How to Stop Gossiping When It’s REALLY Fun

After hours spent devouring J-14, Tiger Beat, and Teen People, there was one thing my 12-year-old self could say with absolute certainty: gossiping was fun. Could you BELIEVE J-Lo's outfit that week? And did you hear that TV's beloved "newlyweds" Jessica and Nick broke up? (I'm still not over that, by the way.) Being in the know and having all the latest information was thrilling, and I loved it. I was an avid participator in "Who Wore it Best" polls, a "Compare People" (does anyone else remember this absolutely horrific app?!) addict, and a serial magazine-at-the-check-out-line browser. I'll be truthful: I still have a weakness for pop culture. I still like to be in the know. Honestly, I'm still probably a little nosy! But I learned pretty early on, thankfully, that gossip hurts — and that there is always someone (even if it's someone who is seemingly untouchable, like a celebrity) on the other side of every rumor, jab, and hushed whisper. What Counts as Gossip, Anyway? I think the Wikipedia definition of...

View the full article