Eventual Universal Salvation?

DennisTate

Eventual Universal Salvation?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is it possible that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus eventually restores every lost soul?

• No
    • Yes
    • I hope so
    • I hope not

I am getting the impression that you Latter day Saints might just NOT

be really offended that I personally am Universalist?

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/notable/christian-andreason.html#a04h

h. Who goes to heaven?

In the end ... believe it or not (sigh of relief), everyone gets to come home! Heaven is a place of ultimate LOVE. When we have learned how to become individuals that base our entire existence and consciousness around manifesting LOVE, we then become capable of entering the domain of the higher Realms of Heaven. If we do not practice Love, we can only go so far and we will be made to incarnate somewhere out there in God's super Universe again and again (unlimited times) until we learn.

Mr. Christian Andreason is very good friends with Mrs. Betty J. Eadie who is a Latter day Saint who published her near death experience account.  

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/notable/betty-eadie.html

Betty Eadie's Near-Death Experience 

betty_eadie.jpg

When Betty Eadie book Embraced by the Light was first published, it quickly became a New York Times bestseller and was the first of many "by the Light" books published about the NDE. Eadie followed up her bestseller with the books, Awakening Heart and The Ripple Effect. Visit her website at www.embracedbythelight.com for more information about her. Betty's NDE testimony is one of the most detailed and most profound testimony ever documented in my opinion. "Embraced" was certainly the most popular and important book about the NDE since Raymond Moody's ground-breaking book "Life After Life" book was published in 1975. The following excerpts are from Betty Eadie's New York Times bestseller, Embraced by the Light, reprinted by permission.

....   What a wonderful approach to spirituality!

I wanted to know why there were so many churches in the world. Why didn't God give us only one church, one pure religion? The answer came to me with the purest of understanding. Each of us, I was told, is at a different level of spiritual development and understanding. Each person is therefore prepared for a different level of spiritual knowledge. All religions upon the Earth are necessary because there are people who need what they teach. People in one religion may not have a complete understanding of the Lord's gospel and never will have while in that religion. But that religion is used as a stepping stone to further knowledge. Each church fulfills spiritual needs that perhaps others cannot fill. No one church can fulfill everybody's needs at every level. As an individual raises his level of understanding about God and his own eternal progress, he might feel discontented with the teachings of his present church and seek a different philosophy or religion to fill that void. When this occurs he has reached another level of understanding and will long for further truth and knowledge, and for another opportunity to grow. And at every step of the way, these new opportunities to learn will be given.

Having received this knowledge, I knew that we have no right to criticize any church or religion in any way. They are all precious in his sight. Very special people with important missions have been placed in all countries, in all religions, in every station of life, that they might touch others. There is a fullness of the gospel, but most people will not attain it here. In order to grasp this truth, we need to listen to the Spirit and let go of our egos.

If I remember correctly Ms. Eadie is now a Latter day Saint... I assume because you allow near death experiencers to write and speak freely about their experiences.  My old church would almost certainly have disfellowshipped her for writing her book.  

• 2 weeks later...

Here is me explaining one of the reasons why I am hesitant to be baptized as a Latter day Saint........

I do NOT want to become an embarrassment to you or to your leadership.  

They could be correct.......

one of the reasons why I am hesitant to become a Latter day Saint too quickly is because I may be a little too Jewish to fit in.........

I personally see no error in the following article?!

If my beliefs would be an embarrassment to the Latter day Saints... then it is better for all of us if I don't officially become baptized as one?!

https://www.chabad.org/kabbalah/article_cdo/aid/380599/jewish/Judaism-and-Reincarnation.htm

Judaism and Reincarnation

Beginner

Here is a fascinating statement in a very Jewish article that will explain where I am at Philosophically.  

My apologies if I should actually have posted this in the Judaism forum....... but my reasoning is mostly Christian.....

and partly based on ideas in Judaism. 

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/101679/jewish/The-Personality-of-Mashiach.htm

The Personality of Mashiach

As a faithful shepherd he already cares so much about his people that he volunteered to suffer all kinds of agonies to assure that not a single Jew of all times will be lost.20

On October 9, a conference was held, and during his sermon Joseph Smith paid tribute to Judge James Adams, who had passed away recently.

All men know they must die. And it is important that we should understand the reasons and causes of our exposure to the vicissitudes of life and of death, and the designs and purposes of God in our coming into the world, our sufferings here, and our departure hence. What is the object of our coming into existence, then dying and falling away, to be here no more? It is but reasonable to suppose that God would reveal something in reference to the matter, and it is a subject we ought to study more than any other. . . . If we have any claim on our Heavenly Father for anything, it is for knowledge on this important subject. . . . Reading the experience of others, or the revelation given to them, can never give us a comprehensive view of our condition and true relation to God. Knowledge of these things can only be obtained by experience through the ordinances of God set forth for that purpose. Could you gaze into heaven five minutes, you would know more than you would by reading all that ever was written on the subject.

https://rsc.byu.edu/archived/joseph-smith-prophet-and-seer/1843-doctrines-covenants-and-sweet-consolation-0

19 And in the name of Jesus did he cast out devils and unclean spirits; and even his brother did he raise from the dead, after he had been stoned and suffered death by the people.

20 And the people saw it, and did witness of it, and were angry with him because of his power; and he did also do many more miracles, in the sight of the people, in the name of Jesus.

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/3-ne/7?lang=eng