Lakers continued

Dr T

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Dr T said:

I agree with that. We were picked off, ur guys rained 3s and stomped us. :(

All true. You live by the three, you die by the three. We got lucky tonight. 

Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, pam said:

My condolences Dr T.  Such a sad sad day.

I read somewhere his family goes to church, but I didn't catch what religion they were. Hope it provides his family some peace.  

Kobe. :(  Such a huge loss!  I will not say the greatest of all time as I reserve that for MJ but he was a MJ Jr. for sure.  I loved his assassin mentality, his competitiveness and his drive, his work ethic was great.  I heard the Mavs retired Kobe’s #   That is Super cool in my book. I feel bad for his family, his wife and 3 surviving daughters.  He never got to give his hall of fame speech. :(  I'm shook.  He was one of the best during my time, Kobe was great. I'm sad for his loss

Edited by Dr T

Guest MormonGator
17 hours ago, Dr T said:

Kobe. :(  Such a huge loss!  I will not say the greatest of all time as I reserve that for MJ but he was a MJ Jr. for sure.  I loved his assassin mentality, his competitiveness and his drive, his work ethic was great.  I heard the Mavs retired Kobe’s #   That is Super cool in my book. I feel bad for his family, his wife and 3 surviving daughters.  He never got to give his hall of fame speech. :(  I'm shook.  He was one of the best during my time, Kobe was great. I'm sad for his loss

It's tough bro. Just know we're all praying for you, you city, and the Lakers. 

And this Celtics fan has become a passionate supporter of your team this year. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MormonGator

On a much happier note, the Celtics are going to retire the number of one of my all time favorite players, Kevin Garnett. I'll never forget him kissing Lucky after they won the championship. 

113898030_original.jpg

Guest MormonGator
On 2/15/2020 at 12:54 AM, Dr T said:

Congrats to your double OT win over the clips. 

Thanks bud. The second half the season is where they separate the contenders from the pretenders, so I guess we'll see what plays out. 

How are you doing? You doing okay? 

Hey MG,

Thanks for the thoughts. Yes, second half will show what we are facing. Your boys have been playing well. We play you guys next. I hope we come out to play. For me, my health has been very poor lately, I've not been able to move much but am still able to work but it really is taking everything I can muster. It's just been tough lately 

Edited by Dr T

Guest MormonGator
21 hours ago, Dr T said:

Intense game IMO, the tension was hi in my house Tatum is the man!   Your team is TOUGH  MG

So is yours my friend. Hopefully we'll meet later in the post season. 

• 2 weeks later...

NBA suspends season until further notice after player tests positive for the coronavirus Woj said ”The player is the Jazz's Rudy Gobert, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. That led to Utah's game at Oklahoma City being postponed just before tipoff.”  they played tonight but we'll see how long this goes and what it means.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just read this on FB. ”The eight teams that are reported to face the Los Angeles Lakers in the regular season games, when the league returns are the: Denver Nuggets, Houston Rockets, Utah Jazz (twice), Toronto Raptors, Washington Wizards, Indiana Pacers, and the Sacramento Kings.”  I do not know if it is accurate but is fun to see NBA news

• 2 weeks later...

Los Angeles Lakers

Restart rankings:  1

Last week:

Record: 49-14
Pace: 101.1 (12) OffRtg: 112.6 (4) DefRtg: 105.5 (3) NetRtg: +7.1 (2)

Our last real memory of the Lakers is them beating the Bucks and Clippers in one weekend, holding two top-six offenses to just 96.3 points per 100 possessions, with LeBron James seeing the bulk of the matchup time against Giannis Antetokounmpo and Kawhi Leonard. (They did lose to the Nets that Tuesday). But, though that was two of the last three games they've played, it was also three months ago. And we're still at least seven and a half weeks from the next game that means anything.

We can be confident that James will be both ready for and serious aboutthe resumption of the season. If the Lakers can get back to defending like they did over those last few weeks - they saw the league's biggest drop in points allowed per 100 possessions from before the All-Star break (106.3, fifth) to after it (101.6, second) - they have a good shot at winning title No. 17.

Given how lethal the Lakers are in transition and how much they depend on a scrambled defense -- 28.5% of their points, the league's highest rate, have come via fast-break points or second-chance points -- you can't put enough emphasis on their own defense. They've been better defensively with Davis at center (101.4 points allowed per 100 possessions) than they've been with him at the four (106.4), though those Davis-at-center minutes are more likely to have come against opposing reserves and it remains to be seen how much we see of him playing center in the postseason.

Dwight Howard releases statement that he agrees with Kyrie Irving that NBA should cancel season.  That is his right but selfishly I’d like him to bite the bullet, get out there, play tough and play through the risk. Many people will get sick, healthy people will fight it off and be fine. He is not old like 70’s or 80’s. Help us in the post season. 

Edited by Dr T