Sometimes, ya gotta just put it down.

unixknight

All news drives me nuts.  It’s not news anyway.  It’s shock info entertainment (with cleavage).

The wife will still watch Fox News (which is probably the worst offender).  And I’m conservative.  I keeping waiting for the breaking news of Trump combing his hair.  Seriously how many breaking fake news tickers can you have?

Edited by mikbone

7 minutes ago, mikbone said:

All news drives me nuts.  It’s not news anyway.  It’s shock info entertainment (with cleavage).

The wife will still watch Fox News (which is probably the worst offender).  And I’m conservative.  I keeping waiting for the breaking news of Trump combing his hair.  Seriously how many breaking fake news tickers can you have?

It's bad regardless of which side the bias leans.  They need to overhaul journalism school.

vcyj0ynte1c21.png

n8wspz518ed21.png

413p2wj0lfc21.png

hnq9byg49gc21.png

21 minutes ago, mikbone said:

The wife will still watch Fox News (which is probably the worst offender).

I'm no Fox News fan, but I'm amazed to read this. Have you ever watched CNN or read their site? O the two, Fox News is by far the more reliable and less overtly biased.

Just now, Vort said:

I'm no Fox News fan, but I'm amazed to read this. Have you ever watched CNN or read their site? O the two, Fox News is by far the more reliable and less overtly biased.

I’m not even interested in who is more reliable.  I dont even care anymore.  You can’t trust people to investigate a story and then produce a one liner to sum it up.  You have to read the source.

Fox News just happens to be the worst with the amount of ‘headlines’, ‘breaking news’, cleavage, and shock info entertainment.

I could be be wrong though.  The wife dosent watch CNN, or MSNBC.

1 minute ago, mikbone said:

I’m not even interested in who is more reliable.  I dont even care anymore.  You can’t trust people to investigate a story and then produce a one liner to sum it up.  You have to read the source.

Congratulations - you have graduated!  You are no longer "one of the deluded sheeple".  

Please use your elevated status to lift others up.

In my medial residency training we had a monthly journal club wherein we were to arrive already having read the recent journal.  We would then criticize the study, statistics (lies), conclusions, and how well the abstract actually described the entire article.  

Guess what...  There is a whole lotta 💩 out there. Even in medical journals. Unless you can understand the material, and the intent of the researchers you will probably be misled.

Edited by mikbone

24 minutes ago, Vort said:

I think @mikbone is talking more about the sensationalism in the headlines than the reliability of the stories per se.  Fox has always been bad about that.  

These days CNN is giving them a run for their money, though.  

12 minutes ago, mikbone said:

2BA221C6-2DCF-4EEC-AB7B-417ACB5E1684.thumb.png.fe3f08f5f4cb146e001170ddb09054e9.png

Typical Fox News

Typical???

Okay, now I know for sure you are a hammer who sees everything as your own version of nail.

Paulina Porizkova posing nude in SIS at age 53 IS celebrity news in the same manner that Meghan Merkel being pregnant is celebrity news.  How this is "typical" is beyond me.  It's either newsworthy or it is not.  Now, "typical" would be Fox Celebrity News only reporting on nude people.

Edited by anatess2

2 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Well, both words start with T...

Most of my favorite words do.  🤣

I remember a bunch of years ago thinking that Fox (the local affiliate in this case, not the network news) tended toward headlines that would get people to watch.  Words like "topless" in a case like this would be emphasized even though the story was really more about a 53-year-old being in the SI swimsuit issue at all, with her particular attire not really being relevant enough to be in the headline itself.  

FNC isn't any different, which is a shame.  They're already the closest thing we have to a conservative news network and they undermine their own credibility with that stuff.  They don't need to do it.  Conservatives who want to watch news TV will already watch them, and they're not gonna attract liberals with it.

By the way, @unixknight, Catherine Herridge (the 3rd picture from the top left on that Fox News Anchors photo with the short black hair) - she's another one of those credible news sources.  She currently covers Intelligence including DOJ and DHS news.  She is very accurate and deeply knowledgeable on the Middle Eastern players.  I usually search for her name on news articles if I don't want to wade through a bunch of stuff related to what's up with the war stuff.

