Completely crazy anti-Mormon novel

Sunday21

1 hour ago, Iggy said:

Well, I googled it, and here is the link to Wikipedia about it.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strengthening_Church_Members_Committee

Doesn't come across to me as the church has people monitoring media sites, private emails, or phone calls. It does come across as the church does monitor NEWS stories, letters sent to the church from those who are angry with the church and/or leaders. Who are very close to becoming apostate.

Don't know why this should be alarming to anyone.

EVERY business or centralized organization monitors news stories, social media, and the like.  Heck, we pay people HUGE money to provide software to make it easier.

2 hours ago, MormonGator said:

I never heard of it until @Maureen mentioned it.  What does it do? What is it? I prefer NOT to Google it for the reasons NT said. 

Folks have posted a few good links. 

Critics tend to see the thing as the church's Big Brother, where groupthink is enforced and free will is suppressed.  If you do google it, you'll find umpteen critics out there, all typing at the top of their lungs about how the church practices mind control, and demands we only read from approved sources, and punishes us when we deviate from it's plan for our brains. 

And you'll find very little else, because (I'm guessing) in reality, it's kind of boring.  Like an Elders Quorum presidency meeting where they discuss the spiritual needs of various members.

12 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Critics tend to see the thing as the church's Big Brother, where groupthink is enforced and free will is suppressed.  If you do google it, you'll find umpteen critics out there, all typing at the top of their lungs about how the church practices mind control, and demands we only read from approved sources, and punishes us when we deviate from it's plan for our brains. 

https://askgramps.org/resemblance-god-give-glory-individuality/

and

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2017/04/songs-sung-and-unsung?lang=eng

Edited by zil

Guest MormonGator
7 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Oh I agree that the anti-Mormon conspiracies about this committee don't make sense at all. The church allows all sorts of people in, even those who :: gasp :: can think for ourselves, have distinct personalities and don't fit the stereotypes of what a "normal" LDS might be like. The church doesn't get credit for it's diversity, but you can have people like @Vort in, and you can have people like @LiterateParakeet in (using their names because of the contrast in their views). We have people with dark/dry senses of humor, we have people who are crabby and don't have senses of humor-people who work blue collar jobs, people who work white collar jobs. We truly are diverse. 

Never once have I been spoken to by my bishop or anyone else about what I post on Facebook or my blog-and I post some PG-13 things for sure. So I agree @NeuroTypical-the conspiracies that the antis babbles about do not make sense. 

Edited by MormonGator

8 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

The church allows all sorts of people in, even those who :: gasp :: can think for ourselves, have distinct personalities and don't fit the stereotypes of what a "normal" LDS might be like...

hmm.... I'm not. quite. following...

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

hmm.... I'm not. quite. following...

If the church had a committee that spent hours monitoring/censoring/excommunicating people just for having dissenting or unorthodox views, we'd be up to our eyeballs in excommunicated members. I know of many LDS who think for themselves. Therefore, the anti-LDS view that this committee excommunicates free thinkers is not valid. 

Edited by MormonGator

2 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

If the church had a committee that spent hours monitoring/censoring/excommunicating people just for having dissenting or unorthodox views, we'd be up to our eyeballs in excommunicated members. I know of many LDS who think for themselves. Therefore, the anti-LDS view that this committee excommunicates free thinkers is not valid. 

I was joking.

But yes.  I often wonder why people talk about "getting someone out" of the Church, like it's some kind of prison.  Really?  Does anyone realize just how easy it is to go inactive?  Does anyone realize just how easy it is to resign from the Church?  It's really easy to get excommunicated too.

What exactly is a "free thinker" anyway?  Isn't this a God-given trait of every human being?  How is that taken away?  In my mind the only way to take it away is to convince someone that they have no choice.  Isn't one of the fundamental principles of the Gospel that we have free agency?  How is that even compatible with telling someone that they have no choice?

Where on earth is there any logic to support their propaganda?  I guess it wouldn't be propaganda then.

17 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

And you'll find very little else, because (I'm guessing) in reality, it's kind of boring.  Like an Elders Quorum presidency meeting where they discuss the spiritual needs of various members.

I'd say 50-90% of any thing gotten is actually sent in by various members themselves in reports on things they find alarming or that might be working against the Church.  The fact that 99% of that stuff is probably not utilized speaks volumes (in my opinion) on how much the Committee actually does anything in regards to situations that do not involved polygamy, polygamists sneaking into the temple to get married to more wives, and other such varied actions in that regard.

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2018 at 11:04 PM, Sunday21 said:

Blessed be the Wicked by Bartley

I never realized how completely nuts you have to be to hate us! This is a detective novel that is set in Utah and is anti. It tries so hard to find reasons to hate us. The idea is that the church has declared that there are ‘unforgivable’ sins. Well, yes. There is one but no  one I have ever met, understands it!

Okay, back to the plot: So as some sins are unforgivable, this is so nuts, you have to kill the sinner! Can anyone follow that logic? I can’t!

