So, in New Jersey, teachers are required to tell their students

Vort

12 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

When I went to college everyone knew I wasn't a SJW. I did fine, and my BA is in English, which is what some think is an industry flooded with left wingers. In fairness, the only two professors who made their politics known were liberal, but they were also among the most fair when it came to grades. 

Ok, color me dense - what in the heck does SJW stand for? And PLEASE, please @MormonGator will you stop with all the abbreviations in your posts - 95% of them I cannot understand, consequently I skip 90% of your posts.

Thank you in advance, Iggy

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Iggy said:

Ok, color me dense - what in the heck does SJW stand for? And PLEASE, please @MormonGator will you stop with all the abbreviations in your posts - 95% of them I cannot understand, consequently I skip 90% of your posts.

Social Justice Warrior = SJW

Will do @Iggy

3 minutes ago, Iggy said:

And since the VP is such a VIP, we need the MPs to keep the VC from making him MIA.  Then we'll all be (apparently I'm not allowed to use the following initialism).

@Carborendum, another example with my 2nd son:

And this is even a No-Big-Deal in the scheme of things.  My son has PE before his language arts class.  The teacher made a rule that they can't have plain water in the classroom because it spills and ruins paper.  These kids are in 8th grade and every appeal my son made about the water and his responsibility was rejected by the teacher because she said she doesn't trust my child.  There were other rules that he disagreed with as well as the penchant for the teacher to yell at students and give the entire class a detention for a few children's misbehavior.  My son took it as a moral offense and he decided he'd rather fail the class than follow the rules of the class.  He went all the way to the county district office with his complaints.  And he told them that he will purposely fail the State Assessments in language arts because he will not contribute anything to the teacher's bonus.  Not even the threat of not being accepted into High School could change his mind.  So, I went ahead and enrolled him in another county school system accredited class to guarantee that he doesn't end up with gaps in his language learning.  He took the full school year in 3 months while continuing to attend regular class and got 100% in every single work and test.  The school couldn't afford a black mark on their graduation rate and school rating so they finally allowed to do a record's replacement of his alternative language arts grade over his big fat F school grade as long as he passes the State Assessments.  My son agreed to this arrangement and he went on to ace the State Assessments too guaranteeing his placement in the college prep High School's IB program.

That kid has a will so strong I don't need to worry about him being able to stand on his principles regardless of whether he decides to fight battles or let things go.

Edited by anatess2

51 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

And since the VP is such a VIP, we need the MPs to keep the VC from making him MIA.  Then we'll all be (apparently I'm not allowed to use the following initialism).

Where or where is the thumbs down emoji?  🖕 what is this one?????  Oh, here it is 👎, this needs to be in the react bar.

3 minutes ago, Iggy said:

You get :annoyed:  :animatedthumbsdown: also.

Harsh, but fair.

NPC = Nonplayer Character.  In roleplaying games, (video games as well as tabletop style) an NPC is a character that has no independent thought or motive, and is controlled entirely by an algorithm (in the case of a video game) or by the Game Master (like on a tabletop game such as Dungeons & Dragons).  

So the trend recently is to compare the more irrational portion of the leftist community to NPCs, because they give the impression of being told what to think, rather than thinking for themselves.   

In discussing school with my children I counseled them that tests should be understood as a means to verify that you know what you were taught, not as a declaration that you believe everything you were taught is true.

In fact if  there were answers to test questions that a student found particularly troublesome I don’t think it would be inappropriate for them to answer with what they were taught and add a hand written post script at the end of the exam saying the answers herein reflect what I was taught but not in all cases what I believe to be true.

Edited by let’s roll

2 hours ago, let’s roll said:

but not in all cases what I believe to be true.

And in the future, writing such a statement may be grounds for failing the class or sending them to a re-education center.

Guest MormonGator
14 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

And in the future, writing such a statement may be grounds for failing the class or sending them to a re-education center.

I love you bro, but  you need to cut back listening to Alex Jones. 

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Carborendum said:

But. But. But... He's my twin brother.

We're not talking about cold turkey-just cut back from 40 hours a week to 35. Than 30. Than 25. Than 20. 

You do that, I'll start going to church again. 😉

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

We're not talking about cold turkey-just cut back from 40 hours a week to 35. Than 30. Than 25. Than 20. 

You do that, I'll start going to church again. 😉

1666401084_ChowYun-fatBiographyProfilePhotosBirthdayHeightAgeWallpapers.jpg.89ad275882e0154c1854be1efc3af6c6.jpgalex-jones-what.jpg.6f0b417fe9b3894824ffbb395173f3d5.jpg

Even our mother can't tell us apart.

13 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Like I said.  Wait 50 years.

The Monty Python movie "The Life of Brian" has a scene where a character (played by Eric Idle) claims its his "right as a man" to "be a woman" and to "have babies". His friends quickly point out that this is impossible, but he responds that he still wants the "right" to have them.

Forty years ago when that movie was made, this scene was funny for its sheer lunacy. Today the same thing would be said quite seriously.

P.S. I found the very scene on YouTube:

Edited by Jamie123

17 hours ago, Iggy said:

From some of the things in this thread I think it means that as I am a Historian, but as such work at a University and am thus part of the evil overlord cast of Teachers, Professors, and Scholarly pursuits...

SJW = JohnsonJones

Or something like that.

:elvis:

PS: Only said it (with some humor) as @MormonGator already explained the real abbreviation for what it stands for.

Edited by JohnsonJones

2 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

From some of the things in this thread I think it means that as I am a Historian, but as such work at a University and am thus part of the evil overlord cast of Teachers, Professors, and Scholarly pursuits...

SJW = JohnsonJones

Or something like that.

:elvis:

PS: Only said it (with some humor) as @MormonGator already explained the real abbreviation for what it stands for.

Why oh why can were not select more than one reaction emoji??? @JohnsonJones your post nearly made me spit my Pero out all over my keyboard! Thanks for my very first chuckle this cold [to me it is cold @ 39 degrees] this morning. 😁