Faithful vs Less Faithful

Grunt

18 minutes ago, clbent04 said:

Or we’ve just outright acknowledged we both have made snarky comments.

The only thing I acknowledge I've done wrong in this thread is misunderstanding what @Carborendum meant when he said "Depends on what you mean". 

If you're going to read things into everything I say then I cannot help that. You're the one claiming we need to "
consider what others posted more thoughtfully".

You're not considering what I say thoughtfully. You're approaching it, in the first place, with your guard up and a chip on your shoulder. When I say, "As for me and my house..." and you ridiculously presume that means I'm calling you a follower of Satan...I'm at a loss.

You're going to have to figure this one out on your own. I'm not taking responsibility for your shortcomings.

17 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

The only thing I acknowledge I've done wrong in this thread

I was talking about your snarky comments you’ve admitted you made in other threads.

What you post in other threads affects how people fill in the blank for things you leave unsaid. 

I already said thanks for clarifying my misunderstanding on your “as for me and my house” reference. So why are you still talking about it?

53 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

I, for one, believe this to be an example being set by the Savior of obedience.  I don't believe for a second that Jesus had any desire to skip out on the atonement and leave us all doomed. This wasn't "counselling". This was Christ setting an example of obedience.

Do you believe that God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten son, but that His only begotten son didn't so love the world quite as much?

I agree that this is an example of the Savior being obedient to the will of His Father. I also think that the Saviour's comment suggests a degree of concern about what was about to happen and perhaps a desire for an alternative approach. 

7 minutes ago, clbent04 said:

I was talking about your snarky comments you’ve admitted you made in other threads.

My experience with you tells me that it doesn't matter whether I've been "snarky" or not. You're going to take pretty much everything I say wrong, and then, of course, put the blame on me. Kind of puts me into a no-win situation with you.

16 minutes ago, clbent04 said:

So why are you still talking about it?

It's what I do.

3 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

I agree that this is an example of the Savior being obedient to the will of His Father. I also think that the Saviour's comment suggests a degree of concern about what was about to happen and perhaps a desire for an alternative approach. 

And do you not believe that the Father also had the same desire for an alternative approach were it possible?

• pam unfeatured this topic