Lakers continued

Dr T

Guest MormonGator
15 hours ago, Dr T said:

101-115 another loss to bucks tonight

I'm sorry my friend. It's tough to watch, and I'm not sure what the Lakers are trying to do. Your core is good- Lonzo, Ingrham, etc. I'm not sure LeBron is at the stage in life where he can just come on to a team, wave a wand, and succeed. He's older now. Not an insult, it happens to all of us. Time waits for no man. 

So what do you guys do? Do you do the unthinkable? Trade LeBron and focus on youth? Do you give this experiment another year? Do you trade the young guys for the a core of veterans and "win now"? What do you want them to do? 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MormonGator
12 hours ago, kanzie said:

Think they will probably give Lebron another go at it next season, and pray he comes back a 100% Shaq/Kobe/Jordan-esque 36-year-old after resting out his old legs/injuries for what's left of the season.

His only enemy at this point is father time. 

Guest MormonGator
On 4/7/2019 at 10:13 AM, kanzie said:

Indeed .. hope he still has 1 or 2 more seasons in his tank.

Agree. It's been a pleasure to watch him. I hope he leaves before he embarrasses himself.  

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MormonGator
4 hours ago, Dr T said:

My iPad broke and I just bought a new one. I have need away because of that. Back now

Welome back my friend. Sorry that your Lakers are such a mess right now. If it makes you feel better, I'm very worried that my Celtics will fall apart after this season. 

Thanks MG u guys r on to round two. The Celtics have a great squad and can add. We’ll see what u guys do. Supposedly “nobody wants to play with LeBron and “he’s toxic” we’ll see. He was a great godless

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:14 AM, MormonGator said:

Welome back my friend. Sorry that your Lakers are such a mess right now. If it makes you feel better, I'm very worried that my Celtics will fall apart after this season. 

You're a Celtics fan?  You're dead to me.

Guest MormonGator
On 4/28/2019 at 11:06 PM, mirkwood said:

You're a Celtics fan?  You're dead to me.

It took you this long to realize I was a Celtics fan?! Dude. This thread has been going on forever!

18 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

It took you this long to realize I was a Celtics fan?! Dude. This thread has been going on forever!

I don't care about the Lakers.  I happened to see you posted so I looked.  My eyes will never be the same.

Guest MormonGator
15 hours ago, Dr T said:

We were unable to put together a package and I hear rumblings we wanted him to take Kidd as an assistant coach but that's all I know so far. We’ll have to see

And we'll have to see what happens in Boston too, after we staggered to a second round loss against the Bucks. Kyrie might be out. Who knows. At this point, I don't care what happens. 

Sorry about your boys exit last night. Kyrie was pretty quite last night. I ready teammates were complaining about ha leadership but that is media. Hard to tell what is fact nowadays. I think my team is hurting. Well have to watch and see 

Guest MormonGator
On 5/9/2019 at 11:28 PM, Dr T said:

Sorry about your boys exit last night. Kyrie was pretty quite last night. I ready teammates were complaining about ha leadership but that is media. Hard to tell what is fact nowadays. I think my team is hurting. Well have to watch and see 

My friend, both of our teams really failed to reach our expectations this year, didn't they? Don't get me wrong you still love your Lakers and I still love my Celtics, but what a disappointing, sad year for both of us. 

Edited by MormonGator

True sad, sad year. 

Ok Frank Vogel agree as our Head Coach and J. Kidd as an assist So well see what happens next year. Maybe Vogel can instill Defense and Kidd can teach the young bucks how to play. 

Guest MormonGator
8 hours ago, Dr T said:

So now there is a lot of talk about trading LeBron. What do u think of that idea?

Ambivalent. He's LeBron James, the greatest player of my generation and easily one of the greatest players of all time. He'd be a huge asset to any team. 

However, he has a ton of mileage on the odometer, he doesn't seem interested in playing with young kids so you are basically getting him to win a championship in three years max, there isn't a lot of growth potential here, and he seems distracted with his Hollywood career. So there is a lot of baggage that comes with him. 

If I were Jeanie Buss, I'd admit that the LeBrown experiment failed, trade him, and move on. 

• 2 weeks later...

RUMOR MILL:
The Wizards want Lonzo Ball in a Bradley Beal trade... should the Lakers give him up? 🤔

Beal is a good shooter BUT I really love what Zo adds when on the court but he also twists he ankles a lot. Ball does need to work on his shot but his rebounding is great and his passing/getting the ball up the court is excellent. I will miss Ball if traded. :(  

• 3 weeks later...

You're right MG. 

”Nearly five months later, the Lakers have traded Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Lonzo Ball, and three first round draft picks (including the No. 4 pick) to the Pelicans for Davis, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN:

The Pelicans have agreed to a deal to trade Anthony Davis to the Lakers for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three first-round picks – including the No. 4 overall in 2019 Draft, league sources tell ESPN.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 15, 2019

So for me as I said above losing Zo is going to be sad for me, BI has issues with blood clots, can be good and get better but I thought inconsistent. I liked what Hart bring from past 2 summer league outings and trading away 3 first round picks sucks.  We keep Kuz which might be ok because I like how he plays, his mindset but am concerned about his hip. AD is an all star and young in his prime and we have $30 mil to go after another good player. Hopefully, LBJ and AD attract another great player to get back in the hunt. GO LAKERS!  We’ll see how next year plays out