communicate with a mortal in person face to face. But when They do, we need to be quickened to tolerate their glory and not be destroyed.

On the other hand, we can tolerate the glory of devils and the Holy Ghost in our mortal glory because it is not transmitted through physical medium, whether that be greater (divine) or lesser (devils’) glory. Not having a body permits mortals at any spiritual level of development to begin from ground zero to develop faith and ultimately receive what can be given in the flesh and in person by the Second Comforter, who indeed has a body.

Spirits can communicate with mortally embodied spirits freely, but beings of unlike degrees of physical glory require special dispensation and quickening to interact. So, it is also a matter of economy and order that the Holy Ghost not have a body. Not having a body also relates to His ability to with godly perfection testify of something he is not yet himself, as a witness of the perfect reliability of faith in Christ. Thus he has the godly power to perfectly promise and ratify that which has not yet been realized (our exaltation).

Thus the Holy Ghost can do his job, or fulfil his probation as some would call it, only by not having a body.

"Constant" does not only mean "continual," but also "true and faithful" or "reliable" as in "firmly adherent" or "fixed or in purpose, affection or principle." Especially in the 1800s.

All good stuff but doesn't solve the issues I put forth. If the Holy Ghost is "one" being in Spirit form, how is his ability enhanced? It still doesn't answer how or in what way his companionship is transmitted to us. 

3 hours ago, Rob Osborn said:

All good stuff but doesn't solve the issues I put forth. If the Holy Ghost is "one" being in Spirit form, how is his ability enhanced? It still doesn't answer how or in what way his companionship is transmitted to us. 

I don't think you're reading the "good stuff" closely enough. His not having a body is more about his role in this world with us than his ability as a god (after all he is a god; was Jesus "able" to be the Father?), and more than that, about our tolerance of gods in the tabernacles and glory they occupy vis-a vis the tabernacles and glory we occupy, and the alignment of a god's faith with ours prior to our alignment with a god's realized faith, or his actuality, in the flesh.

Thus his companionship and other feelings, conditions and effects are transmitted the same way the light of Christ is. How do these come to you? It's not a mystery if it happens, because if it does, it's really you (Alma 32). 

And his companionship comes to you the same way yours does to others: How is your companionship transmitted to your wife, even though you may not be physically with her every minute of the day? How is it transmitted over the phone, or through more emotional, mental, psychic or spiritual means? How is this done when one or both of you are dead? How can you still feel alone though in the same room? What does companionship mean on various levels? In a similar vein, how is this companionship "constant," given the many things "constant" means?

Your forefathers, even Adam and Eve, are your constant companions genetically-speaking, just as you remain a constant companion to your posterity even after you are dead. This has a spiritual parallel. How are Zion, and how can we be, one with God? What is the kind of companionship was Jesus praying about in John 17? What do unity and oneness mean?

The questions I posed, if you can answer them for yourself, will begin to resolve your issues with this topic. But the superficial and mechanical answer is in the first paragraph.

Edited by CV75

7 minutes ago, CV75 said:

I don't think you're reading the "good stuff" closely enough. His not having a body is more about his role in this world with us than his ability as a god (after all he is a god; was Jesus "able" to be the Father?), and more than that, about our tolerance of gods in the tabernacles and glory they occupy vis-a vis the tabernacles and glory we occupy, and the alignment of a god's faith with ours prior to our alignment with a god's realized faith, or his actuality, in the flesh.

Thus his companionship and other feelings, conditions and effects are transmitted the same way the light of Christ is. How do these come to you? It's not a mystery if it happens, because if it does, it's really you (Alma 32). 

And his companionship comes to you the same way yours does to others: How is your companionship transmitted to your wife, even though you may not be physically with her every minute of the day? How is it transmitted over the phone, or through more emotional, mental, psychic or spiritual means? How is this done when one or both of you are dead? How can you still feel alone though in the same room? What does companionship mean on various levels? In a similar vein, how is this companionship "constant," given the many things "constant" means?

Your forefathers, even Adam and Eve, are your constant companions genetically-speaking, just as you remain a constant companion to your posterity even after you are dead. This has a spiritual parallel. How are Zion, and how can we be, one with God? What is the kind of companionship was Jesus praying about in John 17? What do unity and oneness mean?

