zil

Pick a Signature  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which signature do you like best?

• Russell M. Nelson
    • Dallin H. Oaks
    • Henry B. Eyring

1 hour ago, mikbone said:

I can’t really vote for any of them.  And I’m sure the Nelson signature is his ‘presentation / legible signature’. His real signature is probably more like mine.  

The amount of paperwork I sign is stupid.

CDF290B7-3DEA-498A-A66D-B66832AA966E.thumb.jpeg.4ef228b12972880fd3ca6f48152954df.jpeg

Me too.  I sign all the checks for my ward.  Then I sign the reimbursement request form. Then I sign 3-4 other forms verifying we sent tithing, or I reviewed things for accuracy, or what have you.  Every Sunday with few exceptions.  For a while I had the fountain pen frenzy, and slowly signed everything and got satisfaction.  But I eventually went back to quick and unintelligible, because of the sheer volume of st

I like President Nelson's signature so much that I think I'll adopt it as my own and start using it. We should follow the prophet in all things. Once we start picking and choosing which things we will or will not follow, we place ourselves in spiritual danger. 

I couldn't bring myself to vote because one of my little idiosyncrasies is that I tend to associate aspects of a person strongly with the person themselves, so it felt too much like voting on my favorite of the men. I also feel guilty if I'm, for example, discussing baby names and so much as think that a name belonging to one of my cousins is a bit ugly.

At first glance I preferred Pres. Eyring’s signature. I like the flowery looks of it. But, as I looked at Pres. Nelson’s signature the cleanness of it appealed to me. The only letter that jars at me is his R. It looks a little sloppy. I’ll chalk that up to his age.  As I’m getting older my signature isn’t as nice as it used to be.