Finding Answers Outside the Box

What do you do when you feel nothing? What do you do when you have been pleading with God—for weeks, months, years—and you receive no answer? This is the question that Michael McLean asks in Mormon Channel’s video “What Do We Do When We Feel Nothing?” After Michael experienced a moment of intense heartbreak, he sought for God’s guidance and light to help him through. He searched for nine years, but he felt like heaven was closed to him. So how do we hold on to hope through heartbreak when we don’t feel God’s presence? Have I Offended God? The first thing I think when I don’t receive an answer from God is that I have done something wrong. Is there a sin I haven’t repented of? Am I not reading my scriptures enough? Did I not pray long enough/hard enough/in the right way? How can I become worthy of an answer? This is the wrong way to think (though occasionally reevaluating our lives every once in a while is probably not...

View the full article