I am interested in baptism as a Latter day Saint but.....

DennisTate

.. .my wife is one of the most astonishingly gifted Charismatic - Pentecostal Prophetesses that I know.......

Back in the year 2000 she was even told to fast and pray for me for 35 days..... .. and she did it.....

For four weeks for three days / week she fasted, drinking only fruit juice... and Messiah Yeshua - Jesus would wake her up and get her to

pray for me.... (which she did not enjoy doing because my wife is not a morning person).... but she obeyed.... and i was 3000 miles north, north east of her

basking in the most astonishing Shalom - Peace of mind that I have ever experienced.... but especially in the last decade because I began something in 1990

that is so serious........  that frankly.....

before I am baptized I will want permission from the highest level....  from the President and Prophet of the Latter day Saint community........

I write for about a thousand hours per year mostly on Philosophy and Theology but also on Economics and Politics.....

..... [edited]

because since getting myself disfellowshipped from the Worldwide Church of God and one of its offshoots the Philadelphia Church of God back in 1991.....

I really have not felt free to join any church.

The calibre of the discussions that I am having here on this forum is a significant reason as to why I have arrived at this conclusion.....

Edited by DennisTate
deleted a sentence....

The way that I got myself into trouble back in 1990 is available online for all the world to see....

Yom Kippur/The Rapture connection?!

This is just a theory and I may be wrong but after being highly skeptical of the idea of a rapture for most of my life I am now open to the idea that the Rapture could fit in extremely well with the ultimate fulfillment of the Fast of Yom Kippur.

I could not get my head around this idea until reading the NDE account of Dr. Richard Eby:

He paused as though the joy of that thought had overwhelmed him for the moment.

"My Father assures me that the time is yet a little while, but very little. Soon he will call those already in paradise to surround me as we descend from this third heaven to the first heaven around the Earth. The souls of all my saints will be instantly clothed in their new resurrection bodies, as will the living saints on Earth who rise to us in the glory cloud! At the sounding trumpet they all receive new bodies and rise to meet us in the air. We return as my body to my throne room with the Father. Now do you understand why I called this place a temporary abiding place? Do you grasp what it will mean to be one with me and the Father in your incorruptible bodies? My book states that I assumed mankind's sin so you "might be made the righteousness of God' in me!"

I can clearly recall how Jesus' voice paused at this moment. He was savoring an anticipation too intense and private to be revealed. Was he pre-living that moment at which he would enjoy the victory which his Father would give him as the eternal reward for his own long-suffering? His own sting of death would be swallowed up, and he would be the omniscient Head of a completed and compliant body for whom he had shed his blood on a terrible cross. He would reign as KING of the Jews after these days of grace. Then his thoughts returned to me.

"My son, when that time has come, my Father will call to me. The applause of the heavenly hosts will be deafening; they too have been awaiting that day, ever since they announced my birth to the shepherds at Bethlehem so long ago. Scoffers will gaze with fear and wonder as my angelic hosts watch me fulfill my promise to my earthly body of believers at my soon return to Earth.

My dad, Robert Tate died on January 1, 1990. He had NOT given his heart to Rabbi Jesus/Yahushua so far as I knew.

Around that time I ran into the near death experience accounts through an article in Psychology Today. As I read several books by Dr. Raymond Moody I went into something of a philosophical/theological crisis as I encountered evidence that the "soul sleep" doctrine that I had been taught by evangelist Garner Ted Armstrong and his dad had almost certainly been terribly in error!

I had been fasting on Yom Kippur since the late 1970's and I had always wondered what this verse could possibly mean:

but the goat on which the lot fell for Aza'zel shall be presented alive before the LORD to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness to Aza'zel.(Leviticus 16:10 RSV)

"Know! You need to judge every person favorably, even someone who is completely wicked, you need to search and find any little bit of good. By finding in him a little good and judging him favorably you actually bring him over to the side of merit and you can return him in teshuva" (Rabbi Nachman of Breslov, LM 282)

Matthew 5:44
"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

Rabbi ..... is one of the Sanhedrin Rabbi's responsible for the Noahide Movement. I was urged to contact him directly after participating on the official Sanhedrin discussion forum.