The questions I posed, if you can answer them for yourself, will begin to resolve your issues with this topic. But the superficial and mechanical answer is in the first paragraph.

Let me ask another way. How is his personage as a spirit an advantage or enabling so that we have the gift of the HG if the HG can only be in one place at a time?

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:12 PM, The Folk Prophet said:

I have a theory about people who theorize about who the Holy Ghost is. Guess what it is.

I believe Brigham Young discussed this as well as either Joseph F. Smith or Joseph Fielding Smith.  In it they stated an OPINION (thus NOT doctrine and their speaking as men) that the Godhead WAS composed of Grandfather, Father, and Son.

However, if I understand what they were saying correctly (and it is possible I do not, it could be that the Son and Father were reversed, I'd have to re-read it to verify which they put in which order) it was the Father of All (which some point out is named Father Adam), who was the Father of Jehovah.  Jehovah was Father to Adam (also known as Michael the Archangel) at the time.  Thus, Adam was the third member of that Presidency and thus it was composed of a Grandfather (God the Father), a Father (the Son), and a Son (Adam).

In that light, what is your theory about those prophets?  It could be interesting to hear.

I personally believe (For various reasons) that at least the idea that Adam was part of the First Presidency in Heaven has merit, but unsure of whether or how to understand or take the other items of those ideas in my own thoughts and opinions.

In relation to this thread...

First - I do not think their opinions support @clbent04 idea

Secondly - It would indicate that if we were all spirits and came down to get physical bodies, then Adam was a spirit when he was in the Presidency

Thirdly - When Adam came down to Earth, I would imagine another took his place in that Grand Presidency above.

Fourthly - I am glad that this is an opinion (in my thoughts at least) because how would Jehovah have had children?  If he did, what does that indicate.  From what I understand he too was a spirit and came down to obtain a physical body along with us.  This is the main point where I think I may differ on opinion and am puzzled in regards to their statements

Fifthly - My own thoughts would be that both Jehovah and Adam were the spirit children of our Father in Heaven and that Jehovah was the Eldest of us all.  Adam was also a great personage and as such selected for his role, but they are both our Spirit Brother and children of our Father.

Sixthly - In that light, I would also think that the Holy Ghost may change from time to time in who that personage of Spirit is, but that they ARE a spirit and, as us, have yet to come down and obtain a body as we have.

Edited by JohnsonJones

1 hour ago, JohnsonJones said:

I believe Brigham Young discussed this as well as either Joseph F. Smith or Joseph Fielding Smith.  In it they stated an OPINION (thus NOT doctrine and their speaking as men) that the Godhead WAS composed of Grandfather, Father, and Son.

However, if I understand what they were saying correctly (and it is possible I do not, it could be that the Son and Father were reversed, I'd have to re-read it to verify which they put in which order) it was the Father of All (which some point out is named Father Adam), who was the Father of Jehovah.  Jehovah was Father to Adam (also known as Michael the Archangel) at the time.  Thus, Adam was the third member of that Presidency and thus it was composed of a Grandfather (God the Father), a Father (the Son), and a Son (Adam).

I assume that you are referring to the so called “Adam-God doctrine” to which so much confusion and misunderstanding has arisen.  

Some of the original material can be found on the Journal of Discourses page 50 & 51.

https://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/digital/collection/JournalOfDiscourses3/id/1861

https://www.lds.org/topics/journal-of-discourses?lang=eng  This is the churches current stance on the JoD...

The material does not speak of a Heavenly Grandfather.  And it is so confusing that hardly any good can be obtained from reading its contents. McConkie hated it so much that he listed it in his seven deadly heresies talk as heresy number six.

https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/bruce-r-mcconkie_seven-deadly-heresies/

Adding the Adam-God doctine to this already off the rails topic is just asking for disaster.

DCE62B5E-2FF5-401C-A8FC-BF88E509107F.gif.78ec5f3d97ec0359b248c4f5c089069f.gif

Edited by mikbone

22 hours ago, Anddenex said:

A good thought, what you would have to then determine for yourself (I think you know where I stand :) ) is the following verse of scripture, "but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us."

