Sometimes, ya gotta just put it down.

unixknight

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, unixknight said:

Yeah for YOU.  Being positive is your superpower 😁  It must be so, if you can look at the DC area and like it.

(love ya man)

lolololololololol! I know, I love that city. It's one of my favorites in the world. 

And thank you for the compliments! 

2 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

lolololololololol! I know, I love that city. It's one of my favorites in the world. 

And thank you for the compliments! 

Tell ya what, when my family and I move to Wyoming I'll sell ya my house at a good price.

Edited by unixknight

23 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

You can remain positive, upbeat and fun and still pay attention to the news. In, fact, it's quite easy. 

If I'm being honest, I think sticking your head in the sand and not paying attention to what is going on is naive and childish.

Thank you @MormonGatorfor being honest and BLUNT. By The Way, where did you get where I said FUN - I am emphasizing spirituality, peace in your soul, contentment, and an ABSENCE of stress, negativity, and the Holy Ghost which is exactly what Satan wants so he can fill you up with his unholy minions.

Thank you for calling me naive and childish, but I believe I have more than 20+ years of experience over you, childish things were put away decades ago, like 4 decades ago.

Here is a challenge for you ~ go without your news feeding for a week. Read scriptures, listen to conference talks. Listen to uplifting spiritual music aka hymns, study the Come Follow Me lessons (both for SS and for I&F for this week. Then honestly search your emotions and soul and see if you don't feel the Holy Ghost MORE. Live your life for one week, like the Missionaries live their lives - no Of The World Media. 

So, if I am being honest, I think that ignoring the words of our Prophets, YOU are sticking your head in the sand by worrying way too much what The Worldly peoples think of you and not following the words of the Prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Edited by Iggy
correct too much space between paragraphs.

Guest MormonGator
24 minutes ago, Iggy said:

Thank you @MormonGatorfor being honest and BLUNT.

Thank you for calling me naive and childish,

1) You are welcome. 
2) I wasn't calling YOU childish. In fact, I even said it was generic. Meaning not specific to @Iggy. I'm sorry that you feel that I am childish and naive. 😟

Here is a challenge for you ~ go without your news feeding for a week.

Challenge not accepted. 

That you don't understand that someone can read scriptures daily (and I do. Check out my blog. Every Sunday I post about the scriptures) and still pay attention to the news is troubling. 

So, if I am being honest, I think that ignoring the words of our Prophets

How? I read my scriptures daily. So......

Edited by MormonGator

1 minute ago, MormonGator said:

1) You are welcome. 
2) I wasn't calling YOU childish. In fact, I even said it was generic. Meaning not specific to @Iggy

Challenge not accepted. 

That you don't understand that someone can read scriptures daily (and I do. Check out my blog. Every Sunday I post about the scriptures) and still pay attention to the news is troubling. 

How? I read my scriptures daily. So......

I'll go to your blog, then I will come back and answer you.

Guest MormonGator
17 minutes ago, Iggy said:

I'll go to your blog, then I will come back and answer you.

Good. I hope you like it! Every Sunday I post something called "Scripture Sunday" where I talk about a particular passage that I find inspiring/interesting. You (again, generic) don't have to agree with it-it's my blog after all, but I always like posting about it. 

Edited by MormonGator

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

... I do wish people paid more attention to the news, especially international news. 

Me too.  I think most folks would agree here.  The main thrust of this thread, is to talk about how you can spend time watching CNN/FOX, and end up not even the tiniest bit more informed when it comes to important news.

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, NeuroTypical said:

Me too.  I think most folks would agree here.  The main thrust of this thread, is to talk about how you can spend time watching CNN/FOX, and end up not even the tiniest bit more informed when it comes to important news.

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you."-Pericles 
"Just because you do not take an interest in the news, doesn't mean the news won't take an interest in you."- @MormonGator

3 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you."-Pericles 
"Just because you do not take an interest in the news, doesn't mean the news won't take an interest in you."- @MormonGator

"There's an attention hound born on the Internet every 0.8 seconds."- @unixknight

Edited by unixknight

6 hours ago, Iggy said:

Here is a challenge for you ~ go without your news feeding for a week. Read scriptures, listen to conference talks. Listen to uplifting spiritual music aka hymns, study the Come Follow Me lessons (both for SS and for I&F for this week. Then honestly search your emotions and soul and see if you don't feel the Holy Ghost MORE. Live your life for one week, like the Missionaries live their lives - no Of The World Media. 

This is one of my peeves.  My mother-in-law does this a lot.  Bugs the heck out of me.  "Why do you need a big house... you can't take your house with you when you die.  You should give money to the poor."  I guess in her mind, having a big house means you're not giving money to the poor.  And I guess in some people's minds, being informed on news so one can make informed actions in one's exercise of societal responsibility means you're not being spiritual and uplifted.

Edited by anatess2

2 weeks in and no regrets.  

I did watch the SOTU, because I feel that's like a civic duty.  Besides that, I've prettymuch been clean.

I've also gotten a lot more done at home, in terms of hobbies.  I do feel like I'm a bit "out of the loop" but I think that'll fade in time.

On 2/8/2019 at 4:38 PM, unixknight said:

2 weeks in and no regrets.  

I did watch the SOTU, because I feel that's like a civic duty.  Besides that, I've prettymuch been clean.

I've also gotten a lot more done at home, in terms of hobbies.  I do feel like I'm a bit "out of the loop" but I think that'll fade in time.

Dude... the things you missed!

DzAuVHmWsAAF8zR.jpg

Oh I saw that video just this morning.  Trump dressed ad the Emperor of Mankind from Warhammer 40,000... They also had at least one Space Marine (Ultramarines Chapter... bleh) walking around on foot with a Trump mask on.

I have a friend who is even deeper into 40K than I am, but who loathes Trump with every fiber of his being.  I'm debating on whether to show him the video (assuming he hasn't seen it already.)  

1 minute ago, unixknight said:

Oh I saw that video just this morning.  Trump dressed ad the Emperor of Mankind from Warhammer 40,000... They also had at least one Space Marine (Ultramarines Chapter... bleh) walking around on foot with a Trump mask on.

I have a friend who is even deeper into 40K than I am, but who loathes Trump with every fiber of his being.  I'm debating on whether to show him the video (assuming he hasn't seen it already.)  

Resist!  You're on a political sabbatical.  Don't trigger the homies.  :)

Just now, anatess2 said:

Resist!  You're on a political sabbatical.  Don't trigger the homies.  :)

I couldn't help it.  I just forwarded it.  I assume he's seen it already.  He'll go on an angry rant and then it'll be done.  Though I didn't comment favorably or unfavorably, in order to avoid a debate.

Just now, unixknight said:

I couldn't help it.  I just forwarded it.  I assume he's seen it already.  He'll go on an angry rant and then it'll be done.  Though I didn't comment favorably or unfavorably, in order to avoid a debate.

:D:D:D:D:D 

And here you were doing so well for 2 weeks.  

:D:D:D:D:D 

Just now, anatess2 said:

Oh no no no... you can't blame me!  Like @SpiritDragon says... we need to be responsible for our own success and failures.  :D

Well... whether it was a success or a failure in the grand scheme will depend largely on how my buddy reacts.  He hasn't responded yet (though that isn't unusual) so I'll let you know.

So I think I did him a disservice by assuming he'd get angry.  Maybe he did, but his response was in good humor.  There's hope for him yet!  He even write out the name "Trump" which is a first since the election, at least when talking with me.  He usually prefers more... colorful epithets to refer to the President.