Xavier

4 hours ago, GaleG said:

So in the pre-earth life we were gods if we were spiritual children of a God?

Thank you,

Gale

Got to zoom out to the bigger picture here to address this--

Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints don't believe in aliens.   Which sounds like a "uh no duh" statement when I say it, but we're actually an anomaly across broader Christiandom in believing that all sentient life is one "species" (can't find a better word there).  Versus other groups that will have God being one species, men be another, angels be several others, demons and devils be several others, etc.

In the LDS view, what makes God God is not the "species" He is, but rather His Goodness, Grace, Mercy, Justice, etc.  We are His children, but we are not God because we do not have those things.  

I think you are correct. The doctrine of single, covenant keeping woman and men, that qualify for exaltation could be viewed in light of this scripture....

DC 132:43 And if her husband be with another woman, and he was under a vow, he hath broken his vow and hath committed adultery. 44 And if she hath not committed adultery, but is innocent and hath not broken her vow, and she knoweth it, and I reveal it unto you, my servant Joseph, then shall you have power, by the power of my Holy Priesthood, to take her and give her unto him that hath not committed adultery but hath been faithful; for he shall be made ruler over man.

The fact that God takes a woman from a man already married and gives her to another because he was not sufficiently faithful, may also mean that God gives sufficiently faithful single women the same opportunity, as in, given to a faithful man in the resurrection.

I believe God wants nothing less than exaltation for all his children, which requires being sealed to a spouse. So he will do what he can to make that happen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 9:34 PM, Aaddaamm said:

The fact that God takes a woman from a man already married and gives her to another because he was not sufficiently faithful, may also mean that God gives sufficiently faithful single women the same opportunity, as in, given to a faithful man in the resurrection.

I believe God wants nothing less than exaltation for all his children, which requires being sealed to a spouse. So he will do what he can to make that happen.

However, agency is still paramount. I know worthy, righteous women who do not want to be married to men with multiple wives. Elohim will not force them...

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, Xavier said:

However, agency is still paramount. I know worthy, righteous women who do not want to be married to men with multiple wives. Elohim will not force them...

Great point. 

On 2/19/2019 at 8:45 AM, Xavier said:

Hey will not force them. But if they choose to their pride over marriage, they will be denied the blessings of exaltation.

10 hours ago, Aaddaamm said:

Hey will not force them. But if they choose to their pride over marriage, they will be denied the blessings of exaltation.

I agree. I think there will be a lot of people ok with that. Why would God provide "three levels/degrees" within the celestial kingdom? Not everyone will exalted. Which is the point to my original question. 

• pam unfeatured this topic