Christianforums

Snow

They finally lifted my suspension over there.  And, in the spirit of forgiveness, erased all my past warnings.  So they can't be ALL that bad.  ;)

Hello Ammon,

Give my regards to Ben and OS....

And yes.... there are "double standards" there... The "orthodox Christians" are held more accountable than the "unorthodox" members.... so I am not surprised that they removed all of your past warnings.

I grew weary of hearing Ben telling me to consider the abusive people and abusive posts as opportunities for evangelism.

enjoy the unorthodox forum, ammon... remember ... "be nice"

~serapha~

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ammon

Originally posted by serapha@Apr 20 2004, 07:10 PM

I looked in over there and some of those people have some truly wonderful testimonies.

I think if you go looking for a fight those kinda of people search you out, but if you go in love and peace you can learn, share, and grow together.

Laureltree

I couldn't agree more....

I just read the posting that was removed from this forum the day that CF was trolled by this site... so far today, I have read that "you", Jenda, Snow, Peace/starsky, AFDaw, Spencer, Ammon (with two accounts), elderbell (with two accounts), and a couple of other people I don't recognize from here..

All of you seem to have visited Christianforum on a regular basis... and then return to this forum to bash THAT forum and the people and responses there...

and the "humor"... is that you do the very same thing that you criticize there. You spread malicious "gossip" and believe that what you are doing is Christ-centered.

It isn't and "you" aren't.

~serapha~

Ain't no rules over there about having multiple accounts, as you well know. (And I actually had three accounts, not two; after my five-week suspension, I now have one.)

I just read the posting that was removed from this forum the day that CF was trolled by this site... so far today, I have read that "you", Jenda, Snow, Peace/starsky, AFDaw, Spencer, Ammon (with two accounts), elderbell (with two accounts), and a couple of other people I don't recognize from here..

All of you seem to have visited Christianforum on a regular basis... and then return to this forum to bash THAT forum and the people and responses there...

and the "humor"... is that you do the very same thing that you criticize there.  You spread malicious "gossip" and believe that what you are doing is Christ-centered.

~serapha~

You continue to confuse someone going over and reading things with trolling and bashing. Of the people you listed, Peace, Snow, Spencer, (and I don't even know who elderbell is) did not go over and post, they just read the board. Ammon was already a poster there, and I did not go over to "bash", as you put it. I went over to do damage control when the trolls from there came here. And you know that, because we talked that night.

What is your definition of "a regular basis"? The only other two or three that posted did so for 2 days, and didn't go back. I, alone, have stayed over there, and was even invited by Dr. Steve to participate in a discussion there. And never have I bashed. I did defend myself that first night when others bashed me, but I did not bash anyone.

IMO, what went on here IN ONE THREAD (or two (if you count this one)), is nothing compared to what goes on over there on a daily basis.

The difference is that here, it is virtually non-existent, but there there are multiple threads on a daily basis that are designed to do nothing but bash LDS and JW's. With the exception of the fallout of what transpired that night about a month ago, there is nothing remotely similar to that here. And there isn't anything any more "Christian" when you do it than when "we" do it.

Spencer didn't even go there but like once. He read a thread I asked him to read and he never went back because the Spirit there is EVIL. And yes...I mean EVIL. I decided (actually the morning I got banned) that I wasn't going back either because someone said something that I swear made the Holy Ghost leave. My own personal spirit was offended by the hatred some of those people had in their "Christ like" hearts. And I've not been back since. So there's no "regular basis" whatsoever from this girl.

And I will also state for the record, that my first post was meant more as a joke than anything, but apparently I didn't get the memo that those doing the biddings of Satan don't have a sense of humor. Within that first post, I had probably...30 replies that directly pointed their virtual little fingers at me and criticized, condemned me to hell and 1 (which was my personal favorite) told me "You are wrong and will always be wrong." Wrong about what? I hadn't said ANYTHING at that point.

Sorry Serapha, I think I can personal mock a site and so-called Christians when the spirit there is so bleak and dark and dreary that my own spirit cringes and shutters at the evil felt over there. I will also admit that I don't think that everyone there is like that at all. I saw quite a few non-members post very nice things. But the overall atmosphere of the site is so horrible I don't see how any God-Fearing human could stand it there.