The......indicates that I edited this message for content that might be irrelevant to this forum:

Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Dennis Tate <[email protected]> wrote:
Shalom Rabbi .....:

I've been participating on The Sanhedrin message board and I was urged to contact you
directly. So far as I know I am probably the first minor Canadian politician who has
advocated that my nation assist The Temple Mount Faithful Community, People For A
Bill to Build The Bet HaMikdash and The Sanhedriin in your efforts to control the
Temple Mount and rebuild your Jerusalem Third Temple.

It is my firm belief that semi-reality and reality film series could play an important role
in working out the fulfillment of every word spoken in the law and in the prophets. My
dad, Robert Stewart Tate, passed away on January 1, 1990. His death came at the
same time that I was being confronted with the implications of the near death
experience accounts. I went through a theological crisis that I believe has relevance for
your SanHedrin.

"but the goat on which the lot fell for Aza'zel shall be presented alive before the LORD
to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness
to Aza'zel." (Leviticus 16:10)

I had no problem with the positive near death experiences but those negative ones
put me into a philosophical crisis unlike I had ever experienced before. I saw this
verse in Leviticus as a possible loophole and I asked that the guilt of Azazel would
be put on my head. I prayed and asked The G-d of Abraham if he had any use for
a volunteer "goat for Azazel?" If so, then I wanted to submit my application for the
job.

Several unusual things did occur since that time that I feel indicates that my offer
may well have been accepted. I would like to elaborate further on how I feel
a volunteer goat for Azazel could perhaps be of use in the working out of latter
day events in such a way that the death toll is kept to an absolute minimum.

Although I am not certain exactly what a volunteer goat for Azazel should do I
have seen a videotape in my head of .........

It is my belief that the films that you are guided to produce and direct will greatly
increase in value over the coming decades and centuries.

Shalom and greetings from Nova Scotia.

Dennis Tate

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012

Now here is my dilemma..... my plan is to continue to attend church services with my 

gifted wife..... in her church..... because she has not yet been shown that Latter day Saints who pray and ask for the Holy Spirit.....

have been given similar gifts to those that she has.

Here is an online description of what happened to me at her church in 2018....

(On politicalforum.com), Religion and Philosophy section:

2018 outpouring, are you feeling it? I am!

At my wife's Pentecostal church this Sunday.... .which was also Pentecost......
a "Fire Tunnel" / blessing tunnel was done.......... and the outpouring was amazing......

I haven't seen anything even remotely like it in about a decade.

Day before yesterday, Monday, was even more powerful in many ways and all I could do was go for walks and pray...... I am beginning this discussion because I believe that some of you will feel this and i think I know how to assist you to go through this.......... in the easiest way possible. 

New Agers have talked about an "Ascension" beginning in 2012.... (and frankly I think that they are onto something)......
but now.... it is happening to the metaphorical Bride of Messiah the church........
and I know also to the Jewish people......
and the key..... is HUMILITY!

You might want to see this discussion that I began on June 30, 2018:

http://www.politicalforum.com/index.php?threads/latter-day-saints-the-mormons-my-analysis-so-far.536387/

Latter Day Saints, The Mormons, my analysis so far!

I have been reading the following book for the past week or so and
I have to admit that the wisdom contained therein has exceeded my
expectations.

I have heard Christians from other denominations teach that Mormons,
are not Christians, but I am certain that a significantly higher percentage of
Latter Day Saints are led quite powerfully by the Holy Spirit than is the case
in most Christian denominations.

Romans 8:9

"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

Gospel Principles

I was really impressed by what the Latter Day Saints teach about the state of the dead...... and I was so glad to see them giving hope for the dead who died in an unsaved state!

https://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-principles/chapter-41-the-postmortal-spirit-world?lang=eng

The Postmortal Spirit World
“Chapter 41: The Postmortal Spirit World,” Gospel Principles (2011), 240–44

The spirits are classified according to the purity of their lives and their obedience to the will of the Lord while on earth. The righteous and the wicked are separated (see 1 Nephi 15:28–30), but the spirits may progress as they learn gospel principles and live in accordance with them. The spirits in paradise can teach the spirits in prison (see D&C 138).

