The final tour of your favorite band

Guest MormonGator

Guest MormonGator

Would you go to the final tour of your favorite band, even if it's obvious the lead singer can't sing very well anymore? They'll be using back up tracks and lip synching.

Thanks! 

6 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Would you go to the final tour of your favorite band, even if it's obvious the lead singer can't sing very well anymore? They'll be using back up tracks and lip synching.

Thanks! 

In that case, I would say no. If they were still doing their own work, absolutely. But if you are just going to see them lip syncing and using back up tracks, I feel like it would just end up depressing you. 

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Midwest LDS said:

In that case, I would say no. If they were still doing their own work, absolutely. But if you are just going to see them lip syncing and using back up tracks, I feel like it would just end up depressing you. 

I just watched a video of their first show in Vancouver (I posted it on Facebook) and it was pretty sad to watch. I'm torn between going out of respect for them and being sad  and not going and still being sad because I didn't say good bye to them. 

I hate being neurotic. 

2 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I just watched a video of their first show in Vancouver (I posted it on Facebook) and it was pretty sad to watch. I'm torn between going out of respect for them and being sad  and not going and still being sad because I didn't say good bye to them. 

I hate being neurotic. 

That makes sense to me. I guess you just have to ask yourself which would make you more sad, not saying goodbye in person, or hearing them sing badly.

Guest Godless

I can't imagine that Dr. Greg Graffin would ever continue his musical career beyond his physical ability to do so. 

That said, I saw Black Flag back-to-back years a while back and was left disappointed the second time around. That year I basically had a choice between them and Off and made the wrong choice. I got to meet Greg Ginn afterwards though, so that was kinda cool.

18 hours ago, MormonGator said:

Thanks! 

Depends on whether said favorite "band" was Michael Jackson or not.

Point being...I think MJ's shows would have been quite the spectacle even if lip synced (not saying he did or not). If one is into that kind of spectacle and the dancing and all that then the live singing becomes a bit less of an issue.