The Next World Order and Social Justice

2ndRateMind

13 minutes ago, boxer said:

If my interpretation of your world-view is wrong. Please explain to me how.

I can't. It would take too much space, but it may become clearer as we continue the discussion.

I don't say blacks are under-represented-you did.

Just so. And provided a statistic chosen at random to demonstrate that.

I'm interested why you are so fixated on skin color.

I'm not fixated on skin colour. For the purposes of this thread, I'm fixated on social justice. (The clue is in the title). But race, like sex, sexuality and age, is one of the demarcation lines of society, and if some minority group is excluded from privilege, I want to know why? And how is that justified?

Best wishes, 2RM.

1 minute ago, 2ndRateMind said:

I'm not fixated on skin colour. For the purposes of this thread, I'm fixated on social justice.

You are the one who brought up skin color-not me. Right social justice of which a major component is skin color-i.e. you are fixated on skin color.

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, boxer said:

Depends on what you goal is.

Just judging from your posts, I'm 100% certain that you are a master of getting along with people. You could teach all of us how to do that , for sure. 

3 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Just judging from your posts, I'm 100% certain that you are a master of getting along with people. You could teach all of us how to do that , for sure. 

Nah, better yet, since you are really judgmental-why don't you teach me oh great master. Please, I yearn to bask in the light of your enhanced light and knowledge. It is so bright I must shield my eyes from one so great as you.

Edited by boxer

Guest MormonGator

Nah, better yet, since you are really judgmental-why don't you teach me oh great master.

I charge 85$ an hour for personality improvement classes. But with you sweetheart, I sense the student isn't really open to learning.

1 minute ago, MormonGator said:

I charge 85$ an hour for personality improvement classes. But with you sweetheart, I sense the student isn't really open to learning.

I'm always open to learning-teach me . . .oh you want $85 . . .nah I'll pass.  But thank you oh great one for offering.

4 minutes ago, boxer said:

So it's a privilege to be a CEO-it's something that is gifted to you.  It has nothing to do with competence, just with it being given to you?

You haven't answered my question about the reason for the under-representation. You seem to be implying though, that there are only three African American CEOs of fortune 500 companies because African Americans generally just aren't competent. Is that what you mean? And if you do, do you think that is because of the nature of African Americans, or their nurture?

Best wishes, 2RM.

@2ndRateMind

Since you are fixed on race and minority groups, you do realize that in the United States white babies are now the minority?

https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2016/07/01/484325664/babies-of-color-are-now-the-majority-census-says

In another 20-30 years, whites will be in the minority.  I wonder (since you are so fixated on race) if you will be so willing to fight for social justice on behalf of whites in 30 years?

Just now, 2ndRateMind said:

You haven't answered my question about the reason for the under-representation. You seem to be implying though, that there are only three African American CEOs of fortune 500 companies because African Americans generally just aren't competent. Is that what you mean? And if you do, do you think that is because of the nature of African Americans, or their nurture?

Best wishes, 2RM.

I don't look at people based on skin color-that's something only racists do.  Only 500 people out of a total population of 300+ million get the "privilege" of being a CEO of a Fortune 500 company.  I don't think it is anything remotely representative of anything-I just think there are 500 people who freaking kicked the butt of all the other people who wanted to be CEOs.

Maybe you should read their individual stories rather than look at their skin color.

@2ndRateMind

Since you are fixed on race and minority groups, you do realize that in the United States white babies are now the minority?

https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2016/07/01/484325664/babies-of-color-are-now-the-majority-census-says

In another 20-30 years, whites will be in the minority.  I wonder (since you are so fixated on race) if you will be so willing to fight for social justice on behalf of whites in 30 years?

I will oppose any social injustice, anywhere, anytime.

Now, will you answer my question?

Best wishes, 2RM.

24 minutes ago, boxer said:

I don't look at people based on skin color-that's something only racists do.  Only 500 people out of a total population of 300+ million get the "privilege" of being a CEO of a Fortune 500 company.  I don't think it is anything remotely representative of anything-I just think there are 500 people who freaking kicked the butt of all the other people who wanted to be CEOs.

Maybe you should read their individual stories rather than look at their skin color.

Hmmm. I rather think that if the situation were reversed, and only 3 Caucasians were CEOs of fortune 500s, you would be kicking up a stink all round. And, it may surprise you to learn, were that to be the case, I would endorse that stink whole-heartedly. But it isn't. So I don't.