If God our Father in heaven has a Father, his Father would have a glorified body of flesh and bone which could not "dwell in us."

Since we only have a small glimpse into who or what the Holy Ghost is, the real answer could be a myriad of possibilities.

I think my theory could even be the answer, and I’ve reasoned how it could work without being in conflict with the Doctine and Covenants scripture you quoted. 

For one, the term “Holy Spirit” could simply be referring to the Grandfather’s spirtual presence here in this domain, while His physical body resides in another domain.

Even the revealed doctrine is vague of what we do know of the Holy Spirit. Do we really understand what “personage of spirit” means? Like @Rob Osborn touched on, you would think “personage of spirit” means an individual spirit that is in one place at one time. But yet the presence of the Holy Spirit can be felt simultaneously by millions of people all located in different areas across the world.

So the Holy Spirit ends up having properties more likeable to a power rather than an individual personage. The Holy Spirit then becomes more relatable to the Light of Christ than it does to an individual. That’s why I believe the term “Holy Spirit” could very well be referring to the spiritual presence of an individual rather than specifically referring directly to the individual behind that spiritual power.

What we do know is Heavenly Father has revealed very little to us regarding the Holy Spirit’s identity, so most likely the real answer of who the Holy Spirit is will surprise most of us. That’s also why my theory really isn’t completely taboo. It’s possible.

Add the missing asterisk to the Doctrine and Covenants scripture and it’s feasible:

“...the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones...” *

*The Holy Ghost does not have a body of flesh in bones, as it is simply a term that refers to the spiritual presence of the third member of the Godhead. The identity of the third member of the Godhead is Heavenly Father’s god, who resides in another domain created before Heavenly Father was god of this domain. Heavenly Father’s god has an immortal body of flesh and bone, but yet we can still feel His spiritual presence in this domain as He and Heavenly Father are insepably connected by virtue of the eternal order of things and the son/father relationship. 

Edited by clbent04

23 hours ago, mikbone said:

4) In 1 Nephi 11:6 the Spirit of the Lord uses the word Hosanna and worships both the Father and the Son. The word hosanna is from the Hebrew - ‘please save us’.   Furthermore, It would be contrary to the hierarchical  relationship for 'Heavenly Grandfather' to worship His son or grandson.  

In this case, it seems the Holy Spirit is interceding on our behalf pleading for the Lord's mercy. Making an intercession like this doesn't seem to equate to the Holy Spirit worshiping the Father and the Son.  After all, why would the Holy Spirit need saving?  He is already a god within the Godhead.

Edited by clbent04

4 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

Secondly - It would indicate that if we were all spirits and came down to get physical bodies, then Adam was a spirit when he was in the Presidency

So was Jesus. 

4 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

Thirdly - When Adam came down to Earth, I would imagine another took his place in that Grand Presidency above.

Why? No one replaced Jesus. 

12 hours ago, Rob Osborn said:

Let me ask another way. How is his personage as a spirit an advantage or enabling so that we have the gift of the HG if the HG can only be in one place at a time?

This comes across as a tangent since I already explained how one's body, god or not, is the law or veil against his cohabitation of another person's body. Our bodies are veils to other spirits inhabiting ours, and we allow them in or not.

The aim is for us to be like Jesus and by extension the Father (3 Nephi 12:48), not the Holy Ghost. The personalities and personages comprising the Godhead relate to us in three ways: as we were (the Holy Ghost), as we are (the Son), and as we are to become (the Father). Thus we understand he mysteries.

3 hours ago, CV75 said:

This comes across as a tangent since I already explained how one's body, god or not, is the law or veil against his cohabitation of another person's body. Our bodies are veils to other spirits inhabiting ours, and we allow them in or not.

The aim is for us to be like Jesus and by extension the Father (3 Nephi 12:48), not the Holy Ghost. The personalities and personages comprising the Godhead relate to us in three ways: as we were (the Holy Ghost), as we are (the Son), and as we are to become (the Father). Thus we understand he mysteries.

That doesn't answer my question.