I personally consider that to be an exceptionally accurate and insightful explanation of what happens to us after we die.

Edited by DennisTate
add comment....

I wrote some things in this discussion that would be an issue that the leadership of the Latter day Saints should look at before I get baptized.......

http://www.politicalforum.com/index.php?threads/i-want-to-start-an-online-outreach-to-satanists.517921/page-11#post-1070160774

I want to start an online outreach to Satanists....

I came to a conclusion over these past two days and basically.... the only thing that would stop me from doing this would be if my wife thought of my doing this as grounds for divorce......... or...... if the LDS considered me to be something of an albatross around their neck..................

I am interested in baptism as a Latter day Saint but.....

.. .my wife is one of the most astonishingly gifted Charismatic - Pentecostal Prophetesses that I know.......

Back in the year 2000 she was even told to fast and pray for me for 35 days..... .. and she did it.....

For four weeks for three days / week she fasted, drinking only fruit juice... and Messiah Yeshua - Jesus would wake her up and get her to

pray for me.... (which she did not enjoy doing because my wife is not a morning person).... but she obeyed.... and i was 3000 miles north, north east of her

basking in the most astonishing Shalom - Peace of mind that I have ever experienced.... but especially in the last decade because I began something in 1990

that is so serious........ that frankly.....

before I am baptized I will want permission from the highest level.... from the President and Prophet of the Latter day Saint community........

I write for about a thousand hours per year mostly on Philosophy and Theology but also on Economics and Politics.....

[edited].......

because since getting myself disfellowshipped from the Worldwide Church of God and one of its offshoots the Philadelphia Church of God back in 1991.....

I really have not felt free to join any church.

The calibre of the discussions that I am having here on this forum is a significant reason as to why I have arrived at this conclusion.....
Edited by DennisTate
add title of link.... and to delete some comments...

Dennis, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is not a political organization.  It does not endorse candidates or parties, nor are Church venues are not to be used for those purposes.  That political neutrality is an DEEP theological belief.  Now, this website isn't sponsored or officially associated with the Church, but the members on here still hold those values.  

Now I obviously can't for anyone but myself, but you continually starting the same copy-paste political threads and taking everything to a political angle, makes me feel EXTREMELY uncomfortable and like your trampling on those beliefs I feel so deeply for political gain.  It's not cool, and I personally find it to be a disrespect to the true leader of everyone: Jesus Christ.  Here is a place to praise Him with our own individual words we write unique for every post, not to seek office.  

6 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

Dennis, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is not a political organization.  It does not endorse candidates or parties, nor are Church venues are not to be used for those purposes.  That political neutrality is an DEEP theological belief.  Now, this website isn't sponsored or officially associated with the Church, but the members on here still hold those values.  

Now I obviously can't for anyone but myself, but you continually starting the same copy-paste political threads and taking everything to a political angle, makes me feel EXTREMELY uncomfortable and like your trampling on those beliefs I feel so deeply for political gain.  It's not cool, and I personally find it to be a disrespect to the true leader of everyone: Jesus Christ.  Here is a place to praise Him with our own individual words we write unique for every post, not to seek office.  

Thank you for your advice.... I went back and deleted a couple of sentences in two of the posts........

and for the record I feel that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus wants his people to begin to rise up and 

participate in government at a level that would not have been possible a decade or two ago.  I believe that 

we are going into an era where many like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah will be raised up......

all across the political spectrum...... not just in any one political party......  

because the Holy Spirit can lead each of us to quite different types of judgments on each specific issue.  

10 minutes ago, DennisTate said:

Thank you for your advice.... I went back and deleted a couple of sentences in two of the posts........

and for the record I feel that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus wants his people to begin to rise up and 

participate in government at a level that would not have been possible a decade or two ago.  I believe that 

we are going into an era where many like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah will be raised up......

all across the political spectrum...... not just in any one political party......  

because the Holy Spirit can lead each of us to quite different types of judgments on each specific issue.  

