I'm Tegan; I'm a member of the Church of England but have grown up around LDS members; I've always been interested in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and their beliefs which is why I'm doing my dissertation on Christians and marketing with a focus on Latter Day Saints. I've grown up not feeling represented for my beliefs in society as a whole and in marketing which is why I wanted to do this for my research. After doing some interviews with LDS members, I felt like getting more of an insight into Latter Day Saints' beliefs is insanely important for the future of marketing. I would be beyond grateful for anyone to do my survey (I've posted it below) or just to reply to this post with what is the most important aspect of their faith and why.

Christians and Marketing

Thank you in advance to anyone that does my survey or replies to this post and I can't wait to learn more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Third Hour

I went and took your severe, and honestly... Tegan, faith isn't a marketing tool.  The Church doesn't have opinions on which products you buy and it shouldn't. I really don't care whether or not my values (like Christ) are in a advertisement, because Christ shouldn't be in an advertisement for commercial products.

I just kind of feel like this is whole thing is barking up the wrong tree. 

2 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

I went and took your severe, and honestly... Tegan, faith isn't a marketing tool.  The Church doesn't have opinions on which products you buy and it shouldn't. I really don't care whether or not my values (like Christ) are in a advertisement, because Christ shouldn't be in an advertisement for commercial products.

I just kind of feel like this is whole thing is barking up the wrong tree. 

Hi Jane; I'm not looking at faith as a marketing tool but rather looking at faith as a consumer trait and my research is looking at how Christians' views may differ from other consumer groups. Thank you for your feedback🙂

Edited by Tegan K

18 minutes ago, Tegan K said:

Hi Jane; I'm not looking at faith as a marketing tool but rather looking at faith as a consumer trait and my research is looking at how Christians' views may differ from other consumer groups. Thank you for your feedback🙂

Could you give me example to better understand what you're going after?

I am honestly curious. 

1 minute ago, Jane_Doe said:

Could you give me example to better understand what you're going after?

I am honestly curious. 

Our beliefs and values influence every decision we make from the moment we wake up to the moment we go to sleep. In one of the interviews that I did with an LDS Church member, she explained that she had been looking for a holiday for her family; she didn't feel like she could book any of the supposedly family friendly hotels because all she was seeing in the hotel pictures/ adverts was people drinking and that wasn't somewhere she wanted to take her family. This is something that would influence your consumer group but not others. The basis of the research is to explore the importance of respecting the beliefs of Christians (focusing on LDS Church members) due to the influence your religion, beliefs and values have on you and the decisions you make. In no way do I want to allow for exploitation on Christians but I want our beliefs to be more respected in marketing/ advertisements. In marketing literature, other religions are explored in depth and respected but not Christianity; this research is just shining a light on my faith and yours.