Christianforums

Snow

I have spent a bit of time reading the other boards at christianforums beyond the one that denigrates and perpetrates falsehood against the Church of Jesus Christ. I realized that I had drawn a a very premature opinion of them as antiMormon hatemongers. Not so. I quick read in other boards quickly shows that they hate everybody equally. You want to see some fur flung, go to the evangelical board and watch load up on Catholics. Read a thread of JWs to see some good ole fashioned bigotry.... whatever. There loaded for bear against anybody who disagrees with their narrow interpretation of theology.

I apologize, and thank them. They have restore by faith in equal opportunity ugliness.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starski you hit it on the button, sometimes people can only support what they belive in, and thats sad....We are suppose to love each other as if the other person were christ...That doesnt say much for the world does it....

Deffinately a prideful world.

Laureltree

There loaded for bear against anybody who disagrees with their narrow interpretation of theology.

You have got to be kidding me?!

Why is it ok when you do it but not ok for others to do it? Of all the people to complain about something like this, you have the least amount of credibility.

Originally posted by Tr2@Apr 15 2004, 02:43 PM

There loaded for bear against anybody who disagrees with their narrow interpretation of theology.

You have got to be kidding me?!

Why is it ok when you do it but not ok for others to do it? Of all the people to complain about something like this, you have the least amount of credibility.

No I am not kidding you. Why would I kid you. I think it would be foolish to kid you. I have kidded others but I could not and would not kid you.

Let me take this slow and you follow along. With the exception of tv evangelists, I have no problem with anyones theology. I make not agree with it but I respect that we all have honorable and different perspectives. What I do object to (still following along?) is people like you who attack Mormonism. I don't care how you view God, what you think of salvation, what you version of eschatology is, it's all honorable as far as I am concerned. I'll argue with you when I think you can't support your position but your brand of religion is just as honorable as the next. It is just that dagnabit scubbag antiMormon that I can't stand.

Snow.

By the way, I'll stack my credibility against yours any day. Are you ready for a contest?

Originally posted by Tr2@Apr 18 2004, 06:25 PM

By the way, I'll stack my credibility against yours any day. Are you ready for a contest?

Always looking for a fight huh? Grow up.
Both of you are always looking for a fight, so don't count yourself out TR2.

But I agree with Snow...I don't agree with other forms of religion and what not, but I would not go out of my way to make sure they knew I disagree with them like some people like to do with our church. I think overall, our church is a lot more understand of other's views than other churches are of our views.

I looked in over there and some of those people have some truly wonderful testimonies.

I think if you go looking for a fight those kinda of people search you out, but if you go in love and peace you can learn, share, and grow together.

Laureltree

Originally posted by Tr2@Apr 18 2004, 06:25 PM

Always looking for a fight huh? Grow up.
Now Trident2,

Are you not the same guy that has on five seperate occasions publically wished to the opportunity to physically manhandle me?

Why yes, yes you are.

Personally I abhore violence. Join with me now in mutual abhorance. Come on now. Don't hold back. Let both abhore together, you and I. Now I'm feeling it baby.

Back back to the topic my myopic friend. What do you say, a contest yes?

I realize they may act and say things that get under your skin, but that doesnt mean we have to act that way....Not all mormons are bad and not all christians are bad...It's simply the people folks....not there religion, and they would be that way no matter what religion they are.....

Originally posted by LaurelTree@Apr 20 2004, 01:15 PM

I realize they may act and say things that get under your skin, but that doesnt mean we have to act that way....Not all mormons are bad and not all christians are bad...It's simply the people folks....not there religion, and they would be that way no matter what religion they are.....

Very well said.

NO AMMON....We should not!

WE are taught to love people no matter what and to turn the other cheak, who cares what they say...not everyone over there is like that. I don't judge my christian friends and they dont judge me...If you want to be a good example great, but going just to argue thats not christ like....

Thats just my opinion

Who's the bishop now in CC

Guest Ammon

Originally posted by LaurelTree@Apr 20 2004, 04:37 PM

NO AMMON....We should not!

WE are taught to love people no matter what and to turn the other cheak, who cares what they say...not everyone over there is like that. I don't judge my christian friends and they dont judge me...If you want to be a good example great, but going just to argue thats not christ like....

Thats just my opinion

Who's the bishop now in CC

You missed the " ;) ". Didn't you? Bishop Meyers is over CC1.

Guest Ammon

Originally posted by LaurelTree@Apr 20 2004, 05:07 PM

Who was bisop before that? our old bishop was snow he was great! When we moved it turned to bishop woodhouse

I don't know. I've only been in the ward for 1.5 years.

I looked in over there and some of those people have some truly wonderful testimonies.

I think if you go looking for a fight those kinda of people search you out, but if you go in love and peace you can learn, share, and grow together.

Laureltree

I couldn't agree more....

I just read the posting that was removed from this forum the day that CF was trolled by this site... so far today, I have read that "you", Jenda, Snow, Peace/starsky, AFDaw, Spencer, Ammon (with two accounts), elderbell (with two accounts), and a couple of other people I don't recognize from here..

All of you seem to have visited Christianforum on a regular basis... and then return to this forum to bash THAT forum and the people and responses there...

and the "humor"... is that you do the very same thing that you criticize there. You spread malicious "gossip" and believe that what you are doing is Christ-centered.

It isn't and "you" aren't.

~serapha~