How do

myapk

Hello!

My name is Mya. I'm an LDS Christian. I've been RS teacher in my YSA for four years, recently Activities co-chair because Heavenly Father hates me Heavenly Father gave me the opportunity to grow as a person. 😑 I get fast answers to prayers, I'm an official Bible nerd (my Biblical Hebrew is rusty, though), I practice Atonement-based energy work, and I am the picture definition of introvert. Joined IDK how long ago, posting now because I need advice on stuff (so go check out that post and give me good advice).

I welcome any questions you may have about me or Bible nerdom or beating one's head against the wall for accepting callings because the Spirit said to, I welcome them. From the safety of my solitary bedroom.

(BTW, anyone know how to stop being the crazy cat lady? Ten is too many for being 20-something. It bodes poorly for my future.)

On 12/23/2018 at 10:35 PM, myapk said:

Hello!

My name is Mya. I'm an LDS Christian.

Hiya Mya!  Welcome!

I've been RS teacher in my YSA for four years, recently Activities co-chair because Heavenly Father hates me Heavenly Father gave me the opportunity to grow as a person.

Hmm... I thought they got rid of that calling long time ago.  I used to be Activities Chair and that was my favorite calling!  I only had to work 6 times a year and I get to just enjoy Sunday meetings and I don't have to do mid-week things!  I'm very very good with making project plans and assigning names to each task on the project and all I have to do is follow-up with everybody to make sure they're all good to go.  Super easy stuff!  The only hard part is trying to figure out how to make a fun activity with only a $50 budget.

(BTW, anyone know how to stop being the crazy cat lady? Ten is too many for being 20-something. It bodes poorly for my future.)

Get a dog.  ;)

On 12/27/2018 at 9:27 AM, anatess2 said:

I thought they got rid of that calling long time ago.

I think they did for most wards, but YSA still has it. Or maybe it's just YSA in the boonies that still has it. You seem far luckier than I; my role seems to be panning out quite busily so far. I'm not sure of all of the specifics so far, but it oversees the after-church potlucks (called "Linger Longers" in our area), all of the FHE activities and any other ward activities — firesides, camp nights, graduate barbecues... I also assume if there's any coordination required for stake YSA activities (holiday parties, dances, stake firesides), I'd get to help out with that. With luck, the committee will help out, because I'm not sure I can handle it just by myself! 😬

13 minutes ago, myapk said:

I think they did for most wards, but YSA still has it. Or maybe it's just YSA in the boonies that still has it. You seem far luckier than I; my role seems to be panning out quite busily so far. I'm not sure of all of the specifics so far, but it oversees the after-church potlucks (called "Linger Longers" in our area), all of the FHE activities and any other ward activities — firesides, camp nights, graduate barbecues... I also assume if there's any coordination required for stake YSA activities (holiday parties, dances, stake firesides), I'd get to help out with that. With luck, the committee will help out, because I'm not sure I can handle it just by myself! 😬

It is God's way for us to bear one another's burdens ;)  Don't feel bad asking someone (especially a committee member) to help out!