It’s Time to Get Creative Like Henry B. Eyring

One of the best things we inherited from our Heavenly Father is the desire and ability to be creative. It is a way for us to grow spiritually and develop our talents. Our own President Henry B. Eyring is a great example of how rewarding it is to embrace creativity. He has decades of journals that document his memories and impressions of God's influence in his life. And though he has had little formal training, President Eyring has painted multiple beautiful watercolors that demonstrate his gratitude and love for family and friends. "My motivation in all of my varied creative work seems to have been a feeling of love. . . . I felt the love of a Creator who expects His children to become like Him—to create and to build." - President Eyring Kathy and Elizabeth, a watercolor by Henry B. Eyring (via history.lds.org) Some of President Eyring's journals and watercolors are available to view at a Church History Museum exhibition titled "A Visual Journal: The Artwork of Henry B. Eyring" that's running...

View the full article