I respect that you believe that, but again the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints does not believe this in the way you do.  

10 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

I respect that you believe that, but again the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints does not believe this in the way you do.  

More importantly... Such direction for political activity would come from the Top down (aka From Christ, to his prophets, to the general church membership) not from the Bottom up (aka from potential converts, to general membership, to the prophet, finally to Christ).

While there is plenty of room for an 'individual' to be engaged in whatever 'Good Thing' they find, your several attempts to dictate what the Relief Society or Priesthood or Church should do are wrong minded.  We are a Kingdom lead by a King.  Not a democracy lead by the masses

Also, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints does teach that every individual who has been gifted with the Holy Ghost at confirmation has the ability and right for personal prophesy aka revelation for themselves and for those under their stewardship. Thus in the LDS church, I as a wife (with no children) who has been baptized, confirmed and endowed has stewardship over myself. My husband, who has been baptized, confirmed and endowed has stewardship over himself, me and in some things his children, grands & greatgrands. 

Now come the callings we members have accepted. We are *Set Apart* by the laying on of hands by those who have the Melchizedek Priesthood, and we are given the stewardship regarding that call. My Husband is Branch Sunday School President. Under his stewardship are the Sunday School Teachers, the Librarian, the Assistant Librarians, the Counselors/Secretary (if any are needed) he has called to assist him. He is given the right to revelation ONLY for those under his stewardship. Not their spouses, nor the Branch Presidency, nor the Branch Membership, nor the Stake Presidency, etc., etc.

Now, EVERY baptized member has been given at least one special gift through the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Mine is discernment. This gift of mine works not only in person aka face-to-face encounters but also over the phone, or in letters (such as when my nephew's soon to be bride wrote to me), on forums such as this one, in viewing video's of interviews, news broadcasts, listening/watching church talks, etc. This gift tells me when one is speaking the truth or lying. This gift is honed also by my hearing impairment. Since I was about 7 months old until I was 24 I had been treated with penicillin for "ear infections". At age 25, a Dr saw the infection for what it really was, a yeast infection. All those years the penicillin was feeding the infection, not curing it. My inner ears collect fluids, those fluids breed and become yeast infections. So I take anti-histamins to dry up my inner ears. Now, all those decades I have not really heard what people have been saying to me, thus my ability to be a 'visual' person was enhanced. Use pictures, writing along with your audio verbage and I can understand you. My husband has asked for me to watch news videos via the internet, and also certain Trials of real people and then asked me what my gift said to me. Each time it was: Lies, deception, sinful lies. Often I feel like that robot in the original TV series Lost in Space. "Danger, Danger, Will Robinson".

Then at age 32 I got a hearing aid. What a marked difference. I can now hear you. But - what jumped out at me was your words did NOT match your body language. It took another 2 decades for me to learn how that was. My gift of discernment was screaming at me, but I had yet to put 2 & 2 together (so to speak) to fully comprehend it. It took my LDS husband (who is my 2nd husband by the way) explaining this to me AND our watching the TV series Lie To Me to fully explain and teach me what I was capable of doing.

So often, members are unaware of their Gift(s), so when they do come into awareness it is a spiritual sight to behold!

On 6 Jan 2019 we had a Special Stake Conference, and had one of the Apostles come speak to us along with those he had invited to speak. In our little Branch, we received this conference via closed circut streaming. As usual, there is always a glitch with it, no visual, no audio or both. This time it was audio. The Branch President stated in front of all who were in our chapel - Sister Iggy, you read lips, what are they saying. I stood up and said, President, no I don't read lips at least not without some sound to give me a small clue as to what one is saying. What I do do is read Body Language that goes with ones verbal conversatiuon. In other words, I can easily tell when a speaker is telling an Untruth. Or as Brother Iggy's Grandfather would say: That person is a Stranger to the Truth!

