You’re a Latter-day Saint and a WHAT?: Filmmaker Edition

While working on films during his undergraduate studies, LDS filmmaker Robert Machoian Graham, was struck by how negative some of the people on set were. They would criticize the director or bring other negative energy to the production. When it came time to make his own films, Graham made a conscious decision that his sets would be a safe environment. This lead him to make the decision to include his family in his films. Despite the fact that Graham’s family approach to film is a little less than mainstream, it has certainly worked. The filmmaker, who is also a BYU professor, has had four separate films accepted into the Sundance Film Festival in less than a decade. “You have a less than 1 percent chance of getting your film in, so it’s never not going to be the most amazing thing. The excitement isn’t going to wear off,” said Graham. “But my experience this time around I feel like I’m apart of Sundance. They are interested in the things...

View the full article