Worst superbowl ever

Lost Boy

Guest Godless
1 hour ago, Lost Boy said:

For two reasons. 

1. It was just boring. Nice to van noy do well. But that didn't make it really interesting.

Agreed. Total snooze-fest.

1 hour ago, Lost Boy said:

2. The annoying discussion of social justice. Leave politics out of the game. 

I must have missed that part.

I thought it was a good game.  The scoreless defense-heavy first half decided the results of the 2nd half.  Rams defense went all out awesome on the 1st half and eventually ran out of steam on the last quarter.

Edited by anatess2

Guest MormonGator

But...but....how could anyone be less than enraptured? After all, Maroon 5 were the halftime entertainers! Maroon 5! 

Edited by MormonGator

3 hours ago, Grunt said:

I didn't find it lame.  I enjoy watching teams, particularly when the defense is locked, try to find the tiniest holes to squeeze through.  It was a very tactical game.  

That's because you live in Patriots territory.  :P   

I did happen to like the half time show.  Maroon5, Travis Scott and Big Boi.

The only thing I could have done without was having Adam Levine strip down to being bare chested.  He could have left his tank top on.  

Things I've heard about the weekends super sports fest thing:

1- Gladys Knight did good.  

2- Nobody knelt during the anthem, evidence that it finally dawned on enough bosses that if ten guys come with a dollar, and you tick five of them off, that means you only get five dollars.  And five is less than ten.

Other than that, I'm happy all you sportsting people got together and engaged in cultural sportsting activities such as food consume, yelling at glow screen, and yelling at glow screen next day at work.

SportsAnalysis.jpg.f37088dfa28b9779aee3643f06060ecb.jpg

Just out of curiosity...did anyone else not watch the Superbowl because...you know....it's on Sunday -- a holy day -- and the Superbowl is, you know, un-holy?

Am I an anomaly in thinking the consumption of sports entertainment on the Sabbath is not in line with the Lord's purposes for the Sabbath?

Guest MormonGator
43 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

2- Nobody knelt during the anthem, evidence that it finally dawned on enough bosses that if ten guys come with a dollar, and you tick five of them off, that means you only get five dollars.  And five is less than ten.

Other than that, I'm happy all you sportsting people got together and engaged in cultural sportsting activities such as food consume, yelling at glow screen, and yelling at glow screen next day at work.

I'm a huge, huge sports fan and I laughed at this. This is awesome. 

Did the NFL get too SJW last night? I didn't pay attention to the game. Pro football just isn't my thing, way more of a college fan. 

3 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

Just out of curiosity...did anyone else not watch the Superbowl because...you know....it's on Sunday -- a holy day -- and the Superbowl is, you know, un-holy?

Am I an anomaly in thinking the consumption of sports entertainment on the Sabbath is not in line with the Lord's purposes for the Sabbath?

You are not the only one...

And compared to how many I know in my ward watched...those who did not among the Saints may be the anomaly these days.

1 minute ago, MormonGator said:

Did the NFL get too SJW last night? I didn't pay attention to the game. Pro football just isn't my thing, way more of a college fan. 

I have been more of a college fan myself.  Not a fan of Florida though (unless, of course, they are playing a team from the North East, the Midwest, the Great Plains, or anything West of the Mississippi except for Texas...which is admittedly a LOT of exceptions...

Guest MormonGator
Just now, JohnsonJones said:

I have been more of a college fan myself.  

Amen bud. @LadyGator and I are season ticket holders to the Gators baseball team. College sports are so much more fun than the pros. To me it's not even close. 

41 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

I've never watched the Super Bowl, largely for this reason.

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

Did you see the SuperBowl*? What a buncha bozos, huh? Yeesh!

*Thanks @FunkyTown

Guest Godless
1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

Apparently some people thought the ads were too SJW. Personally, I think the SJW factor was a lot more subdued this year compared to previous years. Then again, I'm not as easily offended by advertising as some people are these days.

Guest MormonGator
3 hours ago, Godless said:

Apparently some people thought the ads were too SJW. Personally, I think the SJW factor was a lot more subdued this year compared to previous years. Then again, I'm not as easily offended by advertising as some people are these days.

I'm not offended by it, I just see it for what it is-marketing and not suddenly becoming "woke".  

Edited by MormonGator

Guest Godless
18 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I'm not offended by it, I just see it for what it is-marketing and not suddenly becoming "woke".  

Fair enough. I think one of the ads that got people in a tizzy was the Handmaids Tale ad that had obvious feminist overtones. But the thing is, that's 100% on brand for that show. It's like being mad at a beer ad because it glorifies alcohol. 

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, Godless said:

Fair enough. I think one of the ads that got people in a tizzy was the Handmaids Tale ad that had obvious feminist overtones. But the thing is, that's 100% on brand for that show. It's like being mad at a beer ad because it glorifies alcohol. 

And just for the record, I thought the famous advertisement that Focus on the Family did with Tim Tebow was marketing too. I've gotten very cynical in my old age. 

10 hours ago, The Folk Prophet said:

I don't know... it's primarily a day of rest, and after about 5-minutes of watching grown men running around in shorts, chasing a lop-sided ball ... :sleeping: