New Year's Resolutions

unixknight

I prefer to call them "goals" instead of "resolutions," anyway.  And, as soon as I'm done here, I'm off to that weight loss group.  I'm the heaviest I've ever been and would like not to be.  I tend to gain weight when I'm depressed, which I was most of 2018.  Things are looking as up as they can be (I took all my Vitamins today, so that helps) and I signed up for curling, which is good physical activity.  Or at least more physical activity than I get walking around the office and the house every couple of hours.  Once our basement is finished and I can make enough space, I'm going to start doing yoga/pilates/tai chi to improve my flexibility/strength.  I'm too busty to be comfortable with high impact exercise.

Other goals of mine are hard to pin down right now.  I think I'm going to try and journal/blog more, at least once a week, as practice and to hone my writing skills a bit.  I have an urge to be a published author someday, and that can't happen until I write something!

On 12/31/2018 at 4:28 PM, MormonGator said:

My New Years resolution is to become more abrasive, unfriendly and unpleasant. You know, like @Vort

I thought you had already reached the pinnacle and now you think you can go further?  My hats off to you for the lofty goal.

I didn't have any resolutions at the beginning of the year, but I did make some goals shortly after when I found out my wife had had an emotional affair.

I set out to get my relationship with her fixed by doing the following.

1) get fit  -  result  dropped 100lbs

2) walk the dog every day - was good for about 6 months..

3) be conscientiously  kind to her everyday.  I believe we only had 2 minor fights last year.  95% accomplished

4) Do 30 additional minutes of house work everyday.  did really well on this.

5) Daily prayer and scripture study.  50%.

6) Spend quality time with her every day  - 95% accomplished.

I tracked this on a secret excel file.  And that really helped me keep focused.

Things really improved between her and me.  We got further to go.  She still believes in the twin flame stuff and is not coming to church.  I had a strong feeling that is going to take 5 or more years and to be patient and be committed.

This year, I plan on doing essentially the same, but I am going to focus more on the spiritual.

Guest MormonGator
20 minutes ago, Lost Boy said:

I thought you had already reached the pinnacle and now you think you can go further?  My hats off to you for the lofty goal.

That's awesome. lol. 

Well, seems a good thread.  Not a resolution, but I'll join in on the weight loss group.

I could do with losing some poundage.  I'll try to lose a few Kilograms (I'll set the goal at 10 Kg ~ 23 pounds, maybe more than that) this year.  I should hit the university gym more, it's free to staff (and faculty) and I have a lot of free time on some days so really, there is no excuse not to be going to it more often and longer than I presently do.