Sacrament renew our covenants

Jane_Doe

1 The manner of their elders and priests administering the flesh and blood of Christ unto the church; and they administered it to the commandments of Christ; wherefore we know the manner to be true; and the elder or priest did minister it—

2 And they did kneel down with the church, and pray to the Father in the name of Christ, saying:

3 O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread to the souls of all those who partake of it; that they may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him, and keep his commandments which he hath given them, that they may always have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.

From Moroni Chapter 4 and also from Moroni Chapter 5

1 The manner of administering the wine—Behold, they took the cup, and said:

2 O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee, in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this wine to the souls of all those who drink of it, that they may do it in remembrance of the blood of thy Son, which was shed for them; that they may witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they do always remember him, that they may have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.

So we make the promises to remember the name of the Son, as well as the Son and the blood of the Son (which I think is synonymous with the atonement). We also promise to keep his commandments.

In return we may always have his Spirit to be with us.  The Spirit cleans and cleanses us from Sin, and will only stay with holy/clean vessels.

I'm thinking you were looking for something else though, so I'm thinking I did not answer what you were asking. 

Adding this

What covenants did I make at Baptism from LDS.org

When we were baptized, we entered into a covenant with God. We promised to take upon ourselves the name of Jesus Christ, always remember Him, keep His commandments, and serve Him to the end. We renew this covenant each time we partake of the sacrament.

If you follow the link there are many more scriptures listed there.

Edited by JohnsonJones

Mosiah 18:8–10D&C 20:37 (The commitments we make when we are baptized)

from

https://www.lds.org/youth/learn/yw/ordinances-covenants/baptism?lang=eng&_r=1

But also:

“Elder Dallin H. Oaks has explained that in renewing our baptismal covenants by partaking of the emblems of the sacrament, “we do not witness that we take upon us the name of Jesus Christ. [Rather], we witness that we are willing to do so. (See D&C 20:77.) The fact that we only witness to our willingness suggests that something else must happen before we actually take that sacred name upon us in the [ultimate and] most important sense” (“Taking upon Us the Name of Jesus Christ,” Ensign, May 1985, 81). The baptismal covenant clearly contemplates a future event or events and looks forward to the temple.”

David A Bednar - Honorably Hold a Name and Standing, April 2009

Edited by mikbone