Top 10: Countries Impossible to Conquer?

Just my opinion, but geographic barriers provide very little insulation against cyber-attack.  There's some pretty legitimately terrifying scenarios in all that.  20 years ago, the US was able to develop viruses that could target Iran's centrifuges (them, specifically, those ones) and cause them to spin in ways that destroyed them.  To think how far our ability to do that kind of thing has come in the past 2 decades.....

i have read it's not at all uncommon to find little sleeper viruses lurking in the systems of many our public utilities.  The amount of havoc they could wreak is almost beyond belief.  

And it doesn't help that all the governments (especially the US) engineer all sorts of backdoors into almost anything produced in their country.  

And beyond the more overt stuff, Russia has done a pretty good job of sewing discord here in the US - turning us against one another.  In a way, that is just as destructive.  It destroys our relationships rather than our infrastructure.  Didn't have to fire a single shot.  

5 minutes ago, lostinwater said:

And beyond the more overt stuff, Russia has done a pretty good job of sewing discord here in the US - turning us against one another.

I think Obama pretty effectively dismissed that nonsense as the Cold War mentality that it is. People who warn of Russian interference and threats deserve to be mocked and scorned.

2 minutes ago, Vort said:

I think Obama pretty effectively dismissed that nonsense as the Cold War mentality that it is. People who warn of Russian interference and threats deserve to be mocked and scorned.

Well, it's not very often i find myself on the conspiracy side of a conspiracy theory :) .

i don't think Trump is a Russian plant, or that they hacked into our voting system and pushed him over the edge in Wisconsin or Florida - or anything like that.

But, i do think that Russia has gone out of their way to try and sew discord within the US, generally.  And Trump is just so good at that himself (good or bad, depending on how you see it), that they perhaps rode the coat-tails of the political sentiments associated with him.

And all this said, i think the US does exactly the same thing in every other country we have the ability to do so in.  

5 minutes ago, lostinwater said:

i don't think Trump is a Russian plant, or that they hacked into our voting system and pushed him over the edge in Wisconsin or Florida - or anything like that.

Of course, that paranoid fool Romney didn't accuse Russia of this. Rather, he had the temerity to identify Russia, not Al Qaeda, as the US's biggest geopolitical foe.

Funny to have seen even the Clinton News Network backpedaling on the issue. The rule is clear: If it advances the Democrat Party cause, it's allowable. Mercilessly mocking Romney was okay, because Obama won, truth be damned.