Here’s How “Home-Centered” Gospel Teaching Can Come Out a Success: in GIFs

The recent emphasis on gospel teaching at home has many parents plagued with flashbacks of failed FHE nights. It always sounds good on paper (or in the lesson manual), but putting things into practice can be quite the feat. Here are five common obstacles to having a successful family learning time and how to overcome them: Different Age Groups Having a family lesson with lots of different age groups can be compared to...herding cats. Let's face it—most families do not have a typical Primary or Sunday School class age span of a mere 12 months. You could have anything from toddlers to teens present for your home-taught gospel lessons. This range of ages definitely keeps you on your toes. My biggest piece of advice is to prepare in advance. While prayer and personal study is the number one way for parents to prepare, we also need to do everything within our power acquire teaching tools that we can use during the lesson. Some of these tools might include short inspirational videos, coloring pages,...

View the full article

I recommend sitting at your table. Prepare like you are preparing a lesson for a church class. Use videos, tell stories,  draw picture. Have your kids teach parts. 

I have had many family home evening lessons crash and burn. So far the 3 weeks have been 10 x better. Spirit is stronger. I fasted and have prayed much for success. Some kids struggle during lessons and it seems to rotate through kids but it’s been a huge blessing to our family. 

Edited by e-eye