Psychology: Toxic personality

Sunday21

3 hours ago, Jamie123 said:

Professor Internet tells me that's an "empath". Isn't that what Troi was in Star Trek?\

No, Troi was an imbecile with the observational skills of a room-temperature carrot.

"Counselor, what can you tell us about the beings who just blew up half our ship?"

"I sense anger, Captain."

Oh dear 

Your Total: 1

Between 12 and 15 is average.
Celebrities often score closer to 18.
Narcissists score over 20.

I am not sure this result is very good! Must be something wrong with me! Sigh. Friday! Lol. Just looked at the calendar! Wednesday! I need a vacation! 

Edited by Sunday21

20 hours ago, NightSG said:

No, Troi was an imbecile with the observational skills of a room-temperature carrot.

"Counselor, what can you tell us about the beings who just blew up half our ship?"

"I sense anger, Captain."

Haha, and that's when the writers didn't have to shut her down with a plot device because having a walking lie detector would wreck the plot.

Ever notice how often Deanna had to be conveniently deactivated?

Adversary of the week lies to Picard.  He needs to buy it in order for the plot to advance so:

• Deanna is conveniently not around, and it's not important enough to call her over
  • It's an alien race that conveniently can't be empathically checked 
  • Deanna is suffering from something that blocks her abilities
  • Deanna forgets to check

Mind you, we're talking about an empath who has demonstrated the ability to sense emotions on people from orbit.

Sorry, just needed to get that out.  

I scored an 18, but mostly due to authority stuff.  I am not one that really wants to lead, although I can, but I am not one that likes to follow either.  Kind of rather be left alone...  But that wasn't an option on those type of questions.