*waves*

Dangirl

Heelo! As you probably gathered, I go by Dangirl, and I have been a Mormon for - well to be honest, I'm not yet. My baptism is in January.

I met two Elders on my way home from the library a few weeks ago and what they had to say made an awful lot of sense and really spoke to me. I've always prayed and that night I asked God if he would tell me if they were right. The answer I got was "Well, didn't you pray for a miracle and a sign last night?"

He was right. I had done. But - Mormon? So scary! But I do believe that the book of Mormon is true and I look forward to my baptism (as much aas it's also scary to be leaving my old life behind, I want to do what is right by God).

I have gotten a lot of people who were close to me who don't support my decision, kinda the reason I thought I would come here. My mother is delighted, she knows that all roads are a path to God. My siblings hate it.

I am also a single mother.... one child, who loves going to the LDS church. He attends the Primary classes. He also believes our Elders are super-cool *laughs* I'm sure they don't mind that.

So - that's me! I hope to be an intelligent part of your discussions and I look forward to speaking to you all soon.

Heelo! As you probably gathered, I go by Dangirl, and I have been a Mormon for - well to be honest, I'm not yet. My baptism is in January.

I met two Elders on my way home from the library a few weeks ago and what they had to say made an awful lot of sense and really spoke to me. I've always prayed and that night I asked God if he would tell me if they were right. The answer I got was "Well, didn't you pray for a miracle and a sign last night?"

He was right. I had done. But - Mormon? So scary! But I do believe that the book of Mormon is true and I look forward to my baptism (as much aas it's also scary to be leaving my old life behind, I want to do what is right by God).

I have gotten a lot of people who were close to me who don't support my decision, kinda the reason I thought I would come here. My mother is delighted, she knows that all roads are a path to God. My siblings hate it.

I am also a single mother.... one child, who loves going to the LDS church. He attends the Primary classes. He also believes our Elders are super-cool *laughs* I'm sure they don't mind that.

So - that's me! I hope to be an intelligent part of your discussions and I look forward to speaking to you all soon.

I hope your time with learning from the Missionaries is a enjoyable time for you. I am sorry to hear about some of those close to you are not in favor of your decision. Unfortunately those kind of things will happen. I hope you keep reading and praying so that you to can gain a testimony.

Dangirl,

I understand what it is like to deal with family members and friends who object to what you are preparing to do. It is hard and hurts plum down to your toes. You do not want to upset those that love you, but you know in your heart that you must do what is right.

This is ultimately your decision and it is an eternal decision, which makes it the most important decision in your life to this point. If you know that what the missionaries are telling you is true, then you already know what that decision has to be. You know that you have to do what is right for you, not what is right for someone else. You have to listen to the Lord and do what you know to be right. But, only you can make this decision, because it is you that has to live with it when you make it.

When I joined the Church at 14 [after waitting 2 years to get permission from my father], it was the happiest day of my life to that point. I had been active in the Church for two years and not a member. At that time we had to have permission from our parents until we were of adult age, I am not sure what the rule is now.

I love my father, and do not condemn him in any way. He had been brought up to hate the LDS religion and everything it stood for. Him and all of his family were very much against the Church. But, he saw that I was not on drugs, or doing things that I should not. I dressed according to standards and I stuck with it. He could not see that it was harming me, and he saw that I was determined, so he allowed me to be baptized because of what he had seen the church do for me.

I waitted 32 years to have him tell me that him and Mom were going to start going to Church with me. He never got to go, because cancer struck him down that very week. I had his work done for him 1 year after he passed away and saw my mother baptized in another year and went to the temple with her the next year and she was sealed to Dad and me to them. [if you don't understand that yet, you will later. Don't worry about it.]

Welcome to the site DanGirl and congratulations on your up coming baptism.

Your conversion story is just inspirational to read.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Hope you enjoy your time with LDSTalk.

onyx

Welcome, Dangirl, and congratulations on your upcoming baptism. Joining the church 6.5 years ago changed my life. I didn't have full knowledge on what an impact it would have even at the time. The knowledge you gain as a member is so sweet and such a gift, it's hard to describe. I hope you and your son feel like you're home. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone and thanks for your answers! I apologise to you Dr T - as soon as I got your reply, my computer died on me! I've only just got back on line. To everyone else, thank you so much for your greetings and I am pleased to be a part of the forum (once I get my computer back, lol). I'm looking forward to participating!

BTW, my baptism is this month - I haven't picked a date, but I thought I would go away first - happens I can't, so sooner the better - I thought the 28th. I'll let you al kow, because I look forward to it!