Men's Garments

Wendy

So my husband is a fireman whose uniform are cotton pants.  He is not supposed to wear any nylon materials as they will melt easier than cotton.  He has so much problems with them riding up his legs and wadding up in his "Crotch"  it causes chaffing and irritation.  I was wondering if there are any wives or firemen out there that can help us with the kind and fit that they have found works for them.  It seems that they do it under all his pants to the point he hates to wear them.

43 minutes ago, Wendy said:

So my husband is a fireman whose uniform are cotton pants.  He is not supposed to wear any nylon materials as they will melt easier than cotton.  He has so much problems with them riding up his legs and wadding up in his "Crotch"  it causes chaffing and irritation.  I was wondering if there are any wives or firemen out there that can help us with the kind and fit that they have found works for them.  It seems that they do it under all his pants to the point he hates to wear them.

They make cotton garments.

Have you already tried a whole bunch of styles.  Just buy one of each and try them out, they are pretty reasonable price wise.

Also the new stretch cotton garments are on the way for men (I hope).

https://store.lds.org/GarmentsChangesView?krypto=%2BKxsmeqNKwflGr2qvdk8InIQ0PIN8PNz4q2PWF7zbfxVAgz8aPUk1mBebg%2B97UH534Eet4fUzosusA856b5UEdWKIILH68fac5rCPZ8IQbXG8pA904zUnyyutwlNaPFNr74XScSN9FHTS5aI2FXWhkrUZ93D5rFTS4NuvIyIQFEMDHrJOIM64NgsGJ5%2FJH%2Fi9Wm1nTygjVlOnt%2Bw14fzSw%3D%3D&ddkey=https%3ASetCurrencyPreference

https://www.lds.org/church/news/church-discontinuing-more-garment-styles-to-accommodate-improved-products-fabrics?lang=eng

https://store.lds.org/wcsimages/LDSCAS/products/000/FabricFeatureGuide_000.pdf

I think I get the 100% cotton rib knit.  Im wear size 34 jeans but get 32 in the briefs.  Makes them less likely to bunch up.

And if all else fails, you can make your own...  They are not blessed or any other way magically produced.

Edited by mikbone

Yeah, prior to modern days everyone made their own garments...

If you have been through the temple you should know how to make them...

Garments have gone through many changes.  The original set were made of animal skins.  

emma made the first modern day sets.  Full length with red trim...

I purchase mine for convience and comfort.

Edited by mikbone

3 hours ago, mikbone said:

And if all else fails, you can make your own...

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

You can???

No.  Not any more.

21.1.42 Temple Clothing and Garments

...Members may make their own temple aprons only if they use the approved apron embroidery and sewing kit that is available through Church Distribution Services. Other temple ceremonial clothing may not be made. Nor may temple garments be made.

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2018 at 9:18 AM, Wendy said:

I'm not a fireman.  I work in oil & gas.  We also have the same recommendation whenever we are in-plant (no polyester or nylon, only cotton). 

I do two things for this particular issue.  And they may or may not work for a fireman.

1) Gold Bond Powder.  Prevents chafing and reduces some riding.
2) I wear my underpants rather low on the hips.  To give you an estimation -- if my pants didn't cover them, you'd be telling me,"Say no to crack." :) 

By wearing the pants low, the riding up does something different.  I'm not going into detail on this forum.  He'll have to try it to understand.

If it works for him, great.  If not, I hope he figures something out.