The audio glitch only lasted for 15 minutes - all we missed was the hymn, opening prayer, and Stake news. Thankfully all of the talks came in clear.

12 hours ago, Iggy said:

Also, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints does teach that every individual who has been gifted with the Holy Ghost at confirmation has the ability and right for personal prophesy aka revelation for themselves and for those under their stewardship. Thus in the LDS church, I as a wife (with no children) who has been baptized, confirmed and endowed has stewardship over myself. My husband, who has been baptized, confirmed and endowed has stewardship over himself, me and in some things his children, grands & greatgrands. 

Now come the callings we members have accepted. We are *Set Apart* by the laying on of hands by those who have the Melchizedek Priesthood, and we are given the stewardship regarding that call. My Husband is Branch Sunday School President. Under his stewardship are the Sunday School Teachers, the Librarian, the Assistant Librarians, the Counselors/Secretary (if any are needed) he has called to assist him. He is given the right to revelation ONLY for those under his stewardship. Not their spouses, nor the Branch Presidency, nor the Branch Membership, nor the Stake Presidency, etc., etc.

Now, EVERY baptized member has been given at least one special gift through the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Mine is discernment. This gift of mine works not only in person aka face-to-face encounters but also over the phone, or in letters (such as when my nephew's soon to be bride wrote to me), on forums such as this one, in viewing video's of interviews, news broadcasts, listening/watching church talks, etc. This gift tells me when one is speaking the truth or lying. This gift is honed also by my hearing impairment. Since I was about 7 months old until I was 24 I had been treated with penicillin for "ear infections". At age 25, a Dr saw the infection for what it really was, a yeast infection. All those years the penicillin was feeding the infection, not curing it. My inner ears collect fluids, those fluids breed and become yeast infections. So I take anti-histamins to dry up my inner ears. Now, all those decades I have not really heard what people have been saying to me, thus my ability to be a 'visual' person was enhanced. Use pictures, writing along with your audio verbage and I can understand you. My husband has asked for me to watch news videos via the internet, and also certain Trials of real people and then asked me what my gift said to me. Each time it was: Lies, deception, sinful lies. Often I feel like that robot in the original TV series Lost in Space. "Danger, Danger, Will Robinson".

Then at age 32 I got a hearing aid. What a marked difference. I can now hear you. But - what jumped out at me was your words did NOT match your body language. It took another 2 decades for me to learn how that was. My gift of discernment was screaming at me, but I had yet to put 2 & 2 together (so to speak) to fully comprehend it. It took my LDS husband (who is my 2nd husband by the way) explaining this to me AND our watching the TV series Lie To Me to fully explain and teach me what I was capable of doing.

So often, members are unaware of their Gift(s), so when they do come into awareness it is a spiritual sight to behold!

On 6 Jan 2019 we had a Special Stake Conference, and had one of the Apostles come speak to us along with those he had invited to speak. In our little Branch, we received this conference via closed circut streaming. As usual, there is always a glitch with it, no visual, no audio or both. This time it was audio. The Branch President stated in front of all who were in our chapel - Sister Iggy, you read lips, what are they saying. I stood up and said, President, no I don't read lips at least not without some sound to give me a small clue as to what one is saying. What I do do is read Body Language that goes with ones verbal conversatiuon. In other words, I can easily tell when a speaker is telling an Untruth. Or as Brother Iggy's Grandfather would say: That person is a Stranger to the Truth!

The audio glitch only lasted for 15 minutes - all we missed was the hymn, opening prayer, and Stake news. Thankfully all of the talks came in clear.

Wow!!!!!!

My wife has somewhat similar gifts....... she amazed me on several occasions with her ability to

discern when somebody was lying to me.  

She was also given a dream about a gray house, on a lake, with only a few neighbours back around 2003 and by 2006 she found it online.......

I had been driving around lakes in the area looking for gray houses for sale.....

but she found it and we ended up getting it for about a third of what it would have ordinarily costed to build the same house in a similar place 

ourselves.  