Best wishes, 2RM.

PS. Oh, and by the way, that's me done for the night. But by all means talk amongst yourselves. Sweet dreams!

Edited by 2ndRateMind

2 minutes ago, 2ndRateMind said:

Hmmm. I rather think that if the situation were reversed, and only 3 Caucasians were CEOs of fortune 500s, you would be kicking up a stink all round. And, it may surprise you to learn, were that to be the case, I would endorse your position whole-heartedly. But it isn't. And I don't.

Best wishes, 2RM.

PS. Oh, and by the way, that's me done for the night. But by all means talk amongst yourselves. Sweet dreams!

I breathlessly await the strong righteous protest of our social injustice warrior to the NBA regarding the gross underrepresentation of white athletes on NBA rosters (he then can move on to the NFL). 😀.

And remind me what, other than perceived power, worldly recognition, and embarrassing salaries makes being the CEO of Fortune 500 a desirable position?

1 hour ago, 2ndRateMind said:

Hmmm. I rather think that if the situation were reversed, and only 3 Caucasians were CEOs of fortune 500s, you would be kicking up a stink all round. And, it may surprise you to learn, were that to be the case, I would endorse that stink whole-heartedly. But it isn't. So I don't.

Best wishes, 2RM.

No I wouldn't raise a stink and neither would you.

On 12/15/2018 at 12:33 PM, 2ndRateMind said:

Best wishes, 2RM.

Disraeli said there are lies, damned lies and Statistics. 

You seem to to be stumbling into the statistics category with your assumptions. 

But pretty good trolling. This has done seven pages!

Edited by mrmarklin

On 12/15/2018 at 1:33 PM, 2ndRateMind said:

So, anyone know how many Latter-day saints are CEOs of fortune 500 companies?  Should we be kicking up a stink?  

On 12/15/2018 at 1:33 PM, 2ndRateMind said:

Hmmm. I rather think that if the situation were reversed, and only 3 Caucasians were CEOs of fortune 500s, you would be kicking up a stink all round.

Not if caucasians had developed a subculture that a) scorned the type of behaviors it tends to take to become the CEO of a Fortune 500 company; b) glorified the sorts of behaviors that tend to make one’s personal life a train wreck, thereby making professional stability and success in any field much harder to come by; and c) had succumbed en masse to the thrall of a destructive economic ideology that says there shouldn’t even be such a thing as a Fortune 500 company. 

Edited by Just_A_Guy

3 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

So, anyone know how many Latter-day saints are CEOs of fortune 500 companies?  Should we be kicking up a stink?  

Well, percentage wise, Latter-day Saints make up a far lower percentage of the world population than most of the minorities we think about.  We make up around .2% I think, so that would equal around....maybe ONE by percentages??? (Huntsman has been in the 200s of the F500, so probably that one may have Mormons)

However, there are probably a higher representation than that, at least on the boards if not with CEOs.

Edited by JohnsonJones

On 12/15/2018 at 12:36 PM, 2ndRateMind said:

Even if true, and it may be, why do you think it is that African Americans are less qualified for those CEO positions? 

Best wishes, 2RM.

I would attribute it in part to the breakdown of black families, which is the result of well-intended, but dysfunctional big government programs.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/work-and-marriage-the-way-to-end-poverty-and-welfare/

Another reason is similar to why there is a disparity in the number of women CEO's as compared to men--i.e. women and blacks tend to disproportionately prefer social and public service as well as sports and entertainment occupations over business administration, accounting, and the like: https://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat11.htm

However, perhaps the most pertinent, though politically incorrect reason, is that there are disproportionately less blacks as well as Hispanics and even most whites (non-=Asians and non-Jews) on the extreme end of the high IQ spectrum--an assest that key to heading large and complex organization, as well as those who are driven to put in massive hours each week at the job. (see HERE and HERE and HERE

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Edited by wenglund

Guest MormonGator
5 minutes ago, wenglund said:

I would attribute it in part to the breakdown of black families, which is the result of well-intended, but dysfunctional big government programs.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/work-and-marriage-the-way-to-end-poverty-and-welfare/

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

And lets remember, Brookings is not a member of vast right wing conspiracy. In fact, it's fairly liberal!