Trying to search the Family Search records...

Kirsten D

Hello,

I am not an LDS member and I would LOVE to search these records on Family Search:

Kirchenbuch, 1631-1900.

HÜRBEN: Tauf-, Toten-, Heiratsindex 1784-1893

KRUMBACH UND HÜRBEN: Familienbücher 18.-19. Jahr.

(found by searching the Catalogy by place: Germany, Bayern, Krumbach (BA. Krumbach.)

I would like to search these records for the family name DeCortin, but I am unable to access them. When I click on the church records, I receive the error message "To view these images you must do one of the following: Sign in to Familysearch.org as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

I have visited my local family history center, the New England Historic Genealogical Society and even accessing familysearch.org from their computers, I still cannot access these records. I've tried asking my library to see if I could get the microfilm for those records through interlibrary loan and unfortunately, the only library that has it is  the Family History Library in Utah, and they do not circulate their microfilm anymore. They have digitized it but they do not make it available to anyone outside of LDS members. Is there any way at all I can access these records without becoming a member of the church, or that someone can search these records for me? I feel like I've exhausted every avenue possible and I'm not sure what the next step is. Thank you so much in advance for any assistance you can provide me!

Did you call FamilySearch? 1-866-406-1830  Be at your computer so that they can then help you.

If you have and they say only LDS members can access it, then any LDS member who does so to give you that information is violating their covenants. That would be like an endowed member giving their temple recommend to a neighbor so that neighbor can get into the temple to eat in the cafeteria. It. Just. Isn't. Done.

First - welcome! What I suggest is going to the link below to ask your question. Just tell them what you've told us and someone there should be able to help or point you in the right direction. 

https://community.familysearch.org/s/group/0F93A000000LfVLSA0/family-history-research

Edited by Manners Matter