I know that I made several errors in this video that I didn't know were errors until I learned some more and heard this again......

but..... you may find this interesting.  

16 hours ago, estradling75 said:

More importantly... Such direction for political activity would come from the Top down (aka From Christ, to his prophets, to the general church membership) not from the Bottom up (aka from potential converts, to general membership, to the prophet, finally to Christ).

While there is plenty of room for an 'individual' to be engaged in whatever 'Good Thing' they find, your several attempts to dictate what the Relief Society or Priesthood or Church should do are wrong minded.  We are a Kingdom lead by a King.  Not a democracy lead by the masses

Fascinating........ now I think that I can better understand why Utah was chosen to be the location for some

research facilities that I believe will fit in with a fulfillment of Isaiah chapters 42 - 46 that I personally am thinking is happening right now.......

The State of Utah is mentioned by this speaker who I believe has a special discernment about the "sons of G-d" who took wives and had children who were giants.....

even if he does not necessarily understand that part of the Bible quite as good as many Latter day Saints do who have also read The Book of Enoch.  

If I remember correctly the statements about Utah are after the 1:40:00 mark in the video:

One of the callings that a non-Latter day Saint can have on their lives is  a "Cyrus" calling.  

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/ot/isa/45?lang=eng

1 Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

4 For Jacob my servant’s sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

5  I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Messiah Yeshua - Jesus wishes to transfer TRILLIONS of USA petrodollars to his servants.......

basically the extreme political left who have no idea of the plans of G-d for America will dump their USA petrodollars over the coming months......

and people who do understand the general plans of G-d for America.... and Israel..... will buy what they dump......

and G-d willing......... America will indeed look kind of like this by the year 2185

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/notable/howard-storm.html#a04

The image of the future that they gave me then, and it was their image, not one that I created, surprised me. My image had previously been sort of like Star Wars, where everything was space age, plastics, and technology.

The future that they showed me was almost no technology at all. What everybody, absolutely everybody, in this euphoric future spent most of their time doing was raising children. The chief concern of people was children, and everybody considered children to be the most precious commodity in the world.

And when a person became an adult, there was no sense of anxiety, nor hatred, nor competition.

There was this enormous sense of trust and mutual respect. If a person, in this view of the future, became disturbed, then the community of people all cared about the disturbed person falling away from the harmony of the group. Spiritually, through prayer and love, the others would elevate the afflicted person.

What people did with the rest of their time was that they gardened, with almost no physical effort. They showed me that plants, with prayer, would produce huge fruits and vegetables.

People, in unison, could control the climate of the planet through prayer. Everybody would work with mutual trust and the people would call the rain, when needed, and the sun to shine.

Animals lived with people, in harmony.

People, in this best of all worlds, weren't interested in knowledge; they were interested in wisdom. This was because they were in a position where anything they needed to know, in the knowledge category, they could receive simply through prayer. Everything, to them, was solvable. They could do anything they wanted to do.

On 1/28/2019 at 10:55 PM, Jane_Doe said:

True.... over the past year or so I have listened to a huge number of lectures by near death experiencer and former Skeptic Rabbi Alon Anava.....

I personally can see no significant error in anything that he states..... perhaps you can?

For example he stated that G-d has sent seventeen angels to each and every human on earth.....

and these angels have capability far beyond DVD or Imax and they record every event of our lives from every angle......

and these recording from those angels is used in our Life Review that about twenty percent of near death experiencers have.  

Prediction..... over the coming months, years, decades and even centuries........

Latter day Saints will save millions of lives.... and improve millions of lives.......

and the Great Wealth Transfer that will significantly be directed toward you will play a role in that......

