DennisTate

A Latter day Saint near death experiencer explains the denominations of Christianity.

This explanation is so astonishingly insightful and brilliant that I am in awe!

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/notable/betty-eadie.html

Betty Eadie: " I wanted to know why there were so many churches in the world. Why didn't God give us only one church, one pure religion? The answer came to me with the purest of understanding. Each of us, I was told, is at a different level of spiritual development and understanding. Each person is therefore prepared for a different level of spiritual knowledge. All religions upon the Earth are necessary because there are people who need what they teach. People in one religion may not have a complete understanding of the Lord's gospel and never will have while in that religion. But that religion is used as a stepping stone to further knowledge. Each church fulfills spiritual needs that perhaps others cannot fill. No one church can fulfill everybody's needs at every level. As an individual raises his level of understanding about God and his own eternal progress, he might feel discontented with the teachings of his present church and seek a different philosophy or religion to fill that void. When this occurs he has reached another level of understanding and will long for further truth and knowledge, and for another opportunity to grow. And at every step of the way, these new opportunities to learn will be given.

Having received this knowledge, I knew that we have no right to criticize any church or religion in any way. They are all precious in his sight. Very special people with important missions have been placed in all countries, in all religions, in every station of life, that they might touch others. There is a fullness of the gospel, but most people will not attain it here. In order to grasp this truth, we need to listen to the Spirit and let go of our egos.

Ms. Betty J. Eadie has chosen to identify herself with the Latter day Saints I assume partly because she is allowed to hold views like this that 

would gave gotten her disfellowshipped from my old church, the Worldwide Church of God.  

You have yourselves a powerful proponent in Ms. Betty J. Eadie and it was because I read her NDE account that I did attend LDS wards several times back during the 1990's.  

Did you know that many Latter day Saints who have a near death experience come back into this physical world in order to be baptized for more deceased people and to become even more involved  in your genealogical work?

Edited by DennisTate
add clariffication

There have been accounts of Muslims in the Middle East having visions of Jesus. They listen, because Islam teaches that Jesus is a prophet of God. Jesus tells them He is the Son of God, and because they've been prepared to listen to a prophet, they now have to wrestle with what that prophet has said. Many end up converting to Christianity. Had they not been Muslim, such a vision might not have had the same result.

Edited by prisonchaplain

21 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

There have been accounts of Muslims in the Middle East having visions of Jesus. They listen, because Islam teaches that Jesus is a prophet of God. Jesus tells them He is the Son of God, and because they've been prepared to listen to a prophet, they now have to wrestle with what that prophet has said. Many end up converting to Christianity. Had they not been Muslim, such a vision might not have had the same result.

There is a fascinating near death experience account by a Christian.... .

about a Muslim friend being in heaven.... because he accepted Messiah Issa - Jesus - Yeshua in the final moments of his life while a zealous Christian friend of his did NOT make it into heaven.... because she refused to forgive her friends who did not visit her in the hospital while she was sick........

This principle is logical... and fits with many scriptures.....

and can increase our fear of G-d.

https://www.near-death.com/religion/christianity/emanuel-tuwagirairmana.html

He was surprised to see, across the lake, some of his friends who had died in Rwanda including a Muslim. Emanuel was surprised he did not see some devout Christians with whom he had been serving God with. He asked Christ how a Muslim could be in heaven. Jesus told him that as this Muslim was dying, he called upon the name of Jesus, and Jesus saved him from hell. Then Emanuel asked him why a certain devout Christian lady who had served God with him in Rwanda was not in heaven. Jesus replied it was because of her refusal to forgive those who had refused to visit her in the hospital when she was sick. Emanuel mentioned another name and Jesus told him that the reason that person was not in heaven was that he stole money which Christians had contributed to assist the sick.

Edited by DennisTate
spelling