Who is your Favourite Dave McCave?

Jamie123

We all know about Mrs. McCave who had 23 sons and named them all Dave. And yes, there were exactly 23 of them. I counted. Here, listed in order, are the names their mum wished she'd called them:

1.      Bodkin Van Horn

2.      Hoos-Foos

3.      Snimm

4.      Hot-Shot

5.      Sunny Jim

6.      Shadrack

7.      Blinkey

8.      Stuffy

9.      Stinkey

10.  Putt-Putt

11.  Moon Face

12.  Marvin O'Gravel Balloon Face

13.  Ziggy

14.  Soggy Muff

15.  Buffalo Bill

16.  Biffalo Buff

17.  Sneepy

18.  Weepy Weed

19.  Paris Garters

20.  Harris Tweed

21.  Sir Michael Carmichael Zutt

22.  Oliver Boliver Butt

23.  Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

So who is your favourite Dave McCave? Dave #23 comes in a close second, but nothing beats Dave #12. If I ever change my name, that's what I'll be. I'll even get it printed on my drivers license. Just imagine being pulled over by a cop:

Officer: Name?

Me: Marvin O'Gravel Balloon Face

Officer: No jokes, buster!

Me: No jokes officer! Here's my license!

Officer: OK, Mr.....Balloon Face, do you know how fast you were...

Me: You can call me Dave if you want!

(Sigh...another day over...time to go home to wifey...)

Yay Dr. Seuss!  There's a (possibly not apocryphal) story about his younger years when he tried to draw nudes, but "I could never get their knees to bend right."  Regardless, I owe him big, because of his doctrate-level thesis on the restored gospel understanding of the doctrine of agency, which I read to my daughters at an early age:

Edited by NeuroTypical

13 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Yay Dr. Seuss!  There's a (possibly not apocryphal) story about his younger years when he tried to draw nudes, but "I could never get their knees to bend right."  Regardless, I owe him big, because of his doctrate-level thesis on the restored gospel understanding of the doctrine of agency, which I read to my daughters at an early age:

Dr. Seuss did start studying for a doctorate at Lincoln College Oxford, though he never completed it. I believe he did eventually get several honorary doctorates though, finally justifying the title he had assumed at high school!

I once met a guy who went to Lincoln College Oxford. He told me that it had only 3 claims to fame (unlike the really famous colleges of Oxford who boast great writers, prime ministers and scientists galore). These are:

1. John Wesley, founder of the Methodist Movement. (Not the Methodist Church - that didn't start till after his death.)

2. His brother Charles Wesley, who wrote all those great hymns like "And Can it Be" and "Lo! He Comes with Clouds Descending..." Wonderful stuff! (I don't know if they're in the LDS hymn book but you must know them nevertheless.)

3. Dr. Seuss

Edited by Jamie123

This reminded me of my favorite childrens author H. A. Ray of Curious George.  He was also an amateur astronomist.  And a genius.  He wrote and illistrated a book about the constellations and drew reasonable pictures that actually represent the stars

AE98DE3C-6F31-46F5-9404-C11D3A9B4B1A.jpeg.f3fa76c7ac0f6cc843ad254dd9dbf970.jpeg 

Edited by mikbone

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:49 PM, NeuroTypical said:

Also, Edward Lear.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/13646

Funny art, light hearted eclectic weirdness.

I think my favourite poem by Edward Lear has to be the one about the two guys who wanted to make stuffing...

http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ll/tob.html