Xavier

6 minutes ago, Rob Osborn said:

David committed the unpardonable sin. Not only did he fall from his exaltation, he is left without the salvation of his soul and in hell he shall reap his reward.

The revelations disagree with your assessment.

4 hours ago, Vort said:

I'm beating a sleeping horse? Or maybe that's a saddled dog that I'm not letting lie?

I think the horse needs to be hooves up with flies buzzing around it.

The real question is not whether the horse is dead or not but to which kingdom it will go after the resurrection. 

2 hours ago, Vort said:

I personally do not find a photograph of Neapolitan ice cream sufficiently convincing evidence to persuade me that the celestial kingdom does or can consist of three levels.

I disagree. The fact that the three flavours lay next to each other, in a horizontal arrangement clearly suggests that in the celestial kingdom, there are three separate but equal conditions contained within the one boundary. If neopolitan ice cream was intended to be a symbolic representation of the three degrees of glory, then the flavours would be stacked one on top of the other in a vertical arrangement with the darker stuff on the bottom and the lighter stuff on top. Truth can be more fully discerned when we properly study the details. :) 

23 hours ago, Jersey Boy said:

Spiritual death and the second death are, simultaneously, two related but significantly different things. The following is one of the Book of Mormon’s explanations as to what is meant by the term second death. After reading Alma’s explanation of the second death, ask yourself if it sounds like Alma is accurately describing the saved condition of the inhabitants of the post-resurrection Terrestrial or Telestial kingdoms of glory?

16 And now behold, I say unto you then cometh a death, even a second death, which is a spiritual death; then is a time that whosoever dieth in his sins, as to a temporal death, shall also die a spiritual death; yea, he shall die as to things pertaining unto righteousness.

17 Then is the time when their torments shall be as a lake of fire and brimstone, whose flame ascendeth up forever and ever; and then is the time that they shall be chained down to an everlasting destruction, according to the power and captivity of Satan, he having subjected them according to his will.

18 Then, I say unto you, they shall be as though there had been noredemption made; for they cannot be redeemed according to God’s justice; and they cannot die, seeing there is no more corruption. (Alma 12)

Alright, although @The Folk Prophet provided ample information, let's go back to the basics. There were ONLY two deaths which occurred at the time of the Fall (not three, not four, not five) - two deaths.

These deaths are Physical (First) Death -- which we all die, and the other is Spiritual (second) death -- which we are no longer in the presence of the Father. There are no other deaths as a result of the Fall. If you can provide any scripture, or quote from a prophet where they provide more than two deaths that occurred, then you have a point; otherwise, as I shared with Rob -- it is not "scripture" which is in debate, it is your understanding (your interpretation) that is in debate.

Spiritual death (also referred to as second death) is being separated from the presence of the Father, and those who do not enjoy the same life He enjoys and lives. In other words, they did not receive the "fullness" of the Father. Here is a quote that may not have been read so carefully:

"He also makes possible redemption from the second death, which is the spiritual death, which is separation from the presence of our Heavenly Father. This redemption can come only to those who are clean, for no unclean thing can dwell in the presence of God."

Notice the statement, "redemption from second death, which is spiritual death, which is separation from the presence of our Heavenly Father." Also notice the scripture @The Folk Prophet provided, "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

This scripture explains that murderers, fearful, whoremongers, and liars (nothing is mentioned about denying the Holy Spirt -- which are the sons of perdition) and they partake of second death.

The verses you provide with "ONLY" speak of the sons of perdition. We have two verses of scripture that specify only the sons of perdition have second death, and we have scripture that specifies people who are of a Telestial countenance (who receive a Telestial glory) receive "the second death."

So, if I take your words, your interpretation at face value, I have to omit the other verse of scripture. Sorry, not going to happen.

The scriptures are accurate. The sons of perdition, who deny the Holy Spirit, are the "only" individuals who receive a full measure of the second death -- spiritual death -- for they are out of the presence of the Father and they have no kingdom of glory.

Those in the Telestial kingdom: liars, murders, adulterers, etc.. also receive a second (spiritual) death as they are separated from God the Father.

