Obituatry

Wow!  Shocking News (for me).  A friend of mine apparently died a couple years ago.  He was 77 years old.  I didn't even know about it.  We had kept in touch over the years.  But he just stopped communicating a couple years ago.  I figured he got busy because he was head of an international corporation.  I had no idea he was dead.

Feelin' it.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, MormonGator said:

Sorry for your loss bro. That's a tough way to learn about it too. 😞

Yup. 

My friend's name was Kaspar Kasparian (RIP).  I guess it's ok to state his name now that he has passed on.  He was the Armenian friend that I had mentioned a few years back when the topic of the Armenian Genocide came up.  I told the story of how his father was the survivor of the genocide.

He was a very talented engineer and businessman.  I used to think I was smart until I met him.  He was also a dedicated Christian who was devoted to God and family.  He served in whatever capacity he could.  He gave to many charities.  He served in volunteer organizations and worked in various service projects.  He always made time for family and friends.

I never told him I was a Latter-day Saint.  I now wish I had.  I wish we could have had more talks about Christ and the Bible... and even the Book of Mormon.  I wish I could have been more a part of his life.  I wish he could have influenced me more.  I wish I could have influenced him more.

This is the first time I have truly felt a big regret over NOT having done something that I knew I should have.

I'll miss him.

Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Yeah, I've got a few of those regrets.  They've motivated me to do some things specifically to make sure they don't turn into regrets.

Amen. 

Seriously, you are in my prayers tonight @Carborendum. Don't let the regret chew you up too much.