Interpreter Foundation Film - Witnesses

NeuroTypical

Wow - I'm actually thrilled to see this happening:

https://witnessesfilm.com/

The trailer looks well made.  From Dr. Peterson's blog:

The current “sizzle reel,” as film people call it, is a temporary placeholder.  That is, it isn’t yet really a “trailer,” strictly speaking.  The interviews that are featured represent some of the material that we have recently developed for this project.  The dramatic scenes and the music, though, are borrowed from an earlier film created essentially by this same crew.  We wanted to provide some sense of the level of quality that can be expected.  We haven’t yet done the casting for this specific film project, which will be a docudrama or, as we’ve been calling it, a “dramatic documentary.”  And we haven’t yet done the “distant filming” on locations in the East and the Midwest.  If all goes well, and if the funding is in place to take this step — I think that we’re there, or very nearly there — we intend to do that late this spring or in the early summer.  We want to beat the crowds, but we want the leaves to be fully out.

To say that I’m very excited about this project is a considerable understatement.

22 hours ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Just based on who is involved with this I will cautious. I just don't trust some of these self proclaimed scholars. 

Those involved:

Executive Producers
Daniel C. Peterson and Deborah D. Peterson, The Interpreter Foundation

Producer
Russell Richins (see http://www.pellamediainc.com)

Director/Editor
Mark Goodman (see Handel’s Messiah, Fires of Faith, Joseph Smith: American Prophet)

Screenwriters
Mitch Davis, Mark Goodman, James Jordan

Dan Peterson is the only name I recognize, and I trust him. Which names do you see that give you pause?

1 hour ago, Vort said:

Those involved:

Executive Producers
Daniel C. Peterson and Deborah D. Peterson, The Interpreter Foundation

Producer
Russell Richins (see http://www.pellamediainc.com)

Director/Editor
Mark Goodman (see Handel’s Messiah, Fires of Faith, Joseph Smith: American Prophet)

Screenwriters
Mitch Davis, Mark Goodman, James Jordan

Dan Peterson is the only name I recognize, and I trust him. Which names do you see that give you pause?

I don’t trust the interpreter staff. They are very rude If you don’t agree with them. For that matter so is Dan Peterson. I like the director, he is very good and so is Mitch Davis. I am fine with this as long as they remain Historically neutral, but I do not want them to continue incorrect assumptions made by people that assumed things in the past instead of trusting the people who we actually there. I am taking a wait and see approach.

1 minute ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

I don’t trust the interpreter staff. They are very rude If you don’t agree with them. For that matter so is Dan Peterson. I like the director, he is very good and so is Mitch Davis. I am fine with this as long as they remain Historically neutral, but I do not want them to continue incorrect assumptions made by people that assumed things in the past instead of trusting the people who we actually there. I am taking a wait and see approach.

Please tell me this is not rooted in some Heartland Model beef.

22 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

So, earlier, you were saying "self proclaimed scholars", sort of indicating that they're claiming they are something they're not?  Or are you backing off of that, and just saying they're rude?

No, I am not backing off from what I have said, they are just rude on top of being fakes scholars. 

2 Nephi 9

28 O that cunning plan of the evil one! O the vainness, and the frailties, and the foolishness of men! When they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish.

Guest MormonGator
11 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

I'm perplexed.  If you're not willing to defend your smack-talking, then why smack-talk in the first place? 

Speaking only for myself and NOT speaking for @Emmanuel Goldstein-A scholar is only a scholar if they say things I agree with. If they challenge me or dare me to think, they are clearly a fraud. It's the same with news. It's fake news if I disagree with it, real news if I agree with it. That's how it works @NeuroTypical. Take notes.