Once you can provide any scripture or quote from the prophets that say more than two deaths come from the Fall, then you have a point. Other than that, you are picking a scripture while ignoring all other teachings on this subject. Similar to a Protestant Christian who says God is a Spirit (he doesn't have a body of flesh and bone), and they will show you that verse and expect you to believe their interpretation of scripture.

2 hours ago, Vort said:

The revelations disagree with your assessment.

David committed the unpardonable sin. Unpardonable sins fall in this category-

32 They are they who are the sons of perdition, of whom I say that it had been better for them never to have been born;
            33 For they are vessels of wrath, doomed to suffer the wrath of God, with the devil and his angels in eternity;
            34 Concerning whom I have said there is no forgiveness in this world nor in the world to come-.(D&C 76:42-34)

27 The blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, which shall not be forgiven in the world nor out of the world, is in that ye commit murder wherein ye shed innocent blood, and assent unto my death, after ye have received my new and everlasting covenant, saith the Lord God; and he that abideth not this law can in nowise enter into my glory, but shall be damned, saith the Lord.

39 David’s wives and concubines were given unto him of me, by the hand of Nathan, my servant, and others of the prophets who had the keys of this power; and in none of these things did he sin against me save in the case of Uriah and his wife; and, therefore he hath fallen from his exaltation, and received his portion; and he shall not inherit them out of the world, for I gave them unto another, saith the Lord. (D&C 132:27,39)

The "portion" spoken of in reference to David's punishment is revealed as-

90 And in his hot displeasure, and in his fierce anger, in his time, will cut off those wicked, unfaithful, and unjust stewards, and appoint them their portion among hypocrites, and unbelievers;
            91 Even in outer darkness, where there is weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth.(D&C 101:90-91)

1 hour ago, Anddenex said:

Alright, although @The Folk Prophet provided ample information, let's go back to the basics. There were ONLY two deaths which occurred at the time of the Fall (not three, not four, not five) - two deaths.

These deaths are Physical (First) Death -- which we all die, and the other is Spiritual (second) death -- which we are no longer in the presence of the Father. There are no other deaths as a result of the Fall. If you can provide any scripture, or quote from a prophet where they provide more than two deaths that occurred, then you have a point; otherwise, as I shared with Rob -- it is not "scripture" which is in debate, it is your understanding (your interpretation) that is in debate.

Spiritual death (also referred to as second death) is being separated from the presence of the Father, and those who do not enjoy the same life He enjoys and lives. In other words, they did not receive the "fullness" of the Father. Here is a quote that may not have been read so carefully:

Notice the statement, "redemption from second death, which is spiritual death, which is separation from the presence of our Heavenly Father." Also notice the scripture @The Folk Prophet provided, "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

This scripture explains that murderers, fearful, whoremongers, and liars (nothing is mentioned about denying the Holy Spirt -- which are the sons of perdition) and they partake of second death.

The verses you provide with "ONLY" speak of the sons of perdition. We have two verses of scripture that specify only the sons of perdition have second death, and we have scripture that specifies people who are of a Telestial countenance (who receive a Telestial glory) receive "the second death."

So, if I take your words, your interpretation at face value, I have to omit the other verse of scripture. Sorry, not going to happen.

The scriptures are accurate. The sons of perdition, who deny the Holy Spirit, are the "only" individuals who receive a full measure of the second death -- spiritual death -- for they are out of the presence of the Father and they have no kingdom of glory.

Those in the Telestial kingdom: liars, murders, adulterers, etc.. also receive a second (spiritual) death as they are separated from God the Father.

Once you can provide any scripture or quote from the prophets that say more than two deaths come from the Fall, then you have a point. Other than that, you are picking a scripture while ignoring all other teachings on this subject. Similar to a Protestant Christian who says God is a Spirit (he doesn't have a body of flesh and bone), and they will show you that verse and expect you to believe their interpretation of scripture.

