My bishop keeps being unfair to me. What options do I have?

Junior

10 hours ago, mdfxdb said:

WE WARN that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.

WE CALL UPON responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society.

I know that and if I don't marry her God will still forgive me, then as I will have changed, I will make sure I am married and sealed with my wife before I have another child. Then with that child I will fulfil every responsibility. 

Edited by Junior

12 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

Good realization.  

Now, before you asked (gisted) "what more do I need to repent?  How come I'm not ready?" 

Can you answer your own question here?

But lots of people with a Temple Recommend  don't always put God first because everyone is sinful, I don't think I am worse than anyone with a temple recommend. You don't have to be perfect to go to the temple. 

Also, I don't think God wants me to leave my girlfriend. 

3 hours ago, Junior said:

But lots of people with a Temple Recommend  don't always put God first because everyone is sinful, I don't think I am worse than anyone with a temple recommend. You don't have to be perfect to go to the temple. 

A person who worthily enters the temple has Christ as their Lord.   That doesn't mean they are perfect (cause they ain't), but Christ is this Lord, and their heart is given to Him, and their upmost desire is to please Him.  

Your Lord is your girlfriend, her family, your friends, and what they all think of you.  

I can't believe this train wreck is still chugging.

After 7 pages @Junior still thinks he knows better than his priesthood leaders and all of us here.  He didn't come here for advice, guys.  He came here for validation.  A pack of internet anonymous forum posters ain't gonna be the ones to change his mind.

Guest MormonGator
14 minutes ago, unixknight said:

After 7 pages @Junior still thinks he knows better than his priesthood leaders and all of us here.  He didn't come here for advice, guys.  He came here for validation.  A pack of internet anonymous forum posters ain't gonna be the ones to change his mind.

That's a good point. If someone was really looking for advice they wouldn't have an answer/excuse for everything. That said, I think/hope the OP is just a young kid rather than someone who refuses to listen. 

5 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

That's a good point. If someone was really looking for advice they wouldn't have an answer/excuse for everything. That said, I think/hope the OP is just a young kid rather than someone who refuses to listen. 

He can be both

40 minutes ago, unixknight said:

I don't think I know better than them. I think my bishop has misjudged me and is being unfair, that isn't the same as me thinking I know more than him. 

3 minutes ago, Junior said:

I don't think I know better than them. I think my bishop has misjudged me and is being unfair, that isn't the same as me thinking I know more than him. 

So, after 7 pages of us telling you why your bishop did not misjudge you, do you still think that he did?

10 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

So, after 7 pages of us telling you why your bishop did not misjudge you, do you still think that he did?

I am not sure because I now see that I was being impatient in my pursuit to go to the temple, but I still think he has misjudged me or at least he misunderstands me. 

1 hour ago, Jane_Doe said:

A person who worthily enters the temple has Christ as their Lord.   That doesn't mean they are perfect (cause they ain't), but Christ is this Lord, and their heart is given to Him, and their upmost desire is to please Him.  

Your Lord is your girlfriend, her family, your friends, and what they all think of you.  

*bump*

God gave me this verse from Hebrews 13.

17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

I am going to try and be patient with my Bishop for a while. 

3 hours ago, pwrfrk said:

Well, bless your heart!  All bishops need the rest of the ward members to be patient, it's a hard job they have. 

So do tell!  When are you two getting married?

Haha it seems unlikely that I will marry her unless she starts being a lot nicer to me and my mom for a sustained period of time I don't see us getting married. 

20 hours ago, Junior said:

Haha it seems unlikely that I will marry her unless she starts being a lot nicer to me and my mom for a sustained period of time I don't see us getting married. 

Hmmm.  How old is she again? Got a pic of her?  You know, if you're not gonna marry her, maybe I should.  She clearly needs a grown man to help her raise her new-to-be family (IMO)....

1 hour ago, pwrfrk said:

Hmmm.  How old is she again? Got a pic of her?  You know, if you're not gonna marry her, maybe I should.  She clearly needs a grown man to help her raise her new-to-be family (IMO)....

Hey man you shouldn't talk about my girlfriend like that. If you said that to me in person you'd be unconscious