A Latter day Saint near death experiencer explains the denominations of Christianity.

DennisTate

This explanation is so astonishingly insightful and brilliant that I am in awe!

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/notable/betty-eadie.html

Betty Eadie: " I wanted to know why there were so many churches in the world. Why didn't God give us only one church, one pure religion? The answer came to me with the purest of understanding. Each of us, I was told, is at a different level of spiritual development and understanding. Each person is therefore prepared for a different level of spiritual knowledge. All religions upon the Earth are necessary because there are people who need what they teach. People in one religion may not have a complete understanding of the Lord's gospel and never will have while in that religion. But that religion is used as a stepping stone to further knowledge. Each church fulfills spiritual needs that perhaps others cannot fill. No one church can fulfill everybody's needs at every level. As an individual raises his level of understanding about God and his own eternal progress, he might feel discontented with the teachings of his present church and seek a different philosophy or religion to fill that void. When this occurs he has reached another level of understanding and will long for further truth and knowledge, and for another opportunity to grow. And at every step of the way, these new opportunities to learn will be given.

Having received this knowledge, I knew that we have no right to criticize any church or religion in any way. They are all precious in his sight. Very special people with important missions have been placed in all countries, in all religions, in every station of life, that they might touch others. There is a fullness of the gospel, but most people will not attain it here. In order to grasp this truth, we need to listen to the Spirit and let go of our egos.

Ms. Betty J. Eadie has chosen to identify herself with the Latter day Saints I assume partly because she is allowed to hold views like this that 

would gave gotten her disfellowshipped from my old church, the Worldwide Church of God.  

You have yourselves a powerful proponent in Ms. Betty J. Eadie and it was because I read her NDE account that I did attend LDS wards several times back during the 1990's.  

Did you know that many Latter day Saints who have a near death experience come back into this physical world in order to be baptized for more deceased people and to become even more involved  in your genealogical work?

Edited by DennisTate
add clariffication

• 1 month later...

There have been accounts of Muslims in the Middle East having visions of Jesus. They listen, because Islam teaches that Jesus is a prophet of God. Jesus tells them He is the Son of God, and because they've been prepared to listen to a prophet, they now have to wrestle with what that prophet has said. Many end up converting to Christianity. Had they not been Muslim, such a vision might not have had the same result.

Edited by prisonchaplain

21 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

There have been accounts of Muslims in the Middle East having visions of Jesus. They listen, because Islam teaches that Jesus is a prophet of God. Jesus tells them He is the Son of God, and because they've been prepared to listen to a prophet, they now have to wrestle with what that prophet has said. Many end up converting to Christianity. Had they not been Muslim, such a vision might not have had the same result.

There is a fascinating near death experience account by a Christian.... .

about a Muslim friend being in heaven.... because he accepted Messiah Issa - Jesus - Yeshua in the final moments of his life while a zealous Christian friend of his did NOT make it into heaven.... because she refused to forgive her friends who did not visit her in the hospital while she was sick........

This principle is logical... and fits with many scriptures.....

and can increase our fear of G-d.

https://www.near-death.com/religion/christianity/emanuel-tuwagirairmana.html

He was surprised to see, across the lake, some of his friends who had died in Rwanda including a Muslim. Emanuel was surprised he did not see some devout Christians with whom he had been serving God with. He asked Christ how a Muslim could be in heaven. Jesus told him that as this Muslim was dying, he called upon the name of Jesus, and Jesus saved him from hell. Then Emanuel asked him why a certain devout Christian lady who had served God with him in Rwanda was not in heaven. Jesus replied it was because of her refusal to forgive those who had refused to visit her in the hospital when she was sick. Emanuel mentioned another name and Jesus told him that the reason that person was not in heaven was that he stole money which Christians had contributed to assist the sick.

Edited by DennisTate
spelling

• 4 weeks later...

I am not a fan or believer in the accuracy of near death experiences - even though I have had such an experience.  Simply put, a near death experience is not the same as experiencing death or a spiritual vision given as revelation as explained by John.  The Kingdom of G-d is a kingdom of order and absolute principles that are seriously lacking from most NDEs.  Just because something appears as truth or seems to logically fit a paradigm does not mean it is not counterfeit.  At a minimum the divine things of G-d must and will adhere to the simple principle testified to Pharaoh by Joseph.

The Traveler

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2019 at 1:49 PM, mnn2501 said:

I have believed this for years.

Excellent!

I have read about something called the "oil of unity."  I suspect that as more and more Christians read NDE accounts all denominations will take several steps closer to each other and be able to have a conversation across denominational boundaries with much greater ease.  

• 4 weeks later...

Near-Death Experiences Testify of Afterlife

I've been studying near death experience accounts since 1990. They got me disfellowshipped from two Messianic Gentile churches that had a dogmatic "Soul Sleep" teaching. I am impressed that the Latter day Saints openly acknowledge these types of experiences that may well be the fulfilment of this promise: "Until now you have not asked for anything in My name. Ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. 25I have spoken these things to you in figures of speech. A time is coming when I will no longer speak to you this way, but will tell you plainly about the Father. 26In that day you will ask in My name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf.…" (John 16)

On 2/8/2019 at 6:01 PM, DennisTate said:

This explanation is so astonishingly insightful and brilliant that I am in awe!

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/notable/betty-eadie.html

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/bofm/1-ne/14.10?lang=eng&clang=eng#p9

Another perspective is that the reason there are so many religions is because Satan has been working hard to corrupt things, confuse people, and generally drive people away, in both manners subtle and obvious.