"The Lord is now preparing courageous leaders who
will be willing to fight a spiritual civil war in order to set men free.
The main issue, as in the American Civil War, will be slavery versus
freedom. The secondary issue, which will be the primary issue for some,
will be money

Just as the American Civil War at time looked like it would destroy the entire
nation, that which is coming upon the church will sometimes appear as if it will
bring the end of the church. However, just as the United States not only
survived but went on to become the most powerful nation on earth, the same
is going to happen to the church. The church will not be destroyed, but the institutions
and doctrines that have kept men in spiritual slavery will be" (Rick Joyner, The Vision, page 39)

One significant part of the way to stabilize the 166.3 TRILLION USA petrodollar crisis that is headed in our direction will be the realization that each and every human life has essentially INFINITE value to G-d... who formed the spirit within each of us..... long before we were even conceived.  You Latter day Saints have some of the clearest and I believe most accurate teachings on that topic of our human pre-existence that I have ever read.... .outside of near death experience accounts.  

Here are a couple of statements that you will be able to use to get this idea across to the Evangelical Christians who recognize the wisdom that has been given to this man:

Pastor Rick Joyner, The Final Quest:

As I approached the Judgment Seat of Christ, those in the highest ranks were also sitting on thrones that were all a part of His throne. Even the least of these thrones was more glorious than any earthly throne many times over. Some of these were rulers over cities on earth who would soon take their place. Others were rulers over the affairs of heaven, and others over the affairs of the physical creation, such as star systems and galaxies. However, it was apparent that those who were given authority over cities were esteemed above those who had even been given authority over galaxies. The value of a single child was more than a galaxy of stars, because the Holy Spirit dwelt in men, and the Lord had chosen men as His eternal dwelling place. In the presence of His glory the whole earth seemed as insignificant as a speck of dust, and yet was so infinitely esteemed that the attention of the whole host of heaven was upon it.

When He did this fire came from His sword and burned me with a great pain. "This too is grace," He said. "You are but one of many who have been prepared for this hour. Preach and write about all that you have seen here. What I have said to you say to My brethren. Go and call My captains to the last battle. Go and defend the poor and the oppressed, the widows and the orphans. This is the commission of My captains, and it is where you will find them. My children are worth more to Me than the stars in the heavens. Feed My lambs. Watch over My little ones. Give the word of God to them that they may live. Go to the battle. Go and do not retreat. Go quickly for I will come quickly. Obey Me and hasten the day of My coming."

Throughout history men calculated value based on gold, silver, copper, salt or lately.... oil.......

but I do believe firmly that the coming attack on the value of the USA petrodollar puts us into a situation where

the only answer is to teach how each human life has essentially INFINITE value to G-d who formed our souls, spirits and bodies.  

Actually..... I feel that you Latter day Saints may well save MORE THAN A BILLION infinitely precious lives over the coming century or two.  You will also improve even more lives than that..........  It is amazing to me how well you have been set up for this role.  

• 11 months later...

I started up my car about an hour ago and I was headed out to the local New Glasgow ward of the Latter day Saints but I saw that the temperature was one degree Celcius....... and I figured I was probably going to run into freezing rain before I drove the ninety or so kms, (56 miles) to the ward...... so I figured I had better stay home and wait for somewhat better weather...... freezing rain is such hazardous stuff to drive in........   I wanted to simply say thank to the LDS members in New Glasgow, N. S., Canada, who I know that I know that I know that I know that they have been praying for me due to the fact that I attended the ward four time in 2019.

I know that many of you on this forum also pray for other members.... so at least I can say thank you here...... because it so obvious that they heavens have been opening in my life in so many ways I am in awe.  Many Pentecostals are praying for my family and I.... many LDS are praying for my family and I...... many Jews are praying for my family and I........ and I believe that our Creator loves it when we pray for each other across denominational boundaries.  

I've thought of a couple of relevant questions.  On at least one or two of my visits to the local ward in 2019 I took a friend who was visiting from England and his reaction is that you Latter day Saints were exceptionally "non judgemental and welcoming."  He really, really, really, really liked the Latter day Saints at the New Glasgow ward...... and so do I.

But.... as you know..... each of us faced different situations and I feel powerfully that when we sell our house in Guysborough County, N. S., and we are all together in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada...... I will want to attend a Jewish synagogue on Saturdays........ then most Sundays I will be attending with my wife at her Pentecostal church...... and then..... much like 2019..... I will probably visit the Mississauga ward of the Latter day Saints.............. to at the minimum say Hi........... and meet some people who I will pray for...... and I know that they will pray for me.......................