The Book of Mormon is the most clear on defining The "second death". The first death is spiritual death. This spiritual death comes upon all who enter mortality and sin. They remain in this state until they repent and are born again (made alive) to the Spirit. If the die without repentance they remain in this first spiritual death until the time of their repentance or resurrection. The resurrection and day of judgment redeems all souls from this first spiritual death. If one remains filthy still then they are cast into the second death-

16 Yea, behold, this death bringeth to pass the resurrection, and redeemeth all mankind from the first death—that spiritual death; for all mankind, by the fall of Adam being cut off from the presence of the Lord, are considered as dead, both as to things temporal and to things spiritual.
            17 But behold, the resurrection of Christ redeemeth mankind, yea, even all mankind, and bringeth them back into the presence of the Lord.
            18 Yea, and it bringeth to pass the condition of repentance, that whosoever repenteth the same is not hewn down and cast into the fire; but whosoever repenteth not is hewn down and cast into the fire; and there cometh upon them again a spiritual death, yea, a second death, for they are cut off again as to things pertaining to righteousness. (Helaman 14:26-18)

Hope that clears things up. The second death comes after resurrection and judgment, not before.

From the Bible dictionary:

Death 

"Two kinds of death are spoken of in the scriptures. One is the death of the body, which is caused by the separation of the body from the spirit; “The body without the spirit is dead” (James 2:26). The other is spiritual death, which is to die as pertaining to, or to be separated from, righteousness—to be alienated from the things of God (Alma 12:16, 32; 40:26). Both of these deaths were introduced into the world by the Fall of Adam. But death is also the consequence of our own sins. We make our own spiritual death by our works, our thoughts, and our actions. As Paul said, “The wages of sin is death” (Rom. 6:23), and some are “dead” while they live (1 Tim. 5:6).

In explaining these things, Jacob called the physical death the grave and spiritual death he called hell. The Atonement of Jesus Christ will bring all persons back into the presence of God to be judged, the body coming forth from the grave and uniting with the spirit released from paradise or from hell (as the case may be). This will restore all mankind to the presence of God. This is the same as Paul spoke: “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive” (1 Cor. 15:21–23). Then those who have willfully rebelled against the light and truth of the gospel will suffer again a spiritual death, which is called the second death (Rev. 20:14; Alma 12:16–18; Hel. 14:16–19; D&C 76:36–37). Each person suffers only one physical death, since when once resurrected, the body can die no more (Alma 11:42–45).

Latter-day revelation teaches that there was no death on this earth before the Fall of Adam. Indeed, death entered the world as a direct result of the Fall (2 Ne. 2:22; Moses 6:48)." 

57 minutes ago, Rob Osborn said:

The Book of Mormon is the most clear on defining The "second death". The first death is spiritual death. This spiritual death comes upon all who enter mortality and sin. They remain in this state until they repent and are born again (made alive) to the Spirit. If the die without repentance they remain in this first spiritual death until the time of their repentance or resurrection. The resurrection and day of judgment redeems all souls from this first spiritual death. If one remains filthy still then they are cast into the second death-

16 Yea, behold, this death bringeth to pass the resurrection, and redeemeth all mankind from the first death—that spiritual death; for all mankind, by the fall of Adam being cut off from the presence of the Lord, are considered as dead, both as to things temporal and to things spiritual.
            17 But behold, the resurrection of Christ redeemeth mankind, yea, even all mankind, and bringeth them back into the presence of the Lord.
            18 Yea, and it bringeth to pass the condition of repentance, that whosoever repenteth the same is not hewn down and cast into the fire; but whosoever repenteth not is hewn down and cast into the fire; and there cometh upon them again a spiritual death, yea, a second death, for they are cut off again as to things pertaining to righteousness. (Helaman 14:26-18)

Hope that clears things up. The second death comes after resurrection and judgment, not before.

I agree the Book of Mormon is clear, but I don't see it agreeing with spiritual death being the first death. Here is scripture from the Book of Mormon relating to second death and spiritual death:

And now behold, I say unto you then cometh a death, even a second death, which is a spiritual death; then is a time that whosoever dieth in his sins, as to a temporal death, shall also die a spiritual death; yea, he shall die as to things pertaining unto righteousness. (Alma 12:16 emphasis mine)

I would say @Colirio clears it up even more though.

Just now, Anddenex said:

I agree the Book of Mormon is clear, but I don't see it agreeing with spiritual death being the first death. Here is scripture from the Book of Mormon relating to second death and spiritual death:

I would say @Colirio clears it up even more though.

