Shalom, my friends

The Rebbe

I bid you shalom.  I had participated on this forum at another time in the distant past.  I cannot remember my user name, nor can I remember my password, nor do I have access to the e-mail I provided at that time.

Alas, here am I.  I recognize many of those who still participate here (Hi, Pam!), and I hope to get to know everyone a little better.

I am a rabbi.  I have always had an abiding love for the LDS people, and, while I do not agree on much, I love your focus on the family and your general amiability.  I ask the Almighty, praised be He, to help me learn more of you and your ways.  I come never with a contentious heart; I come to love and learn.

Thank you and shalom!

7 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

I have to ask...the use of the term "The Rebbe"... are you involved in the Chabad Lubavitch movement?

Shalom, my friend.  Thank you for asking.  It's good to see you!  I am not, in fact, involved with Chabad, per se, nor am I a chabadnik.  I have studied a great deal at one of the Chabad centers here, and I consider many of the rabbis there my friends.  Some of my congregants have playfully called me "rebbe" instead of rabbi...I guess they find it a more playful title.

17 hours ago, Aish HaTorah said:

I'm back!  Thank you, Pam.  It's me, Aish HaTorah.  I am now a rabbi.  And I am very well-pleased to be back among such fine people.

They are indeed awesome........

This last Sunday I attended the local Ward of the Latter day Saints for the third time in the last twelve months.......and I find them to be astonishingly polite.... amazingly well read...... and far more open minded than the vast, vast majority of my other Christian friends.  

Latter day Saints seem to have a higher level of love.... and a lower level of fear....... than most Christians tend to have.

Most Christian officials fear me...... because I am pretty good at debating, (funny story... it often takes HaShem five, ten, fifteen years or more to show me that I am in error on various topics....... that I am terribly in error on............ but my Christian friends who actually were closer to the truth on those topics debated their ideas so badly........ that they left me more so confused than convinced............ five, ten, fifteen or so years go by...... and I find out that my debate opponents were actually closer to the truth than I had been.......... .even though they were not so good at proving their points)?!  Sorry for writing that in a confusing manner........  I do find that whole thing to be confusing?!

I mostly am referring to the Soul Sleep theory that I was terribly in error on until 1990 or so... I debated that idea a lot and actually convinced some people to join me in my error....... even though I was wrong on that doctrine?!

Edited by DennisTate
add a comment....

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

We'd love 3 rabbi opinions on the Pearl of Great Price.  Let's get on with it.  :)

Is The Book of Moses one part of the Pearl of Great Price?

I read a lot of it... and listened to it five times so over the past few weeks.... I love it.

18 hours ago, DennisTate said:

Is The Book of Moses one part of the Pearl of Great Price?

I read a lot of it... and listened to it five times so over the past few weeks.... I love it.

Yes.  The book of Moses is in the Pearl of Great Price as well as the book of Abraham.  The book of Abraham is a favorite critique of anti-Mormons against the LDS Church.  You might be interested in this youtube series: