Why We Need to Learn to Have Christlike Communication

At the beginning of my mission, I think my least favorite part of missionary service was during the weekly planning session I would hold with my companion, specifically step number 13—companionship inventory. Preach My Gospel tells missionaries to "discuss any challenges that may be keeping your companionship from working in unity or from being obedient. Resolve conflicts." I struggled to communicate the things I wanted them to improve upon. Instead of seeing this as an opportunity for both of us to improve and become more unified, I would become incredibly guilty because I saw it as the time where I had to critique my companions. No matter how I worded it, I felt like I was telling them, "You know what, you stink at *this*, so could you please step it up and change yourself so I don't have to deal with this problem anymore?" So why do we need to learn to communicate? In a world where we become increasingly more attached to life in the digital realm, we may tend...

View the full article