Continue reading, but read the preceding verses. It speaks of being resurrected and coming forth to judgment and it is after this the second death comes.

11 minutes ago, Rob Osborn said:

Continue reading, but read the preceding verses. It speaks of being resurrected and coming forth to judgment and it is after this the second death comes.

I am not sure how I need to read any further when I read this, "even a second death, which is a spiritual death; " It appears pretty clear spiritual death is second death, and second death is spiritual death.

It would be similar to reading a book, a book that uses a name known to be used for male or female and the book says, "Tracy, which is a man..." And then someone says read further you will find out Tracy is actually a female. OK.

Just now, Anddenex said:

I am not sure how I need to read any further when I read this, "even a second death, which is a spiritual death; " It appears pretty clear spiritual death is second death, and second death is spiritual death.

It would be similar to reading a book, a book that uses a name known to be used for male or female and the book says, "Tracy, which is a man..." And then someone says read further you will find out Tracy is actually a female. OK.

Yes, the second death is a spiritual death. So is the first a spiritual death.

55 minutes ago, Anddenex said:

It’s very simple. The second death is the most dreadful and severe manifestation of spiritual death because, unlike less severe conditions of spiritual death, it’s constituted by a total, complete and irrevocable withdrawal of the Spirit of the Lord, with no hope of redemption nor any degree of glory. This should be a very easy concept to understand

Edited by Jersey Boy

55 minutes ago, Jersey Boy said:

It’s very simple. The second death is the most dreadful and severe manifestation of spiritual death because, unlike less severe conditions of spiritual death, it’s constituted by a total, complete and irrevocable withdrawal of the Spirit of the Lord, with no hope of redemption nor any degree of glory. This should be a very easy concept to understand

The bolded statement is true, which is why I am having a hard time understanding why you are having a hard time understanding what was shared which you said I was in error?

You said I am in error and then actually provide witness of how I am correct, "second death is the most dreadful and severe manifestation of spiritual death." Well, duh, I specified this.

I think you have worse reading comprehension then I do, and that is pretty bad.

Previously you were saying you weren't talking about spiritual death you were talking about second death, now you are saying second death is the most severe manifestation of spiritual death. Make up your mind on this easy concept to understand.

33 minutes ago, Rob Osborn said:

The son's of perdition are the only ones who suffer any part of the second death.

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

These aren't sons of perdition above, and yet they have part with the second death, unless of course you believe all these people mentioned have denied the Holy Spirit.

22 minutes ago, Anddenex said:

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

These aren't sons of perdition above, and yet they have part with the second death, unless of course you believe all these people mentioned have denied the Holy Spirit.

In the end all people will fall into one of two categories- either son's of God or sons of perdition. Those who fail to repent by the great last day of judgment which comes at the end of the millennium will become sons of perdition. Son's of perdition is another way of saying children of the devil.

21 I say unto you, ye will know at that day that ye cannot be saved; for there can no man be saved except his garments are washed white; yea, his garments must be purified until they are cleansed from all stain, through the blood of him of whom it has been spoken by our fathers, who should come to redeem his people from their sins.
            22 And now I ask of you, my brethren, how will any of you feel, if ye shall stand before the bar of God, having your garments stained with blood and all manner of filthiness? Behold, what will these things testify against you?
            23 Behold will they not testify that ye are murderers, yea, and also that ye are guilty of all manner of wickedness?
            24 Behold, my brethren, do ye suppose that such an one can have a place to sit down in the kingdom of God, with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob, and also all the holy prophets, whose garments are cleansed and are spotless, pure and white?
            25 I say unto you, Nay; except ye make our Creator a liar from the beginning, or suppose that he is a liar from the beginning, ye cannot suppose that such can have place in the kingdom of heaven; but they shall be cast out for they are the children of the kingdom of the devil. (Alma 5:21-25)

33 minutes ago, Rob Osborn said:

In the end all people will fall into one of two categories- either son's of God or sons of perdition. Those who fail to repent by the great last day of judgment which comes at the end of the millennium will become sons of perdition. Son's of perdition is another way of saying children of the devil.

