10 Short but Sweet Quotes From the Oft-Criticized Brigham Young

The second prophet and president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Brigham Young, is often criticized by both members and nonmembers for some of the more controversial things he said and did. Personally, I think some of those criticisms are totally fair, but sometimes we focus so much on his flaws that we forget some of the incredible things he said and taught. Here are just 10 of them... 1. Something to never forget A good man, is a good man, whether in this church, or out of it. —Brigham Young 2. A worthwhile duty What is the duty of a Latter-day Saint? To do all the good he can upon the earth. —Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses 3. Fair point Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own? —Brigham Young 4. I need to work on this Pray as though everything depended on the Lord and work as though everything depended on you. —Brigham Young 5. A recipe for good parenting If you...

View the full article

Nice article. Hard to go wrong with Brigham quotes.

On the other hand, I'm dismayed by Snell's recent propensity to criticize, implicitly or explicitly, former and current Church leaders. I expect he thinks that marks him as "fair-minded" and an "independent thinker". I disagree.