How often do you go to the Temple?

How often do you go to the Temple?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you go to the Temple?

• Multiple times a week
    • Weekly
    • Several times a month
    • Several times a year
    • Haven't been in ages/never been
    • I would go more often but don't have a Temple near me.

Because last night was my first time going beyond the bapistry, I was bombarded with people asking when/if I was going back.  It raised a lot of questions with me, most of which I don't feel comfortable asking here, even though they're probably allowed.   I'm curious how often people go.  If there is a longer answer not offered in the poll and you feel comfortable sharing it, I'd love to read it either here or through PM or Facebook.

For me, it's a couple of times a year, primarily due to logistical constraints.  There are two temples in my area, one of which I love very much and have always felt extremely welcomed at.  The other my mom is a temple worker at, but I don't feel particularly welcomed at, due to disagreements over rules with that temple president.  

I, being a symbol-thinker, do very much love the endowment and initiatory-- the symbolism is my groove.  Other people the symbolism completely confuses.  Some people love the bond-centric nature of the sealing.  Still others have favorites in baptism.  And I don't think any of this individual-ness is remotely bad.  

I hope for weekly being that I am a couple miles away, but it usually ends up about 3x per month.  

Last Saturday I awoke at 5:20 and the song "I Love to See The Temples" popped into my head.  I was like... I guess that means I need to get up and hit the 6:00 session.  It's a blessing to live close.  

I think when you first go, you should go again after some thoughtfulness.  You'll discover a lot you didn't even get the first time.  The logistics of the ceremony are daunting at first, and you are so concerned about what you are doing you aren't pondering what you are doing.  Also, when you are in the temple, you are free to discuss the details, and get insight from temple workers, or even the temple president if you so wish.  I remember two very specific revelations given to me.  One was just a flood of "oh wow.  Never thought of that before" and another was a specific detail given by a temple worker, and I still hold those truths today, things I never would have gotten were it not for the temple experience.

Also, when I was a younger man, I attended several temple weddings of friends, including acting as a proxy father for my best friend at his ceremony (basically a glorified witness).  You can perform proxy sealings as well, if you want to experience that ceremony as well, and I recommend it.  Also, remember, children are sealed to parents if not born under the covenant of marriage.   And since we believe in work for the dead, you may want to look into your own ancestry, possibly including (depending on circumstances) being sealed to deceased parents.   Anyway, just wanted to bring up the idea that even though you've been endowed, you still have some future temple adventures besides proxy work for strangers.  And of course, we'll be waiting next year for news of other potential sealings. ;)