Flame away.

I looked in over there and some of those people have some truly wonderful testimonies.

I think if you go looking for a fight those kinda of people search you out, but if you go in love and peace you can learn, share, and grow together.

Laureltree

I couldn't agree more....

and the "humor"... is that you do the very same thing that you criticize there. You spread malicious "gossip" and believe that what you are doing is Christ-centered.

~serapha~

Serapha,

Some of those people are not members here and we are not responsible for those people.

This is a rather small LDS site we have millions of members and only a few hundred members post on this site,

so please dont get mad if other members from other places bash the board. I can only control myself and my actions....

...We are suppose to be christians, so lets act like it.

Thanks Laureltree

• 2 months later...

I have spent a bit of time reading the other boards at christianforums beyond the one that denigrates and perpetrates falsehood against the Church of Jesus Christ. I realized that I had drawn a  a very premature opinion of them as antiMormon hatemongers. Not so. I quick read in other boards quickly shows that they hate everybody equally. You want to see some fur flung, go to the evangelical board and watch load up on Catholics. Read a thread of JWs to see some good ole fashioned bigotry.... whatever. There loaded for bear against anybody who disagrees with their narrow interpretation of theology.

Hi Snow...

I guess you hate it so much so... that you created an account posing as a Christian (Chaucer) and then have been over there bashing on your "brothers and sisters" in Christ...

Good job... and another excellent example of how members on this forum can troll with the best of them.

If anyone needs moderating here... it would be moderators who live a lie on other forums.

~serapha~

Serapha,

I resent that because I don't trol and I tried every possible way to be nice and donated, then was treated like garbage and pretty much told I wasnt good enough to be what they call a christian....I think you hold one persons perspective of how that place truly is. I quit donating, I wont give where I'm not wanted....

Laureltree

I'm a dunce when it comes to computers and the internet ...could you explain what trolling is? The last time I went trolling I was on my father's boat.

And just out of curiosity how do you know who has been on which site and how many accounts they have and how long or frequently they have visited said site ... etc ???

Computer dunce :unsure: , Nina

I'm a dunce when it comes to computers and the internet ...could you explain what  trolling is? The last time I went trolling I was on my father's boat.

And just out of curiosity how do you know who has been on which site and how many accounts they have and how long or frequently they have visited said site ... etc ???

Hi Nina,

Trolling is when someone goes to a forum simply to disrupt the harmony there. If you want to see Snow in action go to ....

http://www.christianforums.com/f130

and you may see his profession of faith.. a denial of mormonism....

~serapha~

Hello Serapha my old friend, you've come to talk with me again.

I missed oh so gentle voice, even when I was sleeping

and your visage that was planted in my brain still remains within the sound of Serapha.

Come Serapha, tell us your tale of wo. What news from the front my good friend?

Originally posted by serapha@Jul 24 2004, 03:16 AM

I'm a dunce when it comes to computers and the internet ...could you explain what  trolling is? The last time I went trolling I was on my father's boat.

Hi Nina,

Trolling is when someone goes to a forum simply to disrupt the harmony there. If you want to see Snow in action go to ....

http://www.christianforums.com/f130

and you may see his profession of faith.. a denial of mormonism....

~serapha~

Sort of like what Serapha is doing here right now as it is obvious that she is not here to discuss anything.

Originally posted by Jenda@Jul 24 2004, 10:16 PM

Sort of like what Serapha is doing here right now as it is obvious that she is not here to discuss anything.

NO AMMON....We should not!

WE are taught to love people no matter what and to turn the other cheak, who cares what they say...not everyone over there is like that. I don't judge my christian friends and they dont judge me...If you want to be a good example great, but going just to argue thats not christ like....

Thats just my opinion

Are you contradicting yourselves to be funny, or was it accidental?

Gee..

I would reply to Jenda's posting but she would probably put me on moderator status as she did the last time I confronted her on a posting... using her position of power to control the response of people she doesn't like.

We been there before, Jenda... The difference between me and snow is that I am not lying about anything when I post here.

~serapha~

Originally posted by serapha@Jul 24 2004, 09:36 PM

Gee..

