The 3 Most Common Life Regrets Show Us What’s Really Important

I should have said something. I should have said nothing. Why did I do that? Why didn’t I do that? I should have chosen differently. If any of these cutting thoughts sound familiar, well... welcome to humanity. Sometimes these regrets center around the bad things we’ve done. And other times they’re simply tied to missed opportunities that can add up to something significant. Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf once told the story of a nurse who cared for those with terminal illnesses. Upon being asked what they would have changed about their lives, many patients gave similar answers. These answers can be condensed into three big regrets we can all definitely learn from: 1. "I wish I had spent more time with the people I love." Our world seems to be moving at a faster and faster pace. Weirdly enough, I know plenty of people, myself included, who sometimes view their busyness as a “badge of honor,” as Elder Uchtdorf puts it. In the hustle and bustle of modern life, we have...

View the full article