More Changes to Come in 2019

Kidney58

3 hours ago, askandanswer said:

by early Sunday morning at the latest, everyone will be caring about what happens in LDS temples. 

And if everyone cares by Sunday morning, then by Monday afternoon there will be mass protests and lawsuits over the discrimination against atheists and LGBTQEIEIO.

@Rob Osborn @BJ64 @MormonGator and anyone else.

If someone tells me anything in confidence, I understand and respect what it means to hold something in confidence.  I work with many companies and often I am asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement.   My point is that if we agree to hold anything in confidence - Honest people of integrity will always keep a confidence.  Even when what was asked to be kept confidence is "public" knowledge.  But more than keeping a confidence - things that are sacred should be "kept" sacred; especially and most noticeably by those that believe them to be sacred.  

The Traveler

3 hours ago, Traveler said:

If someone tells me anything in confidence, I understand and respect what it means to hold something in confidence.  I work with many companies and often I am asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement.   My point is that if we agree to hold anything in confidence - Honest people of integrity will always keep a confidence.  Even when what was asked to be kept confidence is "public" knowledge.  But more than keeping a confidence - things that are sacred should be "kept" sacred; especially and most noticeably by those that believe them to be sacred.  

The Traveler

In due respect, I highly regard the temple as sacred. I further believe that we can speak of the work to some degree we do in the temple and still keep it sacred. 

Edited by Rob Osborn

Guest MormonGator
3 hours ago, Traveler said:

The Traveler

Trav, I never said we should talk about it. What I said, and what I stand by 100%, is that most people who aren't members aren't interested in what goes on in the temple. 

5 hours ago, Traveler said:

The Traveler

Can you point out where I have not kept sacred that which is sacred?  

On 1/10/2019 at 2:19 PM, BJ64 said:

“Your endowment is, to receive all those ordinances in the house of the Lord, which are necessary for you, after you have departed this life, to enable you to walk back to the presence of the Father, passing the angels who stand as sentinels, being enabled to give them the key words, the signs and tokens, pertaining to the holy Priesthood, and gain your eternal exaltation in spite of earth and hell”

How cool is this? It just gives me the chills. 

On 1/10/2019 at 12:48 AM, BJ64 said:

No, there were thirty of us meeting in the high council room, sitting around the table in the middle of the room and lining the walls of the room. Basically a circle within a circle. Ten had beards. There were 23 with beards in sacrament meeting but some go to the primary, some to the young men and then there’s those who just sit in the foyer or leave after sacrament meeting. 

A member of our bishopric has a beard, the ward clerk and two assistant clerks have beards. Two members of the elders quorum presidency have beards and a member of the Sunday school presidency has a beard. 

Three bearded men teach Sunday school and four teach primary. Our ward family history consultant who is also a school district superintendent also has a beard.

We have a lot of brothers with beards. The majority of our ward are professors, doctoral, and med & dental students - all which lend themselves to beards, especially at the end of the term and studying wins out over shaving.