I would reply to Jenda's posting but she would probably put me on moderator status as she did the last time I confronted her on a posting... using her position of power to control the response of people she doesn't like.

We been there before, Jenda...    The difference between me and snow is that I am not lying about anything when I post here.

~serapha~

I did not put you on moderated status last time, Serapha, I do not have that ability.

I was not questioning whether you were lying or not, I was speaking to the reason you are here. It is to cause contention. Pure and simple.

Originally posted by restornu+Jul 25 2004, 12:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (restornu @ Jul 25 2004, 12:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Jul 24 2004, 10:16 PM

Does that mean I can't drop in and say "hi" to you?

On the contrary, I have been waiting for you to drop back by.

Originally posted by Jenda+Jul 25 2004, 02:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Jul 25 2004, 02:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -restornu@Jul 25 2004, 12:19 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Jul 24 2004, 10:16 PM

Does that mean I can't drop in and say "hi" to you?

On the contrary, I have been waiting for you to drop back by.

Why am I still on "Mother May I" posting? Can't carry on a dialogue that way.

Hello Serapha my old friend, you've come to talk with me again.

I missed oh so gentle voice, even when I was sleeping

and your visage that was planted in my brain still remains within the sound of Serapha.

Come Serapha, tell us your tale of wo. What news from the front my good friend?

Well, snow, you can rejoice, and you can post in peace at Christian forums...I've been banned for who knows how long by the courtesy of Catholic moderators who "brinked" me.... you see... a member posted to me that the moderators had been "warned" and would be looking for my postings...

And I did post this to laurel tree a few weeks ago...

there are problems at Christian forums with the deceptive nature of the moderator postions. I sent an apology to Laureltree for having defended Christianforums as "Christian" when I found out that CF did, in fact, encourage their moderators to have two accounts...

one for the public image of "our moderators are good Christians"

and one account for the heated debate forums... and then... there's no controlling the alternate accounts. The rules don't seem to apply to the alternate accounts.

Christianforums does support deceit when it involves their moderators.

The biggest problem at Christianforums now... is their continued refusal to tell people who apply for moderator positions why their application is refused.... in the meantime... my favorite moderator posts venemous postings against all denominations except his own... with a particular phrase that truly exemplies his personality...

<I'm quoting here, this is not ~serapha says~>

"blowing it up the butt"

That's acceptable for moderators who are setting the example for others while good, exemplary Christians are turned away from being moderators without explanation.

I do like Christianforums, but not for the moderation... for it is lacking in consistent application of the rules.... but for the opportunities in outreach ministries there... seeing people saved on a regular basis.

People are saved there in spite of the poor moderation. God doesn't need good moderators to reach lost souls...

~serapha~

I think as long as we can talk kindly to one another here, and we do not talk about whats going on in other boards and peoples lives we will all get along just fine. However I will not tolerate arguements being started over something that is happening else where. So lets all move forward to another topic.

Thanks........

LaurelTree

Serapha,

I sorry that you are banned from anything. I like you. No seriously. I think your thinking is all out of kilter; but so what, you think my thinking is besotted. You're fun, that's good enough for me.

I don't know about anybody else, but for my money, you're more than welcome here.

Come to daddy!

Originally posted by Jenda@Jul 25 2004, 08:08 AM

I did not put you on moderated status last time, Serapha, I do not have that ability.

Jenda... your posting is "brinking"... because if I reply publicly that I have a message in my file that says differently, I am in violation of the rules.

I'm sending you a private message and then tell me if you aren't the same Jenda that sent me that message as moderator of this forum.

~serapha~

Originally posted by serapha+Jul 27 2004, 06:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (serapha @ Jul 27 2004, 06:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Jul 25 2004, 08:08 AM

Jenda... your posting is "brinking"... because if I reply publicly that I have a message in my file that says differently, I am in violation of the rules.

I'm sending you a private message and then tell me if you aren't the same Jenda that sent me that message as moderator of this forum.

~serapha~

Well, thanks for clearing that up. I don't know what "brinking" is, perhaps you can clarify that term for me, but I did not place you on moderated status. I do not have that ability. It was done by one of the administrators and I informed you of that action.