Guest MormonGator

I don't really understand why people have a problem with/feel sorry for those of us who are news junkies. In my early twenties I thought that people who weren't news/political junkies had interests that were shallow and meaningless. I'm not that harsh anymore, though I do wish people paid more attention to the news, especially international news. 

1 minute ago, MormonGator said:

I don't really understand why people have a problem with/feel sorry for those of us who are news junkies. In my early twenties I thought that people who weren't news/political junkies had interests that were shallow and meaningless. I'm not that harsh anymore, though I do wish people paid more attention to the news, especially international news. 

Yeah there's a fine line between keeping informed and getting pulled into the outrage machine.  If you can surf that line, more power to ya.  I'd like to be informed and decide for myself what's important, even if it deprives media outlets of clicks.  ;)

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, unixknight said:

Yeah there's a fine line between keeping informed and getting pulled into the outrage machine.  If you can surf that line, more power to ya.  I'd like to be informed and decide for myself what's important, even if it deprives media outlets of clicks.  ;)

I think that's why I like DC so much, though since I've moved down south I don't go as much. You are surrounded with passionate people who care about the issues as much as you do. 

:: sigh ::

Want to tone down and finally eliminate all the stress, negativity and finally the loss of the Holy Ghost. Turn off your watching News. TV Series that are negative, stressful AND that chase the Holy Ghost right out of you. Husband watches nearly every news media that is out there. At least to me, he does. Finally, after a Dead Serious Heart to Heart discussion from me, he listens through his blue-tooth hearing aid device so I won't be able to hear that 💩 !

Just one of the many, many reasons I love having the missionaries or any member of my Branch over to the house is that all media devices are TURNED OFF during their visit. 

Have any of you ever wondered why the missionaries are not allowed to listen to radios, tv's, read newspapers, magazines (any published works other than LDS published ones) music (except that which is approved by their Mission President? I am, but not enough to call the Mission President or even my Stake President to ask, I just accept it and do my best to follow it's example. I do skim through the forums daily mess. But if any of you may notice I don't respond to very many of them.

Follow the example of the Missionaries, turn off the news and the worldly 💩 , listen to conference talks, read the scriptures, and enjoy the positivity that will engulf you. And discover how much more you will feel the presence of the Holy Ghost.

Guest MormonGator
6 minutes ago, Iggy said:

Want to tone down and finally eliminate all the stress, negativity and finally the loss of the Holy Ghost. Turn off your watching News. TV Series that are negative, stressful AND that chase the Holy Ghost right out of you. Husband watches nearly every news media that is out there. At least to me, he does. Finally, after a Dead Serious Heart to Heart discussion from me, he listens through his blue-tooth hearing aid device so I won't be able to hear that 💩 !

Just one of the many, many reasons I love having the missionaries or any member of my Branch over to the house is that all media devices are TURNED OFF during their visit. 

Have any of you ever wondered why the missionaries are not allowed to listen to radios, tv's, read newspapers, magazines (any published works other than LDS published ones) music (except that which is approved by their Mission President? I am, but not enough to call the Mission President or even my Stake President to ask, I just accept it and do my best to follow it's example. I do skim through the forums daily mess. But if any of you may notice I don't respond to very many of them.

Follow the example of the Missionaries, turn off the news and the worldly 💩 , listen to conference talks, read the scriptures, and enjoy the positivity that will engulf you. And discover how much more you will feel the presence of the Holy Ghost.

You can remain positive, upbeat and fun and still pay attention to the news. In, fact, it's quite easy. 

If I'm being honest, I think sticking your (generic) head in the sand and not paying attention to what is going on is naive and childish.

Edited by MormonGator

6 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

You can remain positive, upbeat and fun and still pay attention to the news. In, fact, it's quite easy. 

Yeah for YOU.  Being positive is your superpower 😁  It must be so, if you can look at the DC area and like it.

(love ya man)

Edited by unixknight