TK Smoothies

mikbone

4 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

I am reluctant to say that the Protestant view (or Catholic) is necessarily caught in the past.  I'd say it is more appropriate to perhaps say it is just not the complete plan of Salvation in relation to what the Church teaches.  We know after we leave this life that there are two locations we may end up...Spirit Paradise or Spirit Prison.  Many other Christian religions also believe this same dichotomy...except they call these two places heaven and hell.  Hence, they are not necessarily incorrect, but it is that they see the result right after this life as the eternal result thereof, rather than the next step.

It's merely a different terminology and way of understanding than those in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints possess. 

Just a little quibble but the Protestant view of heaven or hell is after resurrection and judgment. In fact, it's the very exact view of our Book of Mormon. And, if one closely understands the D&C, it's the same heaven or hell as taught there as well. Whether we like to admit it or not, our own LDS scriptures teach this same Protestant heaven or hell dichotomy.

7 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

I am reluctant to say that the Protestant view (or Catholic) is necessarily caught in the past.  I'd say it is more appropriate to perhaps say it is just not the complete plan of Salvation in relation to what the Church teaches.  We know after we leave this life that there are two locations we may end up...Spirit Paradise or Spirit Prison.  Many other Christian religions also believe this same dichotomy...except they call these two places heaven and hell.  Hence, they are not necessarily incorrect, but it is that they see the result right after this life as the eternal result thereof, rather than the next step.

It's merely a different terminology and way of understanding than those in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints possess. 

By "caught in the past" I mean they haven't progressed to a more complete understanding of the Plan of Salvation available since 1832 -1835 (when D&C 76 was revealed and first published in the Book of Commandments). Their view of Salvation predates the greater light and knowledge received in 1832  So, I see us as say much the same thing.

But, if how you say it works for you, then great. [thumbs up]

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

This is why I love the way we approach doctrine.  We (even prophets) simply interpret what we know from past revelations.  And we may be right, we may be wrong.  And if a prophet has a personal conclusion about something, and a revelation corrects his belief, we don't all panic.  We simply accept additional light on the topic.  "[W]e believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God. "

On 2/12/2019 at 12:40 PM, Rob Osborn said:

Except isn't our spirit made in the likeness of our bodies?

I'm curious as to why people think sex organs aren't a part of everyone's resurrected bodies? Where does this idea come from?

"Likeness" is sooooo vague.  We are all created in the likeness of God too but some are 4 feet tall and some are 7 feet tall, some are 400 pounds and some are 75 pounds.  There is a lot of room in between. 

1 hour ago, Fifthziff said:

"Likeness" is sooooo vague.  We are all created in the likeness of God too but some are 4 feet tall and some are 7 feet tall, some are 400 pounds and some are 75 pounds.  There is a lot of room in between. 

And yet though there are various differences our sex organs are all basically the same.