My bishop keeps being unfair to me. What options do I have?

Junior

20 minutes ago, Junior said:

In my opinion I have gotten over it because I used to be angry about it but I am not anymore. Also, it wasn't that my parents divorced that I found hard it was that my dad didn't want to see me. I wont do that to the baby I will always be there for them and I am working on improving myself so that I can guide them to be better than me.  

If this is true that you have "gotten over it" and learned to make good decisions then you got 2 choices - 1.)  Promise to love the mother of your child and marry her, or 2.) Encourage your girlfriend to give the baby up for adoption to a family with 2 married people who love each other.

1 minute ago, anatess2 said:

If this is true that you have "gotten over it" and learned to make good decisions then you got 2 choices - 1.)  Promise to love the mother of your child and marry her, or 2.) Encourage your girlfriend to give the baby up for adoption to a family with 2 married people who love each other.

This thread is frustrating.   

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

I can't do that. 

6 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I 100% agree.  I'm talking about forcing your child to be born out of wedlock.   You owe that child a commitment.  

I know that it wont work between us. What is the point in marrying her and then getting a divorce in a years time? 

4 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

Then why are you still leading her on by dating her?

I decided to stay with her and see how it went, because we have both changed so much recently. I wanted to see if it would work but when I moved in with her she was unbearable so I decided not to marry her. If I left my pregnant girlfriend then I would look like the biggest jerk in the world. Also, I still have some hope we could be happy together, once the baby is born and her hormones chill a bit and we can focus on the baby. Maybe one day I will marry her but not now and if I leave her now there will be no chance of marriage. 

37 minutes ago, Junior said:

I know that it wont work between us. What is the point in marrying her and then getting a divorce in a years time? 

You make it work.   You shut your mouth.  You love the mother of your child.  You exercise the priesthood to their betterment.  You be the best husband and father you can be.   That is your responsibility.  

20 minutes ago, Junior said:

I decided to stay with her and see how it went, because we have both changed so much recently. I wanted to see if it would work but when I moved in with her she was unbearable so I decided not to marry her. If I left my pregnant girlfriend then I would look like the biggest jerk in the world. Also, I still have some hope we could be happy together, once the baby is born and her hormones chill a bit and we can focus on the baby. Maybe one day I will marry her but not now and if I leave her now there will be no chance of marriage. 

Junior, who is the focus of this sentence: "I would look like the biggest jerk in the world".  

Who are you focusing on here?  Who/what is being the Lord of your life here?

Edited by Jane_Doe

On 2/10/2019 at 3:10 AM, Junior said:

If I have to wait for 2 years to go to the temple then I am not going to bother with the church, because everyone has sinned not just me but to make someone wait for 2 years is unfair. I made so many changes and I struggled so much to be better but if I can't go to the temple then I can't progress and I don't want to stay how I am now for 2 years. I will have a much easier life if I just forget about the church and do the easier thing. 

This my friend, along with what Jane_Doe said above, proves you are not ready to go to the temple. Despite what everyone on here has told you, you still just don't get it.

46 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

Junior, who is the focus of this sentence: "I would look like the biggest jerk in the world".  

Who are you focusing on here?

Psst- hormones and the roller coaster get worse after birth.  

Well I just want to wait and see what happens with my girlfriend because at the moment I am planing to break up with her once the baby is born. However, I am still praying to God to change my girlfriend to someone I want to be with more and to change me to be more tolerant. 

I don't think her hormones can get any worse. 

14 minutes ago, Junior said:

I don't think her hormones can get any worse. 

The hormones get SO much worse after birth.  Your body spends 9 months (relatively) slowly putting you on the crazy cocktail, and then in two weeks changes things completely again + the sleep deprivation / stress / etc.  Clinical depression or anxiety are EXTREMELY common.

I didn't get this question answered: Junior, who is the focus of this sentence: "I would look like the biggest jerk in the world".    Who are you focusing on here?  Who/what is being the Lord of your life here?

8 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

I didn't get this question answered: Junior, who is the focus of this sentence: "I would look like the biggest jerk in the world".    Who are you focusing on here?  Who/what is being the Lord of your life here?

My girlfriend and her family and some of my friends too. I am focusing on what they will think about me, but I would also feel bad about myself. 

2 minutes ago, Junior said:

My girlfriend and her family and some of my friends too. I am focusing on what they will think about me, but I would also feel bad about myself. 

So here you list the Lords of your life: your girlfriend, your girlfriend's family, friends, and what they all think of you.

Now, who is supposed to be your Lord?

2 hours ago, Junior said:

Well I just want to wait and see what happens with my girlfriend because at the moment I am planing to break up with her once the baby is born. However, I am still praying to God to change my girlfriend to someone I want to be with more and to change me to be more tolerant. 

"praying to God to change my girlfriend...."

You have a lot to learn.  

as pertains to all of your previous responses regarding marriage, adoption, etc...https://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation?lang=eng&old=true

please click on the link and read.  If you have a testimony and support our prophets, seers and revelators, then you will agree with the link as posted.  

forget the link.  THIS:

WE, THE FIRST PRESIDENCY and the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.

ALL HUMAN BEINGS—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny. Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose.

IN THE PREMORTAL REALM, spirit sons and daughters knew and worshipped God as their Eternal Father and accepted His plan by which His children could obtain a physical body and gain earthly experience to progress toward perfection and ultimately realize their divine destiny as heirs of eternal life. The divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave. Sacred ordinances and covenants available in holy temples make it possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally.

THE FIRST COMMANDMENT that God gave to Adam and Eve pertained to their potential for parenthood as husband and wife. We declare that God’s commandment for His children to multiply and replenish the earth remains in force. We further declare that God has commanded that the sacred powers of procreation are to be employed only between man and woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife.

WE DECLARE the means by which mortal life is created to be divinely appointed. We affirm the sanctity of life and of its importance in God’s eternal plan.

HUSBAND AND WIFE have a solemn responsibility to love and care for each other and for their children. “Children are an heritage of the Lord” (Psalm 127:3). Parents have a sacred duty to rear their children in love and righteousness, to provide for their physical and spiritual needs, and to teach them to love and serve one another, observe the commandments of God, and be law-abiding citizens wherever they live. Husbands and wives—mothers and fathers—will be held accountable before God for the discharge of these obligations.

THE FAMILY is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. Disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Extended families should lend support when needed.

WE WARN that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.

WE CALL UPON responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society.

9 hours ago, mdfxdb said:

"praying to God to change my girlfriend...."

Yes because sometimes she is kind to me and I want to be with her all the time. Sometimes she is so moody and cold towards me, and she puts so much unfair pressure on me and she nags me. So I need her to stop doing that and then maybe I can marry her. I always act the same to her, occasionally I ignore her but only if she is annoying me. 

Edited by Junior