Fridge Horror Thought For the Day

unixknight

When I clicked on this thread, I must say, it was nothing that I was anticipating.

I, too, have fridge horrors.  Mine involve something to the effect of, "I'd really like a snack, but that jar of left-over gefilte fish from last Passover isn't looking too promising."

EDIT:  Let it be known to all, however, that I am something of an avid Star Trek fan.

Edited by Aish HaTorah

On 2/13/2019 at 1:39 PM, unixknight said:

What if the Mirror Universe in Star Trek...
...is the universe where Lucifer's plan was accepted?
:yikes:

TBH, I'm sort of half-intrigued with the notion that I'm someone else's mirror universe self.  I mean, I figure the other me is sort of lawful-good, and I'm sort of chaotic-good, neither of us is actually evil.  

1 hour ago, unixknight said:

Care to elaborate?

um, read it; but I will spoon feed it to you, ;)

6 For as death hath passed upon all men, to fulfil the merciful plan of the great Creator, there must needs be a power of resurrection, and the resurrection must needs come unto man by reason of the fall; and the fall came by reason of transgression; and because man became fallen they were cut off from the presence of the Lord.

7 Wherefore, it must needs be an infinite atonement—save it should be an infinite atonement this corruption could not put on incorruption. Wherefore, the first judgment which came upon man must needs have remained to an endless duration. And if so, this flesh must have laid down to rot and to crumble to its mother earth, to rise no more.

8 O the wisdom of God, his mercy and grace! For behold, if the flesh should rise no more our spirits must become subject to that angel who fell from before the presence of the Eternal God, and became the devil, to rise no more.

9 And our spirits must have become alike unto him, and we become devils, angels to a devil, to be shut out from the presence of our God, and to remain with the father of lies, in misery, like unto himself; yea, to that being who beguiled our first parents, who transformeth himself nigh unto an angel of light, and stirreth up the children of men unto secret combinations of murder and all manner of secret works of darkness.

10 O how great the goodness of our God, who prepareth a way for our escape from the grasp of this awful monster; yea, that monster, death and hell, which I call the death of the body, and also the death of the spirit.

Imagine a universe like this. Men would become like a civilization of Sith Lords or Star Trek Mirror Universe people, always at each others throats and scheming against others.

3 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

um, read it; but I will spoon feed it to you, ;)

I *did* read it.  You reference an entire 54 verse chapter just to emphasise 5 verses and highlighted one.  Asking you to be specific isn't asking you to spoonfeed it, it's asking you to be clear.

3 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Imagine a universe like this. Men would become like a civilization of Sith Lords or Star Trek Mirror Universe people, always at each others throats and scheming against others.

Pretttymuch.