Next: Apparently we have a committee that monitors all the communications including emails of suspected apostates. That would have to be a huge committee! 

I picked this book up with no suspicions and it just started in on this lunacy! 

I have to keep reading and find out how we are these cold hearted murders! 

I have a concept for a possible novel and reality film and semi-reality science fiction film series set partly in Utah where your state goes all out to defend the USA Constitution that is hanging by a thread..... as an attempt is made on the value of the USA petrodollar.  It is set in 2012 - 2019...in an alternate time line.... in which the George Soros voting machines are not used in the 2012 USA election. 

"4.3 trillion USA petrodollars in the hands of China, Iran, George Soros, Europe and to a degree plutocrats in Russia who could potentially be persuaded to make an all out attack on the value of the USA dollar.

Thirty five trillion.... the valuation placed on oil and natural gas reserves in the warming Arctic that interest both Russia as well as China.

One hundred and seventeen trillion..... The number of DERIVATIVES created by less than brilliant.... and less than entirely altruistic people who have a great deal of control over Wall Street."

If you know a Latter day Saint author interested...  I can give them legal rights to quote me to their hearts content for one dollar just to make it legal.  

"Proposed Republic of Western Canada and Unified Field Theory of M.W.P."

M. W. P. = Modern World Problems

When I first saw the following image about a week ago I was somewhat shocked......
but I also began to think how perhaps the proposed Republic of Western Canada can fit into
a number of really serious problems confronting the USA first and foremost, but certainly Canada and the whole world will be greatly affected by what sure looks to me like an impending financial crisis that could turn out to be far worse than what happened in 2008 if it is not handled with wisdom and intelligence?

47126102_256372188392581_660842627007198

Edited by DennisTate
add comment

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

Throw in a kissing scene, and maybe some zombies or something, and I'll watch it!

Where's the action sequences?  We need Jason Statham in there with some slick moves and blasting some 1911s from 500 feet at a dime sized target.

On 1/10/2019 at 12:00 PM, NeuroTypical said:

Throw in a kissing scene, and maybe some zombies or something, and I'll watch it!

How about a theory on a latter day metaphorical Cyrus and Darius combination?

Yair Davidiy is an Orthodox Jew.... not a Christian... but he has written an article that could be highly relevant to Latter day Saints......

http://www.britam.org/messiah.html

Since the founding of the State of Israel in 1948 the USA has often helped protect the State of Israel from destruction. The USA has not however really helped Israel expand her borders. On the contrary the USA has often forced Israel to give up territories it had liberated and to constrict her borders, but maybe that will change. Maybe the USA and Britain will help Israel expand her borders in the future as the MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH is supposed to do. Ingathers the Exiles “Kol HaTor” says [2.40] “His [i.e. Joseph’s] bow abode in strength” (Genesis 49;24). This should be an important principle for us. We have to stand obstinately strong in the holy work of gathering in the exiles which is the task of the first redeemer [i.e. of  the MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH]. Purifies the Land of Israel “Kol HaTor” says [2.41] “And Joseph was governor over the land” (Genesis 42;6). This means he will overcome all the forces of impurity. This is one of the great tasks of the First Redeemer [of the MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH]: to extirpate the spirit of impurity from the country by means of settling the Holy Land. When the Holy Land is not settled [with Israelites] a spirit of impurity settles over it.  [When the Holy Land is settled with Israelites the Land becomes pure]. Joshua ben Nun Was a Forerunner “Kol HaTor” says [2.44] 

The First Redeemer [MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH] fights against Amalek with total warfare…[he fights against the forces of anti-Semitism]. This was the task of Joshua ben Nun who was [a forerunner and ancestor of] the Messiah Son of Joseph. Aroused by Elijah “Kol HaTor” says [2.71] “Behold I will send you my prophet Elijah…and he will return the hearts of the fathers to their sons” (Malachi 4). One of the tasks of Elijah is to arouse the spirit of the MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH. Comment:

[Malachi 4:5] BEHOLD, I WILL SEND YOU ELIJAH THE PROPHET BEFORE THE COMING OF THE GREAT AND DREADFUL DAY OF THE LORD: [Malachi 4:6] AND HE SHALL TURN THE HEART OF THE FATHERS TO THE CHILDREN, AND THE HEART OF THE CHILDREN TO THEIR FATHERS, LEST I COME AND SMITE THE EARTH WITH A CURSE.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:40 PM, Carborendum said:

Where's the action sequences?  We need Jason Statham in there with some slick moves and blasting some 1911s from 500 feet at a dime sized target.

Jason Statham is perfect for the role of the guy quoted in posts # 8 and 9:

(A....A.... preferred Chris Hemsworth..... but we cannot turn down Jason if we can get him)!

http://www.politicalforum.com/index.php?threads/proposed-republic-of-western-canada-and-unified-field-theory-of-m-w-p.548225/

• 2 weeks later...

Or.... could he expand his range as an actor and play out a role somewhat like.........

You're not buying that idea are you?

You may find this kind of interesting....... no kidding.....