21 I say unto you, ye will know at that day that ye cannot be saved; for there can no man be saved except his garments are washed white; yea, his garments must be purified until they are cleansed from all stain, through the blood of him of whom it has been spoken by our fathers, who should come to redeem his people from their sins.
            22 And now I ask of you, my brethren, how will any of you feel, if ye shall stand before the bar of God, having your garments stained with blood and all manner of filthiness? Behold, what will these things testify against you?
            23 Behold will they not testify that ye are murderers, yea, and also that ye are guilty of all manner of wickedness?
            24 Behold, my brethren, do ye suppose that such an one can have a place to sit down in the kingdom of God, with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob, and also all the holy prophets, whose garments are cleansed and are spotless, pure and white?
            25 I say unto you, Nay; except ye make our Creator a liar from the beginning, or suppose that he is a liar from the beginning, ye cannot suppose that such can have place in the kingdom of heaven; but they shall be cast out for they are the children of the kingdom of the devil. (Alma 5:21-25)

Which doesn't agree with the following scripture (emphasis mine):

81 And again, we saw the glory of the telestial, which glory is that of the lesser, even as the glory of the stars differs from that of the glory of the moon in the firmament.

82 These are they who received not the gospel of Christ, neither the testimony of Jesus.

83 These are they who deny not the Holy Spirit.

84 These are they who are thrust down to hell.

85 These are they who shall not be redeemed from the devil until the last resurrection, until the Lord, even Christ the Lamb, shall have finished his work.

86 These are they who receive not of his fulness in the eternal world, but of the Holy Spirit through the ministration of the terrestrial;

87 And the terrestrial through the ministration of the celestial.

88 And also the telestial receive it of the administering of angels who are appointed to minister for them, or who are appointed to be ministering spirits for them; for they shall be heirs of salvation.

89 And thus we saw, in the heavenly vision, the glory of the telestial, which surpasses all understanding;

90 And no man knows it except him to whom God has revealed it.

Then again, for one who doesn't follow scripture regarding Telestial and Terrerstrial Kingdom's, I am not sure how you are defining son's of God.

7 hours ago, Anddenex said:

Which doesn't agree with the following scripture (emphasis mine):

81 And again, we saw the glory of the telestial, which glory is that of the lesser, even as the glory of the stars differs from that of the glory of the moon in the firmament.

82 These are they who received not the gospel of Christ, neither the testimony of Jesus.

83 These are they who deny not the Holy Spirit.

84 These are they who are thrust down to hell.

85 These are they who shall not be redeemed from the devil until the last resurrection, until the Lord, even Christ the Lamb, shall have finished his work.

86 These are they who receive not of his fulness in the eternal world, but of the Holy Spirit through the ministration of the terrestrial;

87 And the terrestrial through the ministration of the celestial.

88 And also the telestial receive it of the administering of angels who are appointed to minister for them, or who are appointed to be ministering spirits for them; for they shall be heirs of salvation.

89 And thus we saw, in the heavenly vision, the glory of the telestial, which surpasses all understanding;

90 And no man knows it except him to whom God has revealed it.

Then again, for one who doesn't follow scripture regarding Telestial and Terrerstrial Kingdom's, I am not sure how you are defining son's of God.

In the end all people will either be made free because they have been born again becoming son's and daughters unto God or remain in chains having not repented choosing instead Satan as their head or father. Every soul will have the full opportunity to know Jesus Christ and his mission. Those who utterly refuse and choose not to repent will not be forced into heaven but will go into hell and the devil shall be their father. The designation of "father" and "children's at judgment signifies the head figure and those who follow after such head. 

There is a basic error in our doctrine where we teach that the unrepentant (never repent and be baptized) can have place in heaven as long as they pay the penalty themselves. That's a vain and foolish doctrine. The scriptures are very specific that one must repent and become a son of God through repentance and baptism to be saved. The unbelievers, liars, sorcers, murderers, etc, are those who do not repent because they are still called that at judgment. They are "filthy still". They choose Satan as their head and as such they become children to the devil.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. (1 John 3:10)

1 hour ago, Rob Osborn said:

In the end all people will either be made free because they have been born again becoming son's and daughters unto God or remain in chains having not repented choosing instead Satan as their head or father. Every soul will have the full opportunity to know Jesus Christ and his mission. Those who utterly refuse and choose not to repent will not be forced into heaven but will go into hell and the devil shall be their father. The designation of "father" and "children's at judgment signifies the head figure and those who follow after such head. 

