Young women's project.

5 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Ooooo Kaaaayyyy.

You asked about integrity, so I gave you integrity.  And there are lots of opportunities for symbolism between a really well-designed database and personal or spiritual integrity. :)  But I guess if your daughter isn't into databases, then she'll need to figure out what she is into that relates to integrity.  Indeed, coming up with her own idea for this project might actual be an exercise in integrity.  (I tend to have an encompassing definition of integrity.)

Build a decision tree. Step one: Picture a series of events like the ‘make your own story’ books. At each step, you make a decision, one is a good choice, another a better choice, one is a best choice. You draw a tree which branches on it to represent the decisions. Eg you want to attend a party but your mom wants you to babysit. What is the right choice? You draw your story on some cheap paper before drawing the final tree story. 

hmmm ---
Maybe she can interview grandparents about when their parents* demonstrated integrity, then type them up and post them on FamilySearch. 

*going back far enough because people don't show up on FS till after they pass as well as the fact that this is a way to capture that info before it's too late

Had another idea - Make a board game that teaches others different aspects of integrity and play it for a combined ym/yw mutual night and/or acitivity days.

Something like:

choose card > good scenarios move forward, wrong choices move back 

~ didn't take more than your share of the refreshments = move forward 2 spaces

~ looked at someone else's paper during a test at school = move back 5 spots

~ told the ref that the ball was out of bounds even though it meant you didn't score... = move forward 4 spaces

etc

There could also be quote cards mixed in and/or real-life examples that show the importance of integrity (ie if my dad and brothers hadn't had integrity in their work, there wouldn't have been food on our table because they wouldn't have been chosen for jobs; my brother-in-law was hired for a summer job because he was the only one who answered honestly that he'd be going back to school in the fall even though he knew they wanted someone more long-term)

Edited by Manners Matter

15 hours ago, Manners Matter said:

Maybe she can interview grandparents about when their parents* demonstrated integrity.

I like this idea.  And it is something my daughter would LOVE!!!

What Zil said:

On 1/27/2019 at 9:53 PM, zil said:

Design and build a complex database with perfect referential and data integrity? :itwasntme:

What Carborendum hears:

Blah blah build blah blah blah integrity.

Payback is so much fun :P

On 1/28/2019 at 8:23 AM, Sunday21 said:

Build a decision tree. Step one: Picture a series of events like the ‘make your own story’ books. At each step, you make a decision, one is a good choice, another a better choice, one is a best choice. You draw a tree which branches on it to represent the decisions. Eg you want to attend a party but your mom wants you to babysit. What is the right choice? You draw your story on some cheap paper before drawing the final tree story. 

On 1/28/2019 at 5:47 PM, Manners Matter said:

Had another idea - Make a board game that teaches others different aspects of integrity and play it for a combined ym/yw mutual night and/or acitivity days.

Something like:

choose card > good scenarios move forward, wrong choices move back 

~ didn't take more than your share of the refreshments = move forward 2 spaces

otherwise known as "do-while" and "if-else" statements in programming which will result in zil's complex database with perfect referential and data integrity.

Edited by priesthoodpower

A young woman in our ward with the help of the Young Women held an after-prom party where the theme is Integrity - keeping our promise to live the law of Chastity (or something to that effect).  She invited the kids from her school and several of them attended.

Another young woman pulled quotes from talks in the church magazines on Integrity and made a bulletin board poster of it that was displayed in the Youth room.

I heard these are common Integrity value projects in the Church.