Lakers continued

Dr T

Guest MormonGator
10 hours ago, Dr T said:

You're right MG. 

”Nearly five months later, the Lakers have traded Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Lonzo Ball, and three first round draft picks (including the No. 4 pick) to the Pelicans for Davis, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN:

The Pelicans have agreed to a deal to trade Anthony Davis to the Lakers for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three first-round picks – including the No. 4 overall in 2019 Draft, league sources tell ESPN.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 15, 2019

So for me as I said above losing Zo is going to be sad for me, BI has issues with blood clots, can be good and get better but I thought inconsistent. I liked what Hart bring from past 2 summer league outings and trading away 3 first round picks sucks.  We keep Kuz which might be ok because I like how he plays, his mindset but am concerned about his hip. AD is an all star and young in his prime and we have $30 mil to go after another good player. Hopefully, LBJ and AD attract another great player to get back in the hunt. GO LAKERS!  We’ll see how next year plays out

I think they'll regret this. They gave up some great players, a ton of lottery picks and basically their future for AD. Hope he can play with an aging LeBron. 

I was excited about our young core and at the end of the trade deadline when the kitchen sink deal for AD I didn't like it. They wanted Zo, BI, Zublocka, Kuz, Hart, the mom and grandma....  Now I hope other Max player or 2 really good players want to come to LA. fingers crossed

I can see Zo throwing lobs to Zion.  The Pelicans can be scary in a Couple to a few years. Good luck to the young core but my Lakers Hopefully can benefit from AD for a while since he is so young. 

Edited by Dr T
Tried to paste a pic but it cut off a majority

Guest MormonGator
On 6/17/2019 at 1:15 AM, Dr T said:

I can see Zo throwing lobs to Zion.  The Pelicans can be scary in a Couple to a few years. Good luck to the young core but my Lakers Hopefully can benefit from AD for a while since he is so young. 

It'll be a fun time for you guys, that's for sure. 

What about my Celtics? Looks like Kyrie was a two year rental that didn't pay off. Frankly, I'm glad to see him go. Don't call us, we'll call you. 

On 6/18/2019 at 10:12 AM, MormonGator said:

It'll be a fun time for you guys, that's for sure. 

What about my Celtics? Looks like Kyrie was a two year rental that didn't pay off. Frankly, I'm glad to see him go. Don't call us, we'll call you. 

I was surprised to see that. I know u guys kept Tatum, Horford left?  I remember when during trade talk I kept hearing the Celtics had the best offer for AD. Who else is left for Boston?

Guest MormonGator
On 6/20/2019 at 12:15 AM, Dr T said:

I was surprised to see that. I know u guys kept Tatum, Horford left?  I remember when during trade talk I kept hearing the Celtics had the best offer for AD. Who else is left for Boston?

Sad that Horford walked. He is a great team guy and an underrated player. I'm not sure what the big plan is, but I have great faith in Danny to set the ship in the right direction. 

Guest MormonGator
On 7/10/2019 at 9:45 AM, Dr T said:

That new Tacko guy that plays for Boston, towers. Does he play well?

He went to UCF, down the road from me. While I never saw him play, he was a pretty big draw for the team. From what I heard he's actually not very good, just tall. 

Guest MormonGator

So @Godless and @Dr T-James Harden and Russell Westbrook playing on the same team. Am I the only one who thinks this could be a huge problem? Both guys are great players, no doubt. Among the best in the league. But they are both ball hogs and Harden can be a bit moody. Sure, he didn't get along with Dwight Howard. No one does. But to not get along with Chris Paul, who might be the nicest guy in the game? I'm beginning to think Harden might be the problem. I get the feeling this could end badly for all parties. 

@Dr T, your Lakers could win the west this year if the Rockets implode. And my Celtics will be lucky to get the number 8 seed! 

On 7/13/2019 at 9:30 AM, MormonGator said:

So @Godless and @Dr T-James Harden and Russell Westbrook playing on the same team. Am I the only one who thinks this could be a huge problem? Both guys are great players, no doubt. Among the best in the league. But they are both ball hogs and Harden can be a bit moody. Sure, he didn't get along with Dwight Howard. No one does. But to not get along with Chris Paul, who might be the nicest guy in the game? I'm beginning to think Harden might be the problem. I get the feeling this could end badly for all parties. 

@Dr T, your Lakers could win the west this year if the Rockets implode. And my Celtics will be lucky to get the number 8 seed! 

Correct they r both good and both ball hogs I don't know where that is going to go. I hope my boys make some noise this year but my mom’s clippers have two great defenders in the claw and pg with a team that played really well last season when gave golden state a challenge. We’ll see...

Guest MormonGator
On 7/20/2019 at 1:35 PM, Dr T said:

Correct they r both good and both ball hogs I don't know where that is going to go. I hope my boys make some noise this year but my mom’s clippers have two great defenders in the claw and pg with a team that played really well last season when gave golden state a challenge. We’ll see...

My only concern with the Lakers is that LeBron has a ton of miles on the odometer. I'm not being mean, I actually respect him a great deal, both as a man and as a player. But it's human nature. When we get older, we lose a step, especially in pro sports. 

On 7/22/2019 at 10:18 AM, MormonGator said:

My only concern with the Lakers is that LeBron has a ton of miles on the odometer. I'm not being mean, I actually respect him a great deal, both as a man and as a player. But it's human nature. When we get older, we lose a step, especially in pro sports. 

That is so true. We shall see

• 1 month later...
Guest MormonGator
On 7/27/2019 at 7:44 PM, Dr T said:

That is so true. We shall see

Dwight Howard is back as a Laker. You know how much respect I have for your franchise, but I don't believe Dwight has changed at all. He's complained his way out of Orlando, LA, Houston, Atlanta, Charlotte, Washington....and now, LA again! He's a little baby. 

Hi MG,

yes sir, he’s back, he has gone through team after team and now he’s back. When he came the first time I had high hopes. He was SO SOFT!  He has been problems in the locker room and does complain. Supposedly he has ”changed” gave a good workout for us and seriously I have doubts until I see him when he comes back on the floor. I want him for rebounds and blocked shots this hear. I can hope. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MormonGator
On 9/9/2019 at 7:43 PM, Dr T said:

Hi MG,

yes sir, he’s back, he has gone through team after team and now he’s back. When he came the first time I had high hopes. He was SO SOFT!  He has been problems in the locker room and does complain. Supposedly he has ”changed” gave a good workout for us and seriously I have doubts until I see him when he comes back on the floor. I want him for rebounds and blocked shots this hear. I can hope. 

Time will tell. I hope he's changed too, but I doubt it. A leopard doesn't change their spots. I think the NBA is better when the Lakers-Celtics-Knicks are good, so I'm hopeful we both have good years. 

• 3 weeks later...