There is a basic error in our doctrine where we teach that the unrepentant (never repent and be baptized) can have place in heaven as long as they pay the penalty themselves. That's a vain and foolish doctrine. The scriptures are very specific that one must repent and become a son of God through repentance and baptism to be saved. The unbelievers, liars, sorcers, murderers, etc, are those who do not repent because they are still called that at judgment. They are "filthy still". They choose Satan as their head and as such they become children to the devil.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. (1 John 3:10)

This belief more coincides with Protestant Christianity, not the restored Church -- the dichotomy of Heaven/Hell. The scriptures are clear of a Telestial state (kingdom/glory), Terrestrial state (kingdom/glory), Celestial state(kingdom/glory/exaltation), and of course Outer Darkness (sons of perdition). The scriptures also are clear as to who the sons of perdition are -- those that deny the Holy Spirit.

The scriptures are clear that these liars and others (Telestial state), "These are they who deny not the Holy Spirit," therefore cannot be sons of perdition (Outer Darkness, No glory -- Hell). So I am not following your understanding. I have never heard in the Church the unrepentant can have place in heaven (referring to where God dwells). I have heard that people are able to repent and change kingdoms, which I do not see evidence of in scriptures.

I have read the following, shared previously, "These are they who are thrust down to hell. These are they who shall not be redeemed from the devil until the last resurrection, until the Lord, even Christ the Lamb, shall have finished his work."

So, honestly I am not following the dichotomy presented, as it appears more Protestant Christianity rather than the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 minute ago, Anddenex said:

This belief more coincides with Protestant Christianity, not the restored Church -- the dichotomy of Heaven/Hell. The scriptures are clear of a Telestial state (kingdom/glory), Terrestrial state (kingdom/glory), Celestial state(kingdom/glory/exaltation), and of course Outer Darkness (sons of perdition). The scriptures also are clear as to who the sons of perdition are -- those that deny the Holy Spirit.

The scriptures are clear that these liars and others (Telestial state), "These are they who deny not the Holy Spirit," therefore cannot be sons of perdition (Outer Darkness, No glory -- Hell). So I am not following your understanding. I have never heard in the Church the unrepentant can have place in heaven (referring to where God dwells). I have heard that people are able to repent and change kingdoms, which I do not see evidence of in scriptures.

I have read the following, shared previously, "These are they who are thrust down to hell. These are they who shall not be redeemed from the devil until the last resurrection, until the Lord, even Christ the Lamb, shall have finished his work."

So, honestly I am not following the dichotomy presented, as it appears more Protestant Christianity rather than the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

This is what I was getting at before dealing with the very core principles of Christ's gospel as found in the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon. One must understand the lay out of the principles of the gospel as found in the Book of Mormon, otherwise contradictions and paradoxes arise. 

Whether we like to admit or not, the Book of Mormon which contains Christ's gospel, very much is a Protestant heaven or hell dichotomy. Look at these verses-

25 And the Lord said unto me: Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters;
            26 And thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God.
            27 I say unto you, unless this be the case, they must be cast off; and this I know, because I was like to be cast off. (Mosiah 27:25-27)

This is a paraphrase of the very Lord speaking. We either become righteous and born again becoming his sons and daughters or we are cast off. The casting off is in reference to the great last day of judgment which is pronounced upon the devil and his angels. 

26 But, behold, verily I say unto you, before the earth shall pass away, Michael, mine archangel, shall sound his trump, and then shall all the dead awake, for their graves shall be opened, and they shall come forth—yea, even all.
            27 And the righteous shall be gathered on my right hand unto eternal life; and the wicked on my left hand will I be ashamed to own before the Father;
            28 Wherefore I will say unto them—Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. (D&C 29:26-28)

• pam unfeatured this topic