My question is this........ if my friend from England and / or a family member of mine was to get baptized as a Latter day Saint..... would their being at all like me be seriously frowned upon?

I am very, very, very Libertarian myself..... but my old church the Worldwide Church of God.....  was really, really, reallly against a "member in good standing of the WWCG" ever attending another denomination of Christianity on Sunday........... and perhaps even a synagogue on Saturday..... and they justified this position with this scripture.  I personally feel a calling to be something of an "ambassador" between you Latter day Saints and Jews.... and other Christian denominations...... and I feel that I am not supposed to lock myself into one denomination....... although I must admit that I do miss those days of being part of a group.  

I have the impression that you Latter day Saints would NOT be offended by my attending a Jewish synagogues on Friday nights or Saturdays ... .and a Pentecostal church on most Sundays....... even if I were baptized as an LDS........ but this is a pretty serious question for me......... because I really, really, really take this "ambassador" idea seriously?

Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house:

Edited by DennisTate
add "N. S., Canada" and add a question.....

There's one basic requirement to baptism - That you believe in God, His Son, the Holy Ghost, and that you believe that the restored gospel is true and the president of the LDS Church holds the sole authority of all the keys of the priesthood.

So, my family are Catholics so I would attend Catholic Mass once in a while especially for special services like a special mass dedicated to the eternal repose of my father, that we hold on his death anniversary, his birthday, and on All Souls Day.  But, even as I attend these masses, I still affirm the truth of the restored gospel and the authority of President Nelson and not the teachings of the Catholic Church that is contrary to the LDS Church and the authority of the Pope.

So if, in your ambassadorship, you can't affirm the authority of the LDS Church even as you visit a Jewish synagogue, you wouldn't be qualified for baptism.  Make sense?

• 2 weeks later...

Dennis I would set up an appointment with missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  They can teach you more about the restored Gospel of Christ.  If you would like to contact them go to this link:

https://www.comeuntochrist.org/requests/missionary-visit 

On 1/27/2020 at 1:33 PM, Still_Small_Voice said:

Dennis I would set up an appointment with missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  They can teach you more about the restored Gospel of Christ.  If you would like to contact them go to this link:

https://www.comeuntochrist.org/requests/missionary-visit 

I met with LDS missionaries four times in 2019 and I was truly impressed.  I've been praying a lot and I do feel that I have an unusual calling in life.  We are selling our home in Nova Scotia and moving to Mississauga, Ontario and I may be able to meet with a Rabbi.  I am one of the only Christians that I know who might just be able to fit in at a Jewish synagogue......... whereas it would be very easy for most Christians that I know to become Latter day Saints.  Once I get there I could also meet with Latter day Saint missionaries as progress is made toward what I think that Latter day Saints and Jews and many other Christians may soon be able to cooperate on????  I have about an hour and a half drive to the nearest LDS ward from my home now but that may soon change after our house sells???

Over the next ten years I think I may be able to assist the Jewish people to connect with Latter day Saints and other Christians on some really important issues relevant to the nation of Israel.  

On 1/13/2020 at 1:40 PM, anatess2 said:

There's one basic requirement to baptism - That you believe in God, His Son, the Holy Ghost, and that you believe that the restored gospel is true and the president of the LDS Church holds the sole authority of all the keys of the priesthood.

So, my family are Catholics so I would attend Catholic Mass once in a while especially for special services like a special mass dedicated to the eternal repose of my father, that we hold on his death anniversary, his birthday, and on All Souls Day.  But, even as I attend these masses, I still affirm the truth of the restored gospel and the authority of President Nelson and not the teachings of the Catholic Church that is contrary to the LDS Church and the authority of the Pope.

So if, in your ambassadorship, you can't affirm the authority of the LDS Church even as you visit a Jewish synagogue, you wouldn't be qualified for baptism.  Make sense?

Yes.... this is truly helpful!!!