Having a Relationship with God Isn’t Rocket Science

When I started writing this article, I did a Google search of the word "God." It yielded more than 2,800,000,000 results — nearly 3 BILLION. That accounts for millions upon millions of questions about Him, speculations as well as doctrine about what He's like, links to the Bible (and the Book of Mormon, Quran, Torah, etc.), and everything in between. People all across the world long to know about God; they want to feel Him in their lives, know who He is, and have a personal relationship with Him. But sometimes I think we make it harder than it needs to be. The truth is, coming to know God isn't all that hard. It takes effort on our part, but honestly, it's not rocket science. Here's the thing: having a relationship with God isn't all that different (if at all, actually) than having a relationship with anyone else. You want to make a new friend or maintain a relationship with an old one? You consistently put in the time talking and sharing...

View the full article