Church cancels BOM videos?

Luke

Does anyone know what is going on with the BOM videos that were supposed to be released in Sept?

First the church announced the BOM videos would be released in Sep 2018, then Fall 2018....It is now Jan 9, 2019 and I haven't heard anything.  I sent an email through lds.org on Dec 22 but no response...which is odd in itself as I have always gotten a prompt response to all of my queries through lds.org.  I'm suspecting no news is bad news and that the new church leadership has either decided to cancel the project or do some major re-work of these videos....or perhaps the videos turned out so good they are going to do a nationwide cinematic release?!  The suspense is killing me.

Someone in the know, please throw me a bone.

5 hours ago, Luke said:

Does anyone know what is going on with the BOM videos that were supposed to be released in Sept?

First the church announced the BOM videos would be released in Sep 2018, then Fall 2018....It is now Jan 9, 2019 and I haven't heard anything.  I sent an email through lds.org on Dec 22 but no response...which is odd in itself as I have always gotten a prompt response to all of my queries through lds.org.  I'm suspecting no news is bad news and that the new church leadership has either decided to cancel the project or do some major re-work of these videos....or perhaps the videos turned out so good they are going to do a nationwide cinematic release?!  The suspense is killing me.

Someone in the know, please throw me a bone.

After seeing this I would not be surprised if it has gone back to the drawing board. I don't think there were that many European people in the middle east in 600 BC. I also think the acting looks really bad. But, that is just my opinion.

I haven’t heard anything about canceling it. And I imagine the church would announce its cancelation.

My only fear is that their actor portrayals fail to live up to the artist interpretation we are so use to seeing in the church manuals.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:41 PM, Fether said:

I haven’t heard anything about canceling it. And I imagine the church would announce its cancelation.

My only fear is that their actor portrayals fail to live up to the artist interpretation we are so use to seeing in the church manuals.

I just hope they are of the same quality of the Bible videos.