Edited by The Folk Prophet

I used to be fascinated by NDEs and took some trouble to look them up, research them, etc. No more. Some years back, I decided that (1) the stories were completely unverifiable, (2) many of the storytellers did not strike me as credible, and (3) in a few years, I'm going to find out first-hand what's going on.

#3 was the big one. I could see no compelling reason to invest myself in investigations of stories that were basically unknowable and would be proved or disproved within minutes after I die. What the heck is the point to worrying about NDEs? Live the gospel, serve God and your fellow man, and soon enough you'll find out by first-hand experience what happens after you die.

• 3 months later...
On 7/8/2019 at 3:36 PM, Vort said:

I used to be fascinated by NDEs and took some trouble to look them up, research them, etc. No more. Some years back, I decided that (1) the stories were completely unverifiable, (2) many of the storytellers did not strike me as credible, and (3) in a few years, I'm going to find out first-hand what's going on.

#3 was the big one. I could see no compelling reason to invest myself in investigations of stories that were basically unknowable and would be proved or disproved within minutes after I die. What the heck is the point to worrying about NDEs? Live the gospel, serve God and your fellow man, and soon enough you'll find out by first-hand experience what happens after you die.

This is somewhat off topic but Chief Kenny Blacksmith from Canada published a dream and I did the best that I could to interpret it........ based on my forty seven years of being a Christian..... please forward this on to L.D.S. Prophets because I think that this is HUGE!!!!!!!!

OH..... Latter day Saints are not allowed to comment in this forum..... .unless you simply call yourself a Christian....... which you could do very easily???

Because you are Christians and.....

you understand the basic principles in the Oskar Schindler case...... you can save lives if you will simply call yourselves Christians..... rather than specifying your denomination????

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/chief-kenny-blacksmith-has-a-dream-on-october-14-2019.8133766/?fbclid=IwAR1d8lJwHY9zSXjas21bv94fZIDKnzXNe6cKhvAxrDb2XSf2aM-0kNMo1kg

I had a dream at 5:45 in the morning of October 14, 2019 in Mistissini.

In the dream, I saw a a major gathering of French, English and First Nation about to enter into an agreement.

The old Chief and leader of the First Nation People’s got up to speak saying, “You’ve heard this statement so many times before that I could say it with my eyes closed.”

I smiled and I thought the great crowd of leaders from every people and nation would burst out laughing but instead there was an air of mesmerizing dead of silence and sombreness.

Then in the middle of this moment, I heard one youth sound a fast beat on his drum breaking through the silence and the slumbering spirit on the people, and he looked at my way, and in front of me was a great drum. With both hands, I took a hold of two huge drum sticks and I began to beat a slow rhythmic thunder roll announcing the sound of an encroaching storm. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder. In unison with the youth’s drumming, together the drum beat was amplified, and caused the atmosphere to usher in a new sound such as never expected nor heard before.

In much anticipation of something to happen any moment, I heard someone speaking behind me saying “It will not always be as it was. When you least expect it, the changing of the guards will come quickly and suddenly.”

The word of God in Zephaniah says “Near is the great day of the LORD, Near and coming very quickly; Listen, the day of the LORD! In it the warrior cries out bitterly.”

The word of the Lord in Obadiah also says, “For the day of the LORD draws near on all the nations As you have done, it will be done to you Your dealings will return on your own head.”

“I remembered in 2009, on the Journey of Freedom across Canada, I had had a dream where we were all on the same bus driving to the ocean, and brother Dan was driving the bus. As we we were coming to a designated parking area with the ocean just in front of us, Dan suddenly without warning veered off the main road and drove our bus into the ditch. No one was hurt and we all piled out of the bus, examining our situation. I then saw a hole in the ditch, and I looked intently into the hole, I saw hidden treasures of so many precious stones glistening and glimmering in the dark. I gathered as much as I could but these precious stones only seemed to multiply. I thought then, if brother Dan had not driven us off the beaten path we would have never found this hidden treasure.”

I believe in these last days, what the Lord has concealed, the hidden treasures of faith and spiritual gifts, the servants of the Most High and true worshippers will be revealed and will be used to be the expression of the Kingdom of God here on earth - such as never before.

Daniel, looked, and heard a conversation between two persons; one on this bank of the river and one on the opposite bank. One of them said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long will it be before these astonishing things are fulfilled?”

The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and Daniel heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, “It will be for a time, times and half a time. When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed.”

Daniel did not understand and asked, “My lord, what will the outcome of all this be?”

The Lord replied, “Go your way, Daniel, because the words are rolled up and sealed until the time of the end. Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

Get ready, get ready, get ready!" (Chief Kenny Blacksmith)

Edited by DennisTate
add comment

On 7/8/2019 at 3:29 PM, The Folk Prophet said:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/bofm/1-ne/14.10?lang=eng&clang=eng#p9

Another perspective is that the reason there are so many religions is because Satan has been working hard to corrupt things, confuse people, and generally drive people away, in both manners subtle and obvious.

I totally agree........

if Satan can get Pentecostals, Baptists, Charismatic Catholics and Wesylians to say that Latter day Saints are not Christians......

he has gotten them to make an exaggerated accusation......  and a false accusation........

which to  a degree makes them somewhat in the spirit of.........

For the record ..... but for the grace of G-d goes I.... because while I was a member of the Worldwide Church of God I was

very competitive and zealous for my chosen denomination...... My humble apologies for all the stupidities that I thought and uttered back during those days............... I was really, really, really under-informed.......

Messiah Yeshua - Jesus and Paul said it well........

And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